Scorn

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
main.jpg

http://www.scorn-game.com/index.php/about

Info:

Scorn is an atmospheric first person horror adventure game set in a nightmarish universe of odd forms and somber tapestry. It is designed around an idea of "being thrown into the world". Isolated and lost inside this dream-like world you will explore different interconnected regions in a non-linear fashion. The unsettling environment is a character itself. Every location contains its own theme (story), puzzles and characters that are integral in creating a cohesive lived in world. Throughout the game you will open up new areas, acquire different skill sets, weapons, various items and try to comprehend the sights presented to you.

Gameplay features

-Cohesive “lived in” world - Scorn takes place in open-ended world with different interconnected regions. Each region is a maze like structure with various rooms and paths to discover. All the storytelling happens in-game, with no cut-scenes to distract you from the grisly reality of the living, breathing (throbbing, dripping) world you’re in. But keep your eyes open - the game won’t show you any sympathy if you miss something important on your uneasy travels. Everything has a reason and purpose - you just need to work out what it is.

-Full body awareness – player will experience better immersion being aware of the character’s body and movement. Interaction with the world is realistic - objects are picked up with your hands (instead of just floating in midair), machines and instruments are operated by grabbing the controls etc.

-No HUD - For a greater immersion into the world there is no HUD to assist the player. Everything is implied and indicated through environmental design.

-Inventory and ammo management - is defined and limited. It plays a big role in keeping the player in an even greater state of awareness throughout the whole game. Players will have to think about when to fight and when to take cover and how their actions affect the world around them. Different play styles will be needed to advance.

Teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEE4yZgphFk

The game to me reminds me of Inner Chains, bits of Doom, ExistenZ and with maybe a bit of amnesia's atmosphere there. I like the biomechanical approach to it. It feels quite creepy and the organic weapons are quite cool.

What do you think?

Does it take place in H. R. Giger's bar in Switzerland? Looks pretty cool I guess, but there's still not much to see.

Squiddot

The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
I can never have too much Giger/Beksinski art influence. It's a style that you don't see very often that really deserves to be used more often.

It looks like its going for the surreal nightmare atmosphere rather than straight up gory horror which is great! More horror needs to understand sometimes subtle is best. There's actually another game coming up called Agony and you can tell they wanted so bad to do what Scorn is doing, but they just didn't know when to quit, and...

agony8.jpg

agony-1.jpg

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
You guys should check Inner Chains when it comes to games like these. Im slightly worried about combat but the atmosphere, art design and ost is so epic.

Also dat agony screenshot lol. Slan would be proud :slan:

Top Bottom