Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 69

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 69: Revelations (Vol 17-1) (58m)

We return to the re-read project with a deep dive into Volume 17, one of our favorites, which gives us a rare glimpse of the state of the world after the Eclipse. This volume also lays down the essentials regarding humans and their perception of the astral world and its inhabitants.

===========================================
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or by plugging this address
into your favorite podcast app: http://skullknight.net/podcast/rss.xml

===========================================

Great episode! I'm glad you guys are continuing the re-read project, I've learned a lot from listening to them. Please keep up the hard work! :ubik:

Thank you for the re-read podcast, I am glad you all can find the time to still do them once in a while. I enjoy the monthly episode ones as well but normally when you guys take a more in depth look at the volumes I notice things I didn't previously or have learned something new. This is one of my favorite volumes as well, it covers so much ground and we are introduced to a lot of interesting things. I'm also fond of the volume 17 cover, it's so different then the others and the way it's made by Miura is beautiful with Guts and Puck.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Corrections and retractions: I mistakenly said Ubik when referring to Conrad's plague devastation. It was correctly attributed to Conrad afterward in the normal course of the show so I didn't interrupt the conversation address it then but it's been eating at me nonetheless ever since! :griffnotevil:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Corrections and retractions: I mistakenly said Ubik when referring to Conrad's plague devastation. It was correctly attributed to Conrad afterward in the normal course of the show so I didn't interrupt the conversation address it then but it's been eating at me nonetheless ever since! :griffnotevil:

Weird, I didn't hear that at all.

But I get it. All bald fat guys look the same to you. It may as well have been George Costanza who caused that plague, right?

Griffith

Walter said:
But I get it. All bald fat guys look the same to you. It may as well have been George Costanza who caused that plague, right?

Well, we know Miura does a lot of real world research and referencing for his artwork:

bd088bfa-53fd-40a4-a1be-8a6d5f53e351.jpg

Oh my gosh! George Costanza as Conrad just cracked me up! :ganishka: That is awesomeness.

I'm glad you're going to keep doing the re-reads. I enjoyed your discussion in this one and I like Aazealh's theory about Puck derailing Bechi's fate. That seems more likely to me than anyone in Guts' party using it to become an apostle.

Oburi

All praise Grail
As a huge Seinfeld fan, I'm getting a great kick out of this :ganishka:

Great podcast as usual, but in particular you guys all seemed to have been in good spirits and high energy right from the get go. :badbone:

Griffith

Tama said:
That's really funny Griffith, how long did it take you to make that? :)

30 minutes to an hour. The hardest part was finding the source images and seeing what fit best overall; there wasn't much to it otherwise. Anyway, I was sad the ball got rolling on this while I was at work when I knew I could be making important contributions to the board:

http://www.skullknight.net/griffith/theartofdestruction.jpg

Top Bottom