New Berserk Anime for 2016

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
residentgrigo said:
Well Walter. This anime may look like nothing but this isn´t South Park. He can steer small parts of the very last batch in a better direction but ep. 3? Everyone sinks on our Titanic :magni:

Was trying to be reasonable. My bad.

MASTER-AMIR

Guts The Black Swordsman
I do believe they saw feedback of Berserk anime in Anime Expo :guts: I feel they will release Lost Children OVA type soon.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
residentgrigo said:
Well Walter. This anime may look like nothing but this isn´t South Park. He can steer small parts of the very last batch in a better direction but ep. 3? Everyone sinks on our Titanic :magni: .

Incomprehensible post. Rather than complaining, the news that Miura got involved early should give us hope that later episodes will be of a higher quality, at least as far as the scripts go.

MASTER-AMIR said:
I do believe they saw feedback of Berserk anime in Anime Expo :guts: I feel they will release Lost Children OVA type soon.

Yeah I have no doubt Anime Expo really got them to change their mind on that point. They're going to get on top of it right this instant. :schierke:

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
@Aazealh / Walter I fully expect more coherent writing in the future but scripts come before everything else. I know that even anime episodes can be worked on till the last second (Cowboy Bebop) but were are talking about animation, not the way they are structured from the bottom up.
Who knows when ep. 1 was finished, it now looks better than in the trailers, yet it would be hard to implement game changers that can "steer" anything. The writers, episode directors and so on are assigned with enough lead in time and the Miura written episode appears to be No. 3 and maybe another down the line. I don´t think that anyone stepped in. This is just Miura´s time to be in the spotlight.

South Park gets put together in 6 days, watch 6 Days to Air: The Making of South Park, and the record are 3 days. Every anime this season though HAS to be deep in work on the last stretch of the cour. Not starting them.
prod.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
residentgrigo said:
@Aazealh / Walter I fully expect more coherent writing in the future but scripts come before everything else. I know that even anime episodes can be worked on till the last second (Cowboy Bebop) but were are talking about animation, not the way they are structured from the bottom up.
Who knows when ep. 1 was finished, it now looks better than in the trailers, yet it would be hard to implement game changers that can "steer" anything. The writers, episode directors and so on are assigned with enough lead in time and the Miura written episode appears to be No. 3 and maybe another down the line. I don´t think that anyone stepped in. This is just Miura´s time to be in the spotlight.

I don't think anyone is proposing that there will be, or could be, sweeping changes to the production. Just that Miura might have seen a script and then wanted to revise it, hence his additions to the first ep. That could have happened early on — we don't know, and it doesn't really matter. And in Episode 3 he presumably had full control. That's really it.

The team could become more competent over time. That's not infeasible. But I don't expect a "game changer" personally.

Nothingwillbewong said:
Does anyone know what the reaction in the Expo was more specifically?

The guy in the tweets implied that the crowd went wild.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nothingwillbewong said:
Yes but I didn't understand if they went wild from excitement because, you know, group mentality or with rage...

Seemed pretty clear to me. He said he thought it was shit and the crowd "made it worse," presumably by cheering for it.

You could always send him a tweet and see if he could give you more clarification though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nothingwillbewong said:
Yes, I sent him a tweet as soon as I posted here. It confused me, cause the idea of getting excited for this anime is so farfetched to me

I was in a theater where people cheered for Looper. People are stupid in groups.

Imperator Hanseatic

Ultimately just a crippled neet who loves Berserk.
Nothingwillbewong said:
Yes, I sent him a tweet as soon as I posted here. It confused me, cause the idea of getting excited for this anime is so farfetched to me
Those people do exist. Some of them on this very forum. Here they're the minority, but they seem quite numerous in Youtube comments. I imagine many of them aren't familiar enough with the manga to really understand what's wrong with this new adaptation, with another large portion lacking the critical thinking skills to recognize things that just don't make sense. The latter is a common issue these days, I find.

Edit: removed extraneous word.

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
A lot of casual audience only cares to see Guts chopping up someone so I imagine the story doesn't matter that much to them. Which is quite sad.

Imperator Hanseatic said:
Those people do exist. Some of them on this very forum. Here they're the minority, but they seem quite numerous in Youtube comments. I imagine many of them aren't familiar enough with the manga to really understand what's wrong with this new adaptation, with another large portion lacking the critical thinking skills to recognize things that just don't make sense. The latter is a common issue these days, I find.

Edit: removed extraneous word.
Those people exist in large quantities these days, when I try to argue with them why it's bad technically they say I just can't accept their opinion and am a bigot

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
I was in a theater where people cheered for Looper. People are stupid in groups.

People cheered when Adonis was killed by Guts when I watched the movie in a festival. Like that part was funny or something...

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Sadly I didn't make it to the panel at Anime Expo because of how bad the lines were this year in terms of crowding and terrible management. Shit's getting to the level of SDCC where you have to get to a panel line 2-3 hours early if you want to make it in.

