Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

R

Resonance

Re: Berserk [Working Title] Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

Oh man, I am getting quite excited at the prospect of going through the Conviction arc :ubik: most notably the Lost Children chapter. Dueling Rosine and fighting off her minions/underlings will certainly be entertaining :serpico:

As more and more info surfaces for this game, I am getting insanely excited for this. And though they haven't released a US or non-Japanese street date, we could always import the game on 9/21 too since the PS4 is region free I believe! Play-Asia already has preorder links.

I do hope though, when they release the US or European version, they have the options for Japanese audio / English subs. Really curious about how they will incorporate all these different cut scenes. Can't wait for gameplay vids!!!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Squiddot said:

My thoughts exactly. This does not bode well on the faithfulness front.

Henry Spencer said:
So it's all the way up to Schierke? :schierke:

Okay, then it's going to be like 100 hours right? This is going to be very much a "best of" compilation adaptation, I just hope they do a better job of which events to put into the game as opposed to what the anime movies did (or shall I say, did not include). :carcus:

I think a lot of people here might not be familiar with what the Musou franchise is all about. Just to be very clear: they have not historically been quality games. The core concept is fine, but those are games that are by nature very repetitive, and they have been sloppily remade again and again and again until the point where the only way they can be sold anymore is through skins: Fist of the North Star, One Piece, Dragon Quest, Zelda... and now Berserk.

Apparently Hyrule Warriors was pretty neat, but remember this likely had Nintendo execs overlooking its development. Nothing guarantees the Berserk version will be as good. Due to the intricate story of Berserk they're pushing themselves to change the formula a bit and that could be good, but you guys should probably hold your expectations in check.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles

Dragon Quest Heroes was good too, apparently.
Maybe we can still hope, even without the money of Nintendo on it XD

Aazealh said:
My thoughts exactly. This does not bode well on the faithfulness front.

I think a lot of people here might not be familiar with what the Musou franchise is all about. Just to be very clear: they have not historically been quality games. The core concept is fine, but those are games that are by nature very repetitive, and they have been sloppily remade again and again and again until the point where the only way they can be sold anymore is through skins: Fist of the North Star, One Piece, Dragon Quest, Zelda... and now Berserk.

Apparently Hyrule Warriors was pretty neat, but remember this likely had Nintendo execs overlooking its development. Nothing guarantees the Berserk version will be as good. Due to the intricate story of Berserk they're pushing themselves to change the formula a bit and that could be good, but you guys should probably hold your expectations in check.

I appreciated the second Fist of the North Star and Dragon Quest: Heroes. Hyrule Warriors looked pretty good from the hour I spent on it.
Regarding this Berserk version... well, I'm clearly not expecting a masterpiece and I already know that it will be very repetitive since it's a Musou.
I also know they will take a LOT of liberty in term of faithfulness but it's been 12 years since the last Berserk game and so, I'm very glad to finally see a new one.

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.

I never played the ps2 game so I'm gonna get this one purely out of curiosity and because its Berserk.

R

Resonance

All of the Warriors games that have came out the past 2 years have all been relativley decent, none of them performing horribly. Most of the reviews mostly go on about the formula not changing throughout the years, which may not impact most users here due to not having prior experience with the Warriors series.

I'm fully expecting this to just be a fun hack and slash with some minor cut scenes between to stitch together a story. And honestly, I'm fine with that. I'm not expecting a Bioware quality game, just a fun combat game that allows me to fight armies from my favorite series. On that front I think it'll be a success.

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.

Uf... I'd argue with you on Bioware being used as stamp of quality.... then again, dragon age ( II and III ) and Mass Effect were never my thing. More of a Souls/Witcher fan.

But yeah, if the hack/slash is fun, that's all that we need really. And Hopefully they give us an apostle to play with, like Zodd.

Those morons thought that eroticizing rape would be a good idea for a trailer of a game they're making. I hope for the sake of the franchise that the game itself is good, but I won't exactly cry if Koei ends up with less money than it started with for that stunt alone.

It sounds like this is going to be one of those "junk food" games, games that have no substance so once the novelty of it wears off it's no longer enjoyable. With that said, I have enough sucker in me to buy it because Berserk. I hope it ends up pleasantly surprising us.

Skeleton said:
It sounds like this is going to be one of those "junk food" games, games that have no substance so once the novelty of it wears off it's no longer enjoyable. With that said, I have enough sucker in me to buy it because Berserk. I hope it ends up pleasantly surprising us.

As long as it's a good junk food game...

Squiddot

The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!

Famitsu published a bunch of screenshots. We've got some pictures of Schierke and a few arenas among other nice tidbits.

k2L8B1H.jpg

weyQUUd.jpg

yJDIISk.jpg

Ah yes, Casca as the token fanservice girl. Exactly like she was portrayed in the manga ... :schierke:

Could they really think of no better way to promote their game?

Saw this on reddit - http://www.play-asia.com/berserk-author-kentaro-miura-supervising-koei-s-berserk-game-aims-to-keep-the-ga/5f/747xd

Is Mr. Miura interested in the game adaptation of his creation?

Koinuma: Since we announced Koei will be working on a Berserk Warriors, Mr. Miura has sent us a New Years Postcard every single year haha. Mr. Miura is a man grounded in reality and he really wanted the Warriors feeling to remain, but with a Berserk flair, he's even supervised the creation of the game from the very start.

Is this real or is it another poor translation?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

N7Paladin said:
Is this real or is it another poor translation?

Take a guess. :slan:

Here's the relevant part: "Mr. Miura thinks the depiction of the world is very important, so even though it's a Musou title it should feel "real". So I've already been supervised by him in many ways."

Basically Miura gave the guy some pointers and feedback, but he didn't really "supervise" the game.

there is a good chance there will be a collector edition (gonna wait a bit before pre-ordering).

New trailer is up with gameplay footage! :ubik: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TPBx5Dq-Jk

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh

looks.. good actually! finally something good for berserk that isnt the manga.

Bunch of screenshots here: https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/berserk-musou/features.html

c45TAlN.jpg

Wasn't impressed with the trailer but the screenshots look nice.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

I think this is a preview of a Super attack:

http://i.imgur.com/4iPsmTQ.gifv

I think the colours are a bit muted honestly. I know Berserk is gritty and dirty and life in the trenches ain't pretty, but I hope the variety of destinations are a little more interesting to look at. But overall I like the look of what's to come.

Top Bottom