Peekaf the elf king

While doing my re-read of all of berserk, after arriving at the part of Jill telling the story of peekaf, I bet that the story's about him are actually based on the elf king himself. I base this speculation on two points :
1.Jill said peekaf is a human that resembles an elf; Rosine believes peekaf was an actual elf that looked different from other elves.
The elf king could either; be a human that somehow got turned into an elf, an elf that looked different from the other simply cause he was the elf king or he could somehow be both?

2.peekaf time traveled 100 year after entering and leaving the elf valley. The elf king is said to be a great magician capable of controlling time-space.

This would be a great way to further integrate the lost children chapter in the overall narrative of berserk.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Diivil said:
What do you think?

The story of Peekaf is a fairy tale within the fairy tale, something Rosine could relate to as a child. There really is no reason to think the King of the Flower Storm is related to the story, nor is there any need to further integrate the Lost Children chapter in the overall narrative of Berserk.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Diivil said:
The elf king is said to be a great magician capable of controlling time-space.

Inaccurate translation. Here's Puella's:

Schierke: They say that some of the elves have enormous power, that they're able to decipher time-transgressive fates and to use the truth of hidden secrets, transcending space.

Basically, the Elf King can peer through time, not travel through it. If time travel had been introduced in Berserk, it would be a HUGE deal, not merely an aside mentioned by Schierke once, in one panel.

I've long maintained that SK could have access to an oracle, which could explain how he knows such mysterious things, like the circumstances around Guts' birth. And the Elf King's power, as hinted at by Schierke, could be that.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
Inaccurate translation. Here's Puella's:

Basically, the Elf King can peer through time, not travel through it. If time travel had been introduced in Berserk, it would be a HUGE deal, not merely an aside mentioned by Schierke once, in one panel.

I've long maintained that SK could have access to an oracle, which could explain how he knows such mysterious things, like the circumstances around Guts' birth. And the Elf King's power, as hinted at by Schierke, could be that.

Wow this is nice to read. I think that dark horse's translation did not even mentioning that (or I missed it cause I did not read as much the latest episodes vs the other volumes) right?

Sucks that we're stuck with a not so good translation for the English volumes. I'm glad to hang around here, to better understand the story. Once again thank you!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
Wow this is nice to read. I think that dark horse's translation did not even mentioning that (or I missed it cause I did not read as much the latest episodes vs the other volumes) right?

Sucks that we're stuck with a not so good translation for the English volumes. I'm glad to hang around here, to better understand the story. Once again thank you!

I haven't had a chance to check Dark Horse's translation against Puella's. Will edit this post when I get home. But from memory, it's similar to hers.

It's definitely worth checking out Puella's stuff. She's been consistently translating the episodes for more than 6 years. At the forum's top menu, check Explore SKnet, and then Volume Listing.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
I haven't had a chance to check Dark Horse's translation against Puella's. Will edit this post when I get home. But from memory, it's similar to hers.

It's definitely worth checking out Puella's stuff. She's been consistently translating the episodes for more than 6 years. At the forum's top menu, check Explore SKnet, and then Volume Listing.

Well from the top of my mind (at work too and dont have my volume to check but I think their translation just said something about him being very powerfull, but can't remember the rest, so I might be wrong)

As for Puella's translation, I always read them when they come out, it's just that when I get my hands on my physical copy, I don't always remember the differences. But yeah I always like her translations since they are more accurate. I just wish that dark horse did a better job cause I don't always have a computer to make a comparison with the volumes when I'm reading them. Hence sometimes I get confuse.

Ps:It's one of the main reason why I like to hang around here. I like what I read to be the most accurate. :guts:

Episode 342. I doubt it would have any further revel acne to the treat of the narrative but it would be be cool if it did haha

Schierke: Is it like the story? A child who was fascinated by elves, so he went to Elfhelm and enjoyed himself a lot, without noticing that time was passing. When he finally came home, decades had passed.
Isidro: Ah yeah, I've heard this story.

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Diivil said:
Episode 342. I doubt it would have any further revel acne to the treat of the narrative but it would be be cool if it did haha

Yes, as I said in the 342 thread it's a cool shout-out to the tale, but that's likely all it is.

Top Bottom