Anyway, FUCK IT WAS SO BAD I ALMOST AM GLAD I DIDN'T SEE IT IN PERSON JESUS CHRIST. :azan:

residentgrigo said:
This Robert though is a gentleman and a scholar! +1
Cme9o4bUIAA140G.jpg
Walter said:
It's true, he's pretty awesome.
DemiFiendRSA from Twitter here. I wasn't expecting to get such praise :farnese: . Thanks, guys. You're very welcome, I'm glad I was able to report some of the Q & A from the premiere panel. :guts:

I'd also asked the producer a question when I went to go get my free poster and autograph. It's worth noting that he can speak and understand English well. Anyways, I asked him how much Miura was involved with the production of the anime. His response, "He was involved from top to bottom. He checked every script and went to every voice recordings for it."

And here's a little bit of info on episode 2 and episode 3 preview for anyone who can't wait til Friday.
Episode 2
-Golden Age flashback from the Guardians of Desire section of the Black Swordsman arc where Guts and Griffith are talking to each other on the pile of corpses was added during Farnese interrogation with Guts
-The new track by Susumu Hirasawa is played when Guts takes Farnese hostage
-The episode ends at the ending of manga episode 122/1st page of episode 123 where the haunted spirits are flying past Serpico

Episode 3 preview
-Guts and Farnese are hiding in some abandon mansion.
-See a little bit of Farnese's flashback
-flashback with Boar Apostle
-Farnese tries to barricade a door from the possessed dogs.

Dar Klink said:
Sadly I didn't make it to the panel at Anime Expo because of how bad the lines were this year in terms of crowding and terrible management. Shit's getting to the level of SDCC where you have to get to a panel line 2-3 hours early if you want to make it in.

Anyway, FUCK IT WAS SO BAD I ALMOST AM GLAD I DIDN'T SEE IT IN PERSON JESUS CHRIST. :azan:
No worries. I took the bullet for you. :troll:

Yeah, I don't know how I still managed to have patience for Anime Expo. I get so frustrated by it sometimes.:mozgus:

Nothingwillbewong said:
Does anyone know what the reaction in the Expo was more specifically?
Nothingwillbewong said:
I already responded to your tweet, but I'll repeated it here. The majority of the crowd seemed to enjoy it. They cheered almost every time Guts does something like killing or punching someone. :schierke:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hitoshura said:
DemiFiendRSA from Twitter here. I wasn't expecting to get such praise :farnese: . Thanks, guys. You're very welcome, I'm glad I was able to report some of the Q & A from the premiere panel. :guts:

Thanks for reporting all that info man, great job!
thumbup.gif

Hitoshura said:
I'd also asked the producer a question when I went to go get my free poster and autograph. It's worth noting that he can speak and understand English well. Anyways, I asked him how much Miura was involved with the production of the anime. His response, "He was involved from top to bottom. He checked every script and went to every voice recordings for it."

Interesting. That makes me all the more curious to see how the next episodes will go. I think even with the abysmally low budget this show has got (not to mention the dreadfully accelerated pace), Miura's involvement should be able to salvage the story's integrity. Although that didn't really save the first episode... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hitoshura said:
And here's a little bit of info on episode 2 and episode 3 preview for anyone who can't wait til Friday.
Episode 2
-Golden Age flashback from the Guardians of Desire section of the Black Swordsman arc where Guts and Griffith are talking to each other on the pile of corpses was added during Farnese interrogation with Guts
-The episode ends at the ending of manga episode 122/1st page of episode 123 where the haunted spirits are flying past Serpico

Episode 3 preview

Hmm, I'm quite curious to see how that will look in action. It looks like they crammed in a lot of flashbacks. What did you think of the second episode? Better than the first one, or also terrible?

Thanks a lot for all that info, much appreciated. I'm most curious about the third episode, if they want to cram in too much not even Miura's involvement will be able to save the ship from sinking.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Earthlingzing said:
I'm most curious about the third episode, if they want to cram in too much not even Miura's involvement will be able to save the ship from sinking.

Yeah to me this TV series has now become a kind of exercise in seeing just how much a story can be compressed, cut and rearranged without losing its soul. I'm not at all sure it'll avoid being a disaster, but one can hope. Of course, even if the scripts are good, there's always the CG and animation to contend with...

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Hitoshura said:
I asked him how much Miura was involved with the production of the anime. His response, "He was involved from top to bottom. He checked every script and went to every voice recordings for it."

Ouch.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Hitoshura said:
Anyways, I asked him how much Miura was involved with the production of the anime. His response, "He was involved from top to bottom. He checked every script and went to every voice recordings for it."

I wonder if he's playing up Miura's involvement. Every voice recording? Really?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hitoshura said:
Episode 2

Thanks for the preview! As expected, the pacing here seems more reasonable for an episode's worth of content. Strange placement of Susumu's track, though. A heroic-sounding song for a non-heroic moment. I wonder if it kicks in when he's holding the torch to Farnese's ass :farnese: :guts:

Episode 3 preview

Now that's interesting -- particularly because this is the episode Miura wrote, yet it has a big deviation from the manga. I'm really interested in seeing that scene now.

Oburi said:

I had the same thought, but without any other official word on it, we have to take him at face value.

Aazealh said:
Hmm, I'm quite curious to see how that will look in action. It looks like they crammed in a lot of flashbacks. What did you think of the second episode? Better than the first one, or also terrible?
It still looked terrible, but it was better than the 1st episode only because of the pacing of it. There were still a couple of cuts, but the 2nd episode was nowhere near as crammed as the 1st episode was.

Oburi said:
Yeah, I wasn't completely convinced when he said that, but as Walter has already mention, we'll just have to take it at face value.

Top Bottom