Why was he captured?

There is some interesting things in the start of the manga (vol1)... First u saw a powerful swordsman with a 7 foot long DS and multi-shot crossbow, killing the bandit at the inn, and nxt he was captured.

I may sound sarcastic, but base on the number of troop that stopped him, he -wat was once known as 100 man slayer- could have easily scott free (if not kill them all), Y was he still captured? Did he did it purposely?

roberto999 said:
maybe the crossbows aimed at him did count for something...

During the confrontation with Count, he was stopped by troops, and they were armed with crossbows, he block all the arrow with his DS... so i dun think crossbow was the main reason.

korkor

I could be a llama
Gutz said:
There is some interesting things in the start of the manga (vol1)... First u saw a powerful swordsman with a 7 foot long DS and multi-shot crossbow, killing the bandit at the inn, and nxt he was captured.

I may sound sarcastic, but base on the number of troop that stopped him, he -wat was once known as 100 man slayer- could have easily scott free (if not kill them all), Y was he still captured? Did he did it purposely?

he wanted to get to the snake dude and that was the easiest way

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Or Miura didnt really know how to draw Guts and what is his behaviour ... he took the idea from Hokuto no Ken for the prison, imho. But he must have later realized that Guts wasn't the being-captured kind (vol16-17 are exceptionnal, dont tell me bout that ^^ ).

T

temporary

Gutz said:

What happened was Gatsu needed to take a leak badly and wanted to use jizz inside the cell, etc. I think he got tired of pissing on dead bodies.

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
Someone mentioned the drawing of Guts then... Man if you take volume one and compare it to even volume 14 it's a lot different. Seems he was "tinyer" (however you spell it) to me. He is more bulky when he returns as the swordsman... IMO he's bigger in the eclipse than he is in volume 1

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
I really think it's one part convenence for Gatts to infiltrate the Snake Baron's lair and the second part Miura-Sensei developing the character that we all know and love.
If anyone has seen his original concept art of what the Blackswordsman was going to look like, it looks nothing like Gatts as we know it. He had an eye-patch and he was much more like a *skinny white guy* (excuse my lack of a better description). At least that's what I remember. It's been a while since I've seen it.
In terms of his different body size between the first manga and the the later mangas, I did notice while looking through my Berserk art book that Gatts has different body armor from his Bank of the Hawk days to the Post-Eclipse days. That may be a factor, but I could be completely wrong.

Top Bottom