Berserk 2016 Episode 2 Post-episode Group Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperator Hanseatic

Ultimately just a crippled neet who loves Berserk.
If anyone is interested, there will be a post-episode group chat hosted on Skype Discord. More info about Discord can be found at http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=15052.0
The episode is set to be available Friday at 9:30am CDT, with the chat at approximately 10:00am CDT, with people being free to join in once it starts.

I will be editing this post as relevant details come up.

P.S. This is not the official discussion thread for the episode. There will be an appropriate thread for that when the time comes.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Glad someone is taking the reins on this. I really doubt I can make it for this one, but I do plan on recording another "impressions" podcast either Friday night, or over the weekend.

One of you guys should try recording it using MP3 Skype Recorder. It's a program that "listens in" on Skype calls and spits out a file at the end. Not the greatest quality, and the program isn't super reliable (it's why our last attempt failed...) but when it works, it works. If you do use it, be sure to change the default recording quality to 44khz, since it defaults to 11 (wtf).

Imperator Hanseatic

Walter said:
One of you guys should try recording it using MP3 Skype Recorder. It's a program that "listens in" on Skype calls and spits out a file at the end. Not the greatest quality, and the program isn't super reliable (it's why our last attempt failed...) but when it works, it works. If you do use it, be sure to change the default recording quality to 44khz, since it defaults to 11 (wtf).
I've been testing it out and it worked fine until I changed the sample rate to 44khz as you suggested. Since then the files don't have any duration. I'm a total novice with this sort of thing so we might have to settle for a lower quality recording. The default 16khz (maybe we're using different versions?) works and my limited testing hasn't had any issues as far as being able to understand people.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Imperator Hanseatic said:
I've been testing it out and it worked fine until I changed the sample rate to 44khz as you suggested. Since then the files don't have any duration. I'm a total novice with this sort of thing so we might have to settle for a lower quality recording. The default 16khz (maybe we're using different versions?) works and my limited testing hasn't had any issues as far as being able to understand people.

I'll do it if I'm there.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Imperator Hanseatic said:

Got it. Well, don't spend too much time on it, but it might resolve itself if you restart the program.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Discord works a bit easier for me than Skype does at the moment, so I'm down. I'll also be available this time!

Imperator Hanseatic

Edited a link to that thread into the original post. Thanks to Walter for getting that set up. I'll leave it up to you guys to decide whether or not this thread should still exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom