Questions

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
I should probably post this in FAQ...but here it goes.

1. In the manga ( and I'm sure in the anime too) it shows that after Griffith was tortured and mutilated, he seems to have gained an interest in Caska. The manga shows his face and how upset/distraught he gets when he sees Caska wiping blood off Gut's face and when he sees her crying to see Guts is safe.

Why is it that he notices her NOW after he is all fucked up? Was it because he wanted her to take care of him and was afraid she'd go off with Guts, or because he sensed that she and Guts were 'together'?

My feeling was, he should have noticed her a long time ago, because if ya snooze, ya lose.

2. What was that thing 'vortex' that pulled the Count and Wyald down...was that a group of spirits that was sending them to hell?

So after reading the part about Wyald, it brings me to the Cenobites again too...in the Hellraiser II it is shown that the Cenobites were all human at once too, had given into their dark desires to the god in the box, Leviathan, and transform their bodies and powers.

LG

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
1. Griffith knew it was over. He couldn't fully recover from that degree of mutilation. He had lost everything. But, he knew that he still had Caska.

Theres a reason hope was in Pandora's Box.

2. Read the lost chapter.

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
1. I think he was jealous of Caska, because she seemed to be close to Gatsu. I think the one he was afraid of losing was him - not her.

2. See above.

korkor

I could be a llama
1. He saw it as Guttsu stealing Caska from him, just like he stole his dream from him.

2. ....*above* ;D

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
1.) IMO, I believe Griffith was somewhat bewildered and jealous that Guts had sort of usurped his place among the Band of the Hawks (esp. with Caska). More than that, Guts was achieving his "dream" while Griffith's "dream" was seemingly fading out. On top of that, Griffith's preoccupation with Guts was the reason or catalyst that led Griffith astray from his dream since Griffith would have never slept with Charlotte if he wasn't so despondent about losing Guts.

The Band of the Hawks especially Caska were a part of Griffith's dream. Although Griffith merely viewed them as "stepping stones" in achieving his goal, nevertheless, they were still part of his dream since they were so instrumental in helping Griffith achieve his position of power in Midland. As long as Caska and the Band of the Hawks remained solely devoted to him, Griffith's dream was still alive and remained achievable.

It was bad enough that Guts (the perceived reason for Griffith's downfall) turned out to be Griffith's rescuer, however, Caska falling in love with Guts was a final slap to the face for Griffith. I don't think Griffith really cared for Caska as an individual or woman per say, however, the implications that Caska - a representation of the Hawks' singular devotion to him - was turning away from him in favour of Guts indicated that Griffith's dream was truly over (in his mind).

2.) I haven't read the "lost chapter" yet, so I don't think I can really comment on what exactly that vortex is. From my limited Berserk knowledge, I think Lady Griffith's assessment of the vortex seems correct: an accumulation of all those dead souls who basically succumbed to the temptations of Godhand during their lifetime.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
I thought it was resentment and jealousy

There's that one horrible scene where Wyald is shaking Griffith like a 'broken toy' and then he says, " Hey guys, it's over, this guy can't fight anymore, he's totally broken." I guess most of the other soldiers didn't know how messed up he really was. It was just sad to see that he was going to be helpless for the rest of his life on earth, and that Caska, who probably was in love with him, was now taking care of him...in that bitter irony, she was 'with him.' But not the way either of them expected.

LG

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Lady Griffith said:
I should probably post this in FAQ...but here it goes.

1. In the manga ( and I'm sure in the anime too) it shows that after Griffith was tortured and mutilated, he seems to have gained an interest in Caska. The manga shows his face and how upset/distraught he gets when he sees Caska wiping blood off Gut's face and when he sees her crying to see Guts is safe.

Why is it that he notices her NOW after he is all fucked up? Was it because he wanted her to take care of him and was afraid she'd go off with Guts, or because he sensed that she and Guts were 'together'?

My feeling was, he should have noticed her a long time ago, because if ya snooze, ya lose.

I think he dident know how important caska was 2 him until he didnt have her. and then when he saw guts togeather with her, he might have became jelouse, Especialy if he was imprisioned all alone for a whole year. :-\

Top Bottom