Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 75

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 75: Reunion (Vol. 19-1) (1h 45m)

Grail joins Aaz and Walter as the group tears through the first half of Volume 19, a portion of the series that moves at breakneck speed.

===========================================
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or by plugging this address
into your favorite podcast app: http://skullknight.net/podcast/rss.xml

===========================================

DasBouf

I'm Noah. I love my waifu and my friends
5 minutes in and I can already tell this is going to be a great episode
EDIT:I also understood the Behelit (Beherit) Apostle as not having any more or less control over the person he bestowed power on as the regular Behelits. But then that's just my plebeian understanding of it.

ApostleBob said:
Loving it you guys! Keep doing these re-reads!

Hear, hear!

I'm going to have to re-listen to it with a volume in hand, probably tomorrow on my way to work and back ... great insight. Good to hear the lovely Grail.

That bit about Hooters cracked me up and kind of reminded me of my very own first encounter with the franchise, though it wasn't a date :farnese:. I believe it was my first year in the city and the then Accountant of the firm, Abe, while bragging about some of the girls he'd been dating, randomly suggested we go to Hooters. In my mind I thought - yeah, why not! And without asking him anything further, I simply assumed it was a kind of place with exotic dancers, the name being synonymous with the zine n all. I still recall it being a Thursday and I wore a more than decent office shirt, tie, polished my shoes and when we got to the place I was pleasantly relieved and extremely surprised. Boy, was I wrong! I had no idea it was a restaurant with a sports bar kinda vibe but I wasn't complaining cos our host was darn cute. I couldn't get myself to look her in the eye, sticking my face in the menu. She also playfully joked at my choice of drink - a virgin Pina Colada. Sigh. Their hot wings were remarkably spicy and memorable. Listening to the pod kinda makes me want to go back after all these years.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DasBouf said:
I also understood the Beherit (Beherit) Apostle as not having any more or less control over the person he bestowed power on as the regular Beherits. But then that's just my plebeian understanding of it.

He doesn't have any control over the guys he stings, if that's your question.

DasBouf

Aazealh said:
He doesn't have any control over the guys he stings, if that's your question.
Yeah, like what I mean is he doesn't choose the person he stings, but stings the ones who are fated to have it happen sort of how Beherits come to the possession of those who are fated to have it, if that makes sense.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DasBouf said:
Yeah, like what I mean is he doesn't choose the person he stings

Oh, well then he does choose who he stings.

DasBouf said:
the ones who are fated to have it happen sort of how Beherits come to the possession of those who are fated to have it, if that makes sense.

Beherits carry the will of the Idea of Evil. It is it who chooses who gets a beherit or not, and when, and influences events so that it happens.

DasBouf

Aazealh said:
Oh, well then he does choose who he stings.

Beherits carry the will of the Idea of Evil. It is it who chooses who gets a beherit or not, and when, and influences events so that it happens.
Okay, sorry for misunderstanding. You're very helpful and knowledgable as always Aaz! :serpico:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Another great podcast, guys! Hearing Aaz say, "He really wants to mingle!" made my day. I know it's probably an impossibility, but I would love an Aaz soundboard. "Attack dolphins, to the right!" :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I know it's probably an impossibility, but I would love an Aaz soundboard. "Attack dolphins, to the right!" :ganishka:

Well if the people demands it, I could oblige. Wouldn't be too much trouble. Requests are from Patreon donors only though. :iva:

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Great podcast, lady and gentlemen! The Conviction arc is probably the arc that I'm least familiar with. I always forget just how unsettling this section of the manga is every time I revisit it, and this volume is no exception.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Delta Phi said:
Great podcast, lady and gentlemen! The Conviction arc is probably the arc that I'm least familiar with. I always forget just how unsettling this section of the manga is every time I revisit it, and this volume is no exception.

Thank you sir! As always it's a great treat to be asked on to discuss the series. I think I may have mentioned this during the podcast, but I was lucky to have been on to talk about this volume in particular, because it has so many great moments, especially ones involving Isidro! :guts:

And yeah that's a good point, I think between volumes 18 and 21 we get some of the most disturbing imagery in the whole series, in my opinion! :magni:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Delta Phi said:
The Conviction arc is probably the arc that I'm least familiar with. I always forget just how unsettling this section of the manga is every time I revisit it, and this volume is no exception.

There are a few sections of the series that I'm not as well-versed in, just in terms of how often I re-read it. I tend to skip through Vols 18-20 and Vol 29-32 when I'm re-reading. So I'm looking forward to these sections more than others in the re-read.

We should just call this the Berserk Book Club, shouldn't we?

Top Bottom