The Amber Cronicles (Rodger Zelazny)

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
Any of you ever read this series...
I really enjoyed it again for the first time.
It's kinda of old, but it so easy and fun to read.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
when I first tried to read through it, it bothered me. I can't remember why though, and that WAS when I was 12... I'll have to give them another try

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
krunkster said:
Any of you ever read this series...
I really enjoyed it again for the first time.
It's kinda of old, but it so easy and fun to read.
I read them.It was a cool read,even though at times the story kinda looked like a soap opera (all those families stories and stuff...).

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Anybody into the Amber chronicles should read the Elric,Hawkmoon,Corum and Erekosë Chronicles from Moorcock.There are quite a few similarities.

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
Oltobaz said:
Anybody into the Amber chronicles should read the Elric,Hawkmoon,Corum and Erekosë Chronicles from Moorcock.There are quite a few similarities.

Holy Crap,
Where do I start with that Moorcock guy?
It looks like there's books and comics...
Maybe I'll search the web for some hierarchy, but I open to opinion.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I think Elric is a good start, there's 9 books, but the last is special, you won't understand it if you haven't read some of his others novels. There's alot of crossover in Moorcock's work.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
krunkster said:
Oltobaz said:

Holy Crap,
Where do I start with that Moorcock guy?
It looks like there's books and comics...
Maybe I'll search the web for some hierarchy, but I open to opinion.
Start with the books.The comics are cool enough but you definitely need to read the books first to fully appreciate them.
You should start with the Elric saga one of the best sagas ever made if you ask me.Get then onto Corum. I would then read Erekosë.ONLY THEN can you discover Hawkmoon.Here's why:
there are two hawkmoon series.While you can definitely read the first one whenever,the second one actually offers a feel of general conclusion to the whole Multiverse series.I should also mention,while I'm at it,the Jerry Cornelius books which you can try afterwards.

Top Bottom