Volume 38 Release

Walter said:
Though 2017 could always mean December 2017, here's a best-case scenario for what that could involve:

Vol 39:
343 December 15
344 June 16
345 July 16
346 August 16
347 September 16
348 October 16
349 November 16
350 December 16
351 January 17

Either way it's good to know! It says something about seeing Young Animal news for more information, but I haven't found anything on the website. That's probably just a general statement about getting news from the website.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
Nice. Yeah, ever since Aazealh found that enigmatic extra page in Vol 28, the first thing I do when a new volume arrives is a page-by-page comparison.

Oh wow, that's a great catch! Here's hoping they can keep that promise.

Though 2017 could always mean December 2017, here's a best-case scenario for what that could involve:

Vol 39:
343 December 15
344 June 16
345 July 16
346 August 16
347 September 16
348 October 16
349 November 16
350 December 16
351 January 17

Do you think it's safe to assume that pretty much all future volumes will contained 9 episodes? I thought we had a chance to go back to 10 per volume with the series becoming monthly but it seems they kept the 9 episodes formula.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
Do you think it's safe to assume that pretty much all future volumes will contained 9 episodes? I thought we had a chance to go back to 10 per volume with the series becoming monthly but it seems they kept the 9 episodes formula.

It could always change. But I think if it were going to change, it'd have happened in Vol 38, because Ep 343 has been out since December. They had every chance to include it in 38.

There was a long, bountiful time of Berserk when there were 11 eps per volume, and we got 2 volumes per year :isidro: Of course, Miura was also 15-20 years younger then.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rupert Sinclair said:
It says something about seeing Young Animal news for more information, but I haven't found anything on the website. That's probably just a general statement about getting news from the website.

No, I don't think so. The news is more likely to be featured in the magazine. Either way, it's good to see a sign that regular releases are here to stay.

jackson_hurley said:
Do you think it's safe to assume that pretty much all future volumes will contained 9 episodes?

Probably.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Rupert Sinclair said:
Either way it's good to know! It says something about seeing Young Animal news for more information, but I haven't found anything on the website. That's probably just a general statement about getting news from the website.
I found this:

se75fQ2.jpg

EDIT:
Ah, that's probably from the Volume, the drawning deceived me XD

EDIT2:
Walter said:
Yeah dog, that's Rupert's image

Welp, it a new level of "Fail" i achieved here XD

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Spotted in the wild... it'd be ludicrous to re-buy these, right......?

CmFGl76UsAIoToV.jpg:small

Interestingly, the little Puck picture is on the back of all the new volume slip covers.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Spotted in the wild... it'd be ludicrous to re-buy these, right......?

It wouldn't be if they offered some extra incentive -- colored pages, new posters, etc. But without? None.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Walter said:
It wouldn't be if they offered some extra incentive -- colored pages, new posters, etc. But without? None.

But Wally... UNIFORM SPINES.

I'm pretty picky, consistent spines alone are worth it to me.

by the way, do you guys know where this is from? they're using one of the previous poster illustrations for the cover but it doesn't say the volume number. it must be for some kind of special promotion but for what exactly.

35763d3232924587b9408a7661f99243.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I saw that a few days ago too. I'm not sure, but it's possibly a limited-edition alternate cover. They did the same for Vol 34's release to celebrate Berserk's 20th anniversary.

Theozilla said:
Are those good numbers for the series and a manga of that genre/demo in general to get within a week?

i'd say extremely good, that many sales in less than half a week for a manga thats not shueisha's and kodansha's shonen mangas is impressive. if you go on ANN and look at their previous comic rankings you'll see that volume 38 sold more than a good amount of popular series in the first week, i think the sales will stay strong too, they'll definitely show up in the next comic ranking, the anime is gonna boost it for sure.

volume 37 sold less in its first week
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-03/japanese-comic-ranking-march-24-30

277K a few weeks later
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-17/japanese-comic-ranking-april-7-13

should be easy to surpass with a new seasonal anime coming out + the sales of all the reprints = $$$$$$$$

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Theozilla said:
Are those good numbers for the series and a manga of that genre/demo in general to get within a week?

It's good for a seinen, but I don't think it's great or anything as far as Berserk is concerned. I'm not sure it's reaching the numbers from 10 years ago, when a Berserk volume was consistently #1 on the week of its release. The sales would have to be sustained, and it's usually not the case (they drop).

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
Thx for the ad ApostleBob. Love it. Motion comics have a lot of untapped potential to me. (A version of this would be an anime OP i 100% could get behind.)
That YA Youtube channel though... :schierke: .

Aazealh said:
Cool use of a (likely free) morphing app

Haha yeah, but let's give the guy some credit:

All the pictures taken from real comic books frame by frame. After extracted the leading character from more than 6000 pages, I carefully collected and re-ordered their face to move sequencially.

http://baku89.com/work/berserk

:griffnotevil:

Top Bottom