Berserk (My Own Series Episodes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dragon Warrior

Hey guys, I'm new in this forum. I just wanna say nice to meet all of you. Well...
I'm planning to make my own Berserk episodes using ''Xnalara''. Berserk is a dark anime/manga and videogame series created by Kentaro Miura.
Well, the Berserk series I will make is a bit ''different'' than the original or actual series. It will be ''less darker''. It also will be in a different world than the world of the real series is. The chapters will be uploading in DA http://dragonwarrior-ht.deviantart.com/ or http://dragonwarrior-h.deviantart.com/
So what do you think?
berserk__my_special__series__by_dragonwarrior_ht-d9q5fsh.jpg

Dragon Warrior said:
Well, the Berserk series I will make is a bit ''different'' than the original or actual series. It will be ''less darker''. It also will be in a different world than the world of the real series is.
So what do you think?

Why call it Berserk when, as you put it, it'll be set in a different world?

D

Dragon Warrior

Because the main character is ''Guts''. I can't put Guts in another different series. If I create another series that named another than Berserk. It would be stealing the character.
So I would better make it ''A Berserk fan made chapters'' but with my own different ideas.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I think this is a terrible idea. You speak of calling this "Berserk" because using Guts in "another series" would be "stealing the character", but this makes no difference. You're stealing both the character and the series' names and likeness. This won't really be Berserk, and it won't really be Guts either. Just you misusing someone else's characters and story.

I would rather recommend you to create your own story with your own characters. They can be still inspired by Berserk, no one will blame you for that.

D

Dragon Warrior

There are people using "series" and character making stories as "fanfaction"
So basically. This is the summary of the idea.

Making "Guts" in another series does not make any sense to me.
I did create my own character tho. But I could not make it 3D. I guess i will try to give it a shot

Anyway. Thanks for response

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
I suggest you follow Aaz's advice. It's much more rewarding when you create something on your own, trust me. Using the characters comes with a lot of baggage, not the least of which is copyright infringement. You're already using a different world, why not go the extra foot and make a new character? You don't have to hide your inspiration from Berserk, just don't take intellectual property and pretend its your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom