Will We See Skellig in 2015?

At the monthly pace of releases, do you expect to see Skellig by the end of the year?

• Yes

Votes: 41 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 14 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's been a long time in coming, but Skellig could be right around the corner.

When we last left Guts and co., they were heading toward Skellig (the island where Elfhelm is located), being guided by the merrows. That same episode neatly wrapped up the current character relationships with a hint at things to come.

Since then we've been discovering the inner workings of Griffith's long-promised kingdom and being reintroduced to Rickert. But his side of the story appears to be wrapping up, now that he's made the determination to leave Falconia and live with the Bakiraka. So that leaves just a few more eps with him before we presumably head back to Guts' perspective, and at the current monthly pace...

Do you think it's likely? It'd sure be a great way to end the year!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'd love for us to see Skellig by the end of the year, but I think we've got several more Falconia episodes to go.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
I'm siding with the "yes" party. We saw a bit of the outside world with Rickert arriving at Falconia. Then some of the functions of the city, then the slap ( and seeing the repercussions of this kind of behaviour) and then learning that Rickert is gonna leave. So yeah in my opinion we will see a couple of episodes for the escape and then I think the switch is gonna happen before seeing where the bakiraka are hiding. I don't think it would fit if we saw right now. Well I'd prefer to wait a bit, build up my excitement to see it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I think we've got several more Falconia episodes to go.

I think we've got two at most. The pace that's been set by the previous episodes, on top of Rickert now reaching a decision that has a fuse set on it (with Rakshas out there hunting), points to a pretty hasty departure. The question to me is how long the fight with Rakshas will last, and if we'll see him transform, which would elongate things. I'm actually hoping for a full two episodes on that, with the next one ending in a climax, and resolution early into the next one.

Basically, how I see things going:

Aug (339) — Rickert decides to leave
Sep (340) — Showdown w/ Rashas while escaping
Oct (341) — Wrap up the fight & Escape
Nov (342) — Back to boat, possibly ending with...!
— Volume 38 complete —
— Volume 39 begins —
Dec (343) — Skellig sighted!

jackson_hurley said:
I think the switch is gonna happen before seeing where the bakiraka are hiding. I don't think it would fit if we saw right now. Well I'd prefer to wait a bit, build up my excitement to see it.

Given that there's presumably a great distance between Falconia and the Bakiraka hideout, I don't see how they'd reach that place without a break. That would also truncate any potential run-ins with magical creatures they have along the way, which would suck.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
Given that there's presumably a great distance between Falconia and the Bakiraka hideout, I don't see how they'd reach that place without a break. That would also truncate any potential run-ins with magical creatures they have along the way, which would suck.

Yes indeed. This is pretty much why I think we will see Guts crew before we see Rickert get to the hideout. Could be done in a fashion similar to how he got to Falconia, bu this time with the Bakiraka instead of Raban showing up... I'd like very much to see the traveling from Falconia to the hideout. I just don't think we're gonna see it now.

And when I mentionned the escape, I was not talking about outside Falconia but more the "how to" what with Rakshas, like you said, still on the hunt.

We should get 4 more episodes this year. I'm guessing 2-3 in Falconia at least, so yeah I think we could see Skellig in 2015. That's assuming we go straight to Guts after this part in Falconia. :guts:

Well, I definitely think it's feasible that we could see it this year, but I'm going to bet that it'll be early 2016. I'm hoping for some Rakshas backstory coming up soon, so I think it might take a little longer. :rakshas:

Yes, from the current pacing, it would make sense. I already see the double panel with the Seahorse approaching the shore, the crew (especially Isidro) looking for any odd things, all being as excited as sceptical.

I'm fairly optimistic that we'll get there in 2015. If not, I'm more than fine sticking with Rickert and co. for a while longer.
But I gotta say, to finally gaze upon the first detailed page of Skellig will feel unreal.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ryOtoha said:
Yes, from the current pacing, it would make sense. I already see the double panel with the Seahorse approaching the shore, the crew (especially Isidro) looking for any odd things, all being as excited as sceptical.

Why would they be skeptical? :???:

If not Skellig, I think we'll at least return to Guts and co. before the end of the year. I think another 2-3 episodes with Rickert/Falconia is a safe bet to make.

Aazealh said:
Why would they be skeptical? :???:
`
Nervous is probably a better term. They have great expectations, so we are as readers and i can't wait to see how Miura is gonna play with those expectations.

I am thinking that we will see skelling in January 2016. I would not be surprised if when we switch back to Guts and company that we will have maybe another episode of them on the boat. I also think that Rickert's side of the story is hitting more and more steam and that we have maybe 2 or 3 episodes left with him and Silat before Miura switches perspectives. And honestly I'm not bothered by that, I have been enjoying seeing Rickert, Luka, Silat and the Bakiraka as well as other old faces in new exciting situations, that I am almost hoping it lasts a little while longer. In just a few episodes after being absent for the story for so long Rickert is in the heart of the conflict with Griffith and the Neo Falcons. :rickert:

I am also curious on how soon after Guts and company lands on Skelling how long it will be before he is standing before the elf King. :isidro: I know there will be some exploring of Skelling and its occupants but and the decor of the place but i wonder how it will be addressed...

Walter said:
How are we feeling about this now? :badbone:

Seeing as how YA confirmed that we're going to be seeing Guts in the next episode, and the fact that the stuff with the boat wrapped up quite nicely in episode 331, I think it's safe to say that we will be seeing Skellig in 2015. :guts:

At least, that's how I look at it.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Patrick said:
I think it's safe to say that we will be seeing Skellig in 2015. :guts:

Skellig, sure, but Elfhelm? Possible. But how large is the island, and how difficult will it be to reach the elves? Curious questions. We only have two more episodes before the end of the year, and I think it's possible we'll have some more episodes dealing with travel/conflict before we get there.

That said, I'm still hoping we get a "Land ho!" skyline of the island in the next episode. It will certainly be an incredible sight.

I'm guessing we see the island next episode. I wonder if the merging of worlds has affected an already magic filled place like Elfhelm. Maybe they'll be busy with their own beasts running amok. It's at least a good excuse for Guts and crew to get some action and show their usefulness to the King.

What about the next episode(s) introduce firstly the island and their inhabitants until they meet Guts&co. From what we know, can we assume our little group will be expected or it could be a surprising visit ?

Walter said:
How are we feeling about this now? :badbone:

:ganishka: Well, it doesn't look like I'll be getting any Rakshas backstory, but I am super stoked to get back to Guts and crew. Now my bet is we'll probably see that island before the year is out! :ubik:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom