New to World of Berserk

Hi first of all i just want to introduce myself here to all the others users

Now moving on i decided to start reading Berserk a couple of months ago basically for games like Demon's/Dark Souls as they take some inspiration from the world of Berserk, after the first chapters it grew on me and until this day I'm still reading it

I decided to register on this forum since i wanted someone who could shed some light on this for me apart from being the most active community of Berserk that i could find (if not the only one)

1. To get this out of the way at the moment i don't own the manga so you know how I'm reading it so I'm planning to start buying every now and then, what I'm wondering is this version https://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Browse/%22berserk%22/PpwNwkt8 the same one that is on amazon? if so does anyone have some photos of the actual manga? I couldn't find any and i haven't seen any manga where i live to know how they are

2. This is the main reason i register here, i have subscribe to the podcast but what i want to know how spoiler free is? I'm planning to start from the first episode and right now on Berserk I'm on volume 23 in the description some episodes are more related to specific volumes while others aren't I'm thinking to leave those for last and just listen at the moment any that are volume specific until the one I'm on right now

Well that's basically all

Cheers

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Reisz, welcome!

Reisz said:
1. To get this out of the way at the moment i don't own the manga so you know how I'm reading it so I'm planning to start buying every now and then, what I'm wondering is this version https://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Browse/%22berserk%22/PpwNwkt8 the same one that is on amazon? if so does anyone have some photos of the actual manga? I couldn't find any and i haven't seen any manga where i live to know how they are

Yep, there's only one version of Berserk printed in the US, and it's published by Dark Horse. Not sure what you mean by photos of the actual manga. Do you mean scans? I mean, I have a few individual panels that I use for reference pretty often, like this classy one of Conrad in Vol. 3. Is that what you mean...? Because there are also previews of the Dark Horse version on the official site (which you've already linked to).

2. This is the main reason i register here, i have subscribe to the podcast but what i want to know how spoiler free is? I'm planning to start from the first episode and right now on Berserk I'm on volume 23 in the description some episodes are more related to specific volumes while others aren't I'm thinking to leave those for last and just listen at the moment any that are volume specific until the one I'm on right now

I'm afraid that there are spoilers laden throughout probably every single episode of the podcast. :farnese: It's really not meant for newer readers, unfortunately. Sorry! A big point of our show is being able to talk about older sections of the series in context with future events, so we can put everything into proper perspective. But don't fret -- you'll catch up soon enough, and then you can dive right in. I can tell you that when we started the podcast, the newest episode was Ep 326 (in Vol 37). So once you get to that point, you're "caught up" for the first 20-30 episodes of the show or so.

Top Bottom