Votes: 27 25.7%
  • Too damp for firewood!

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Oh, Tonio! He was a good man...

Votes: 15 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly guys, as just one anime season this looks like it has potential to show people the glory of Berserk as well as it can, in fact in a way that can get more people into the manga and perhaps even getting Kentaro to write chapters more often as a result! That's what I think of this.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
roseputter said:
Honestly guys, as just one anime season this looks like it has potential to show people the glory of Berserk as well as it can, in fact in a way that can get more people into the manga and perhaps even getting Kentaro to write chapters more often as a result! That's what I think of this.

Yes, let's hope this encourages Miura to make his episodes as rushed and slapdash as this. Definitely the end game for all this.

Griffith said:
Yes, let's hope this encourages Miura to make his episodes as rushed and slapdash as this. Definitely the end game for all this.
I simply mean that it'll make the series more popular, and that way people will eventually come to the manga and support the whole franchise and all, since it doesn't seem to be as famous as it should be these days.

roseputter said:
and perhaps even getting Kentaro to write chapters more often as a result! That's what I think of this

I'm genuinely surprised you didn't mention Miura's irregular schedule being due to Idolmaster in your review. I waited for it until the end.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
roseputter said:
I simply mean that it'll make the series more popular, and that way people will eventually come to the manga and support the whole franchise and all, since it doesn't seem to be as famous as it should be these days.

Berserk isn't less famous than it used to be. And the release schedule isn't affected by the franchise's popularity.
Anyway, we can certainly hope this new TV series will bring more people to the manga, but whether that happens in a large proportion or not remains to be seen.

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
@Eluvei That old hat is destined to be replaced by memes that he is now a Musou-Holic by the end of the year. Can´t wait...

And about Berserk´s popularity. Vol. 38: Est. Weekly Copies: 170,087 (during the 1st week) The whole manga is now around 40 million volumes sold.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-29/japanese-comic-ranking-june-20-26/.103776
The new show was even the 2nd most anticipated anime of the season according to this study:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/06/21-1/kadokawa-research-10-most-anticipated-tv-anime-of-summer-2016

Miura is lastly fast when compared to contemporary US and EU artists and Sakamoto, Shinichi (his writing can be a mess) is the only mangaka i can think of who is capable of Miura´s exceptional art quality while being faster.

Eluvei said:
I'm genuinely surprised you didn't mention Miura's irregular schedule being due to Idolmaster in your review. I waited for it until the end.
I know about that but he could become more interested in working on berserk instead still.
And sorry, I didn't know about that information with the manga actually being so popular.

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
residentgrigo said:
@Viral Harvest You have no idea how i feel about the OP and ED but all my neutrality was 100% murderer the moment that early in the game 90 sec. assault on my sanity was over. Here is the thing though. Both artists will get 2% of all revenues that will come form the whole anime. The ultra animu as hell songs weren´t even the main problem but i don´t even know man :magni: .
(This entire anime season is shaping up to be trash btw. The worst one in at least 3 years.)
This infamous OP is objectively and subjectively better that what we got: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYkDP5xDoO8

I feel like they definitely outsourced the OP and ED to animation interns at the bottom of their class. At this point I'm hoping I get more enjoyment out of the forthcoming Berserk games. I'll bank on that for now. Berserk-in-motion keeps cheating on me, forgetting my birthday, and not helping me take care of the kids but I'm still wearing this ring - somehow.

Darkman

Obey the one Law of Tooth & Claw
The Manga Monster has from what I can tell page for page book for book perfect adaptation as an anime in 2d not this bizzare CGI crap i think it went 74 episodes if I recall correctly and was well done for keeping to the source. So obviously it can be done and done sucessfully. Mangas are like screenplays, they are written to be brought to life. Its really sad this is what happens to berserk, we can all hope that when this anime is done we get somekind of OVAs like with Hellsing as the OVA ended up being much better than the 13 episode series. Perhaps the omittence of the two arcs will leave a demand for more animated material that covers the black swordsman arc and lost children. If there is any good news, the titles to come are straight from the manga and sounds like a logical sequence all beit quick :???:.

And for the poll, I will say too damp for firewood, what happened at the tree and the cgi that was so f'd up and the music was over the top at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom