Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

I really hate it when games announce downloadable content for a game that's not even released yet, I mean what is stopping them from putting all these announced costumes into the game without a paywall? It just seems like a money grabbing scheme.

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
Because it is a money grab. It reminds me of Chaos Warriors DLC pack for Warhammer: Total War series. The response was so negative CA was forced to make the DLC free for the first week of the game's release. I dont endorse any of these micro-DLC's.

Then again, if its just costumes , I'll probably overlook it. If its game characters like Irvine, Grunbeld, Locus etc than I probably won't be happy. And many others included.

A list of things I would like to see personally is, unlockable characters like Grunbeld, Irvine, Locus, etc, unlockable artwork from the manga ( repainted for the game purpose ) scenery, character wallpapers, figurines and what not.

When I saw the DLCs prices for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam, I was like WTF -> about 600€ for custumes... http://store.steampowered.com/app/311730/ I hope they won't go for something like this :D

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
Give them time Nildin. We will get bloomers Schierke and swimsuit Schierke and... :rickert: .
I also shat a brick when i saw the ongoing DLC trash for DOA5 "Last" Round on the PSN (how much do the peepshow videos cost?), even a random Musou Waifu, but i can at least endorse the core gameplay. Can "our" game say the same? Now how about an apology to Metroid fans, eh Team Ninja, and where is NG4? (NG3 Razor´s Edge was a solid 7,5/10 btw.)
What i would give for a Souls, DMC, Ninja Gaiden or even Injustice / Total War clone, to explore a new genre for Berserk, instead.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
There's absolutely nothing appealing here. They need to step up these DLC skins if they want my money (but it's gonna have to be pretty good).

A tiny confirmation of Judeau in the roster.
577a78548efaf.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
For those who don't like the Musou genre, Bandai Namco has got you covered with a new character for Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization.

CmjKOPFVUAAKfss.jpg

It was revealed alongside a demo of their new game Tales of Berseria.

CmjIG07UEAICiTR.jpg

I wonder where they get all these ideas from! :azan:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
That's pretty great. I honestly didn't expect to play as any of the Falcons other than the big three. My only fear is that this confirms that they're spending a decent chunk of time in the Golden Age, when I feel like the biggest potential for this game is the later arcs (namely, apostles...).

My main problem with this is how awkward it'll be to lay waste to thousands of trolls with Judo.

Walter said:
I honestly didn't expect to play as any of the Falcons other than the big three.

I'm also very pleased but no so surprise because Musou games are also well known for their extensive roster.

Walter said:
My only fear is that this confirms that they're spending a decent chunk of time in the Golden Age, when I feel like the biggest potential for this game is the later arcs (namely, apostles...).

Unlike the later arcs, if we got different animated interpretations, we never got to played it. I think that's why i'm actually more excited to play through this chunk of the game.

I'm wondering if the content is gonna be available in a chronological order and so you have to complete a mission to unlock the next.

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
Come on Aaz, we all know who is the REAL Black Swordsman is :carcus:, he even got a game with that moniker. No seriously.
sao4-2.png

(I saw exactly 1 ep. of that anime and Tales of Zestiria was a mess, so Berseria can only improve.)

@Walter
Is the engine even set up for proper Apostle gameplay integration? My last try were 15. min with Fist of the North Star. Not ever Zelda brought me back, or any of the other anime properties i technically like.

D

Dragon Warrior

Guts and Griffith Golden age arc outfit. Zodd as boss fight
tumblr_o9wfpuH22h1rb48exo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o9wfpuH22h1rb48exo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o9wfpuH22h1rb48exo1_1280.jpg

Feeblecursedone

My main problem with this is how awkward it'll be to lay waste to thousands of trolls with Judo.

Same way Rickert was doing with the repeater crossbow, shoot em! Except Judo will be throwing his inexhaustible supply of throwing knives :isidro:

Meh, what does it matter. It's a game, creating a fun game is always more important than following a realistic scenario. I honestly hope we can unlock all characters who were major fighters and then use them in whatever stage later on.

Imagine fighting Silat as Boscogn, or vice versa lol. Or Zodd vs Grunbeld.

Feeblecursedone

Disagree. Judging by Guts he had a more difficult time with Boscogn and that's not just cause his sword broke. He said its much harder to fight Boscogn than 100 men. While fighting Silat he found him to be skilled, but more of a circus freak. Boscogn was also able to fight him on equal ground while Silas was getting dominated no matter which weapon he pulled. I wouldn't underestimate Boscogn if I were you.
It may end up in Silas' victory but no floor wiping is happening.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Feeblecursedone said:
Disagree. Judging by Guts he had a more difficult time with Boscogn
The Guts pre-"next time I will kill the next Zodd-like monsters i see" Training.

Feeblecursedone

I always secretely wanted to see Boscogn survive and become an ally to Midland in their fight against Kushan Empire. Too bad he had no purpose beyond that battle.

[ would beat both of them![/b]

But of course! :iva: Honestly I think you're right, its impossible to tell the winner when there's too many unknown variables. I just think based on what we saw of Boscogn's prowess no wiping floors would happen, but an extremely close battle.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nothingwillbewong said:
Is it established that he has a big power spike around that time?

Between the time he left the Falcons, trained for a year, then returned? Definitely.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Feeblecursedone said:
Disagree. Judging by Guts he had a more difficult time with Boscogn and that's not just cause his sword broke. He said its much harder to fight Boscogn than 100 men. While fighting Silat he found him to be skilled, but more of a circus freak.

Guts had trained very hard for over a year in between fighting Boscone and Silat. The Guts who fought Silat is the same one who fought Wyald and survived the Eclipse. Silat is also a much more versatile fighter. Boscone fought Guts on horseback and had him at a disadvantage when his sword broke, but that's about it. In an open ground, Silat would just dance around his attacks, just like he did when he faced Valancia.

Feeblecursedone said:
I wouldn't underestimate Boscogn if I were you.

Boscone is dead. Silat isn't. That's all there is to it.

Nothingwillbewong said:
Is it established that he has a big power spike around that time?

Yeah, during his fight with Wyald various Hawks comment on how unimaginably strong he had become. Still, the strongest man in the Tudor kingdom is a mighty reputation, and pre Eclipse Silat didn't win against a lot of powerful opponents, he beat an exhausted Casca and one large brute, Guts describes Boscogn has an opponent stronger than 100 men, and the second strongest human opponent he'd faced, but I didn't get the same impression from his fight with Silat, he seemed entirely in control.

DirectDK said:
:schnoz: would beat both of them!

But would he be able to beat them if they had an army of 100 Kundalini and 10 God Hands?

Top Bottom