Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 67

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 67: Combat in the Darkness (Ep. 340) (1h)

We explore Rakshas' new mask, and apostle form, as the Bakiraka manage to turn the tables on the shadowy assassin... for a few moments.

===========================================
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or by plugging this address
into your favorite podcast app: http://skullknight.net/podcast/rss.xml

===========================================

Great podcast, it was nice to hear everyone's thoughts on the new episode. I'm wondering how far the disturbance will escalate, and if Zodd and reinforcements will come to stop it, or if it ends quickly enough that there is a silent cover up. I've always liked Rickert as a character but it so nice to see him change through out the volumes, and play a more lead role in the story. I hope Luca and her friends will be safe living in Falconia even if the others escape from the city.

I know in the forums you mentioned if we will see Guts and company before the end of the year, but I'm starting to think that they could extend the rest of the fight and escape from Falconia longer. I certainly don't mind as both parts of the story are great, but what do you think now that you've seen this episode with only three left?

Thanks again, I love your talks!
(Looking forward to more re-reads too!)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

It was more brief than normal because we started late due to technical difficulties with recording. But there wasn't much else I would have added. Maybe a bit more speculation about what's ahead in 341. But that's already happening in the episode thread, so...

As for re-reads, our work-family schedules kind of prohibit more recordings than we're currently doin -- at least without creating needless drama. Id love to do a podcast every 2 weeks, but time becomes a crucial resource the older you get.

Tama said:
I know in the forums you mentioned if we will see Guts and company before the end of the year, but I'm starting to think that they could extend the rest of the fight and escape from Falconia longer. I certainly don't mind as both parts of the story are great, but what do you think now that you've seen this episode with only three left?

Everything's going according to my proposed schedule of events:

Aug (339) — Rickert decides to leave
Sep (340) — Showdown w/ Rashas while escaping
Oct (341) — Wrap up the fight & Escape
Nov (342) — Back to boat, possibly ending with...!
— Volume 38 complete —
— Volume 39 begins —
Dec (343) — Skellig sighted!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
It was more brief than normal because we started late due to technical difficulties with recording. But there wasn't much else I would have added. Maybe a bit more speculation about what's ahead in 341. But that's already happening in the episode thread, so...

I almost broached the subject, but once I realized you were gone I figured it was best left for the board as well.

Walter said:
As for re-reads, our work-family schedules kind of prohibit more recordings than we're currently doin -- at least without creating needless drama. Id love to do a podcast every 2 weeks, but time becomes a crucial resource the older you get.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the current schedule/format, namely the part where we actually get new Berserk episodes to talk about every month! It also makes for a tighter, more focused show; the re-reads are fun and instructive reviews, but they're also long, time-consuming and a resource best drawn on when those new episodes are scarce.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tama said:
I'm wondering how far the disturbance will escalate, and if Zodd and reinforcements will come to stop it, or if it ends quickly enough that there is a silent cover up. I've always liked Rickert as a character but it so nice to see him change through out the volumes, and play a more lead role in the story. I hope Luca and her friends will be safe living in Falconia even if the others escape from the city.

It's a good question, and it could go either way in my opinion. I could see it not raise too much attention (i.e. neighbors asking what was the noise about next morning) or cause a bigger commotion, which might involve witnesses and even possibly casualties (with Rakshas slaughtering them, for example).

Tama said:

My thoughts haven't changed.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Great podcast again guys. Don't know if you mentioned it during the horse scene (the sound at work bugged a bit) but yeh we do see the two scythe cutting the horse in half. I did not noticed them at first but when I got to that part in the podcast I rechecked again and they are there cutting the horse. Then we see them all bloody in the next panel. Sorry if you said it already, like i said i lost a couple of seconds around that part.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
Great podcast again guys. Don't know if you mentioned it during the horse scene (the sound at work bugged a bit) but yeh we do see the two scythe cutting the horse in half. I did not noticed them at first but when I got to that part in the podcast I rechecked again and they are there cutting the horse. Then we see them all bloody in the next panel. Sorry if you said it already, like i said i lost a couple of seconds around that part.

Yep, Aaz points it out, and it's on the show. I just missed it my first reading. :farnese:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
Welp, that's what this whole show is for :ubik:

And this is why I like to listen to it! Took a while to like it, (not that it's not great) I usually don't like podcast but since I'm a huge berserk fan and have been hanging here a long time, I figured it could be very usefull with lots of interesting thoughts and facts. i wasn't wrong ; it is full of interesting thoughts and facts.

I started to listen to some old ones during the last break. Pretty cool stuff I must say. Keep up the good work guys!

Top Bottom