Prime 1 launches a Berserk line

Prime 1 announced this today.

Its been a while, Black Swordman.

Prime 1 Studio is proud to present upcoming Battle Action Diorama for Berserk. This collection will be our brand new expansion for this franchises with dynamic pose with details diorama theme scene. We have multiple diorama in the work will share first look this year. Please stay tuned!

Zurth

ベルセルク
Dr.Legato said:
This is how Zodd is supposed to look like IMO.

I respect AoW, but that is objectively not how Zodd is supposed to look, where in the Manga did they find that enormous overbite and slanted nuzzle?! :schnoz:

7FOHoVE.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zurth said:
I respect AoW, but that is objectively not how Zodd is supposed to look, where in the Manga did they find that enormous overbite and slanted nuzzle?! :schnoz:

Yes, that one's likeness is objectively terrible. His teeth can't even fit in his mouth...

Zurth

ベルセルク
This was posted on P1's Facebook fan group, they've worked on engineering the Prime1studio store exclusive helmed portrait so that the visor will be able to be opened and closed. They have also reworked the face sculpt on the regular portrait, which everyone seems to agree is an improvement! :ubik:

DgPxcol.jpg

Some pics of my Guts statue by Prime1. Cannot believe how BIG it is. First shot you can see how it compares to a standard 1/10 AOW Guts:

More pics and also a video on my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BgpPNQlBGZa/

Overall, I'm very impressed. I don't like the 2nd and exclusive head (the big grin). My favorite is the original "neutral" expression. I think it looks most like Guts. The base is also not as cluttered when you see it in person. In pictures, it's a lot going on. But in person, the scale is so big you can really look through the base with ease and it's really something to be appreciated in that regard. I cannot wait for Zodd!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
That's pretty cool and ridiculously huge, the base is very impressive, especially the beast though it looks a little rodent-like, but it's odd having two Pucks on there so close together (maybe if the deformed one were sitting on the beast =). The weakest part is the head/face unfortunately, too tall/thin and looks more like someone playing Guts in a movie than like Guts himself, though the angled shot of the neutral face is pretty close.

I've been very temped to Get the P1 Black Swordsman statue. The only thing that has held me back is the fact that I wasn't happy with Guts face and whatever the thing with the horns is taking up so much space. I wish they could have used a main Apostle instead of the generic looking monster. Overall, the statue has it all, Puck, the Demon Fetus and the Beast of Darkness. Its hard to beat having so many elements in one statue. I wish I could own all of the P1 statues, but my wife would kill me. :magni:

Dr Majin said:
I've been very temped to Get the P1 Black Swordsman statue. The only thing that has held me back is the fact that I wasn't happy with Guts face and whatever the thing with the horns is taking up so much space. I wish they could have used a main Apostle instead of the generic looking monster. Overall, the statue has it all, Puck, the Demon Fetus and the Beast of Darkness. Its hard to beat having so many elements in one statue. I wish I could own all of the P1 statues, but my wife would kill me. :magni:

It was a wise decision to wait because they are launching a 1/6 action series anyways. First diorama will be the battle from the hill of swords. There is also the fact that Oniri creations are working on the scene from Volume 32 where Guts rides Zodd to beat Ganishka

Zurth

ベルセルク
P1 revealed a teaser pic for a upcoming Void statue, another God Hand piece! :void: :ubik: :slan: :femto: ...hey.. where's Conny?! :schnoz:

ezwZx6c.jpg

Holy cow DirectDK, did you make a custom backrop? That's pretty cool. How did you do it, and what kind of material is that?
I just have some lights :carcus:

tdzDZ5b.jpg

Griffith said:
That's pretty cool and ridiculously huge, the base is very impressive, especially the beast though it looks a little rodent-like, but it's odd having two Pucks on there so close together

Actually they give you the option to choose with Puck to have on there. But I wanted both, heheh. I love both pucks =)
And yes, I agree the face isn't perfect, but it's close! Prime1 definitely have their own "style" much like AOW have their own "style". Sometimes I wish companies would just use Miura's style, haha, but I have to say overall, I'm really pleased with this piece.

MustardDragon said:
Holy cow DirectDK, did you make a custom backrop? That's pretty cool. How did you do it, and what kind of material is that?

Wow, love your lights and picture too!!! Looks fantastic, and cool that you have him on display. I don't know what to do with mine right now lol.
And I bought a custom blanket for the backdrop. Hung it with some big clips on a photo backdrop stand and bought some cheap studio lights. Since I can't display it in my home just yet, at least I'll go all out on the pics =)

MustardDragon said:

tdzDZ5b.jpg

Is that an Ikea Pax cabinet? Size is right but I don't think they sell compatible glass doors.

It is the Ikea PAX. I did a lot of custom work to it. Put on a new back panel, reinforced the shelves and added 1/4 inch acrylic doors. It was fun, i would recommend this to anyone wanting to display Prime 1 statues. Here's just a couple of pics from the build.

Guts on the bottom, Griffith on top

xxozBlR.jpg

v8QWppg.jpg

18LpStw.jpg

MKeeAZH.jpg

Zurth

ベルセルク
There's been some new teasers the last few weeks! :carcus:

We've had a confirmation that Void and Conrad is coming (they might've only given Void 5 fingers but it's a bit hard to tell), and that they'll be a combo deal like Slan and Ubik:

gB2KH9s.jpg

And we've had the gigantic teaser of GRUNBELD(!!) :isidro: :

AIrhZdN.jpg

Femto is now up for pre-order on their website - https://www.prime1studio.com/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?p1s_formats=Ultimate+Premium+Masterline

Prime1's new reveals from WF2018S. (Btw the new Guts is 1/3rd scale... holy moly)

I'll continue to add more here: https://imgur.com/a/pG7Fxbo

WgrY1mP.jpg

1WrHo6R.jpg

1KMEJW4.jpg

kCEfPki.jpg

Prvc7vt.jpg

3CmE84S.jpg

5VJWf7m.jpg

M4kDcFV.jpg

hjaE0od.jpg

cCaOyel.jpg

ZPJaEw3.jpg

diP94ui.jpg

QebE5lL.jpg

3LMTrWY.jpg

FQbLDQQ.jpg

I can't get over how far out they announce statues. There are 12 on display but we've only gotten the first one.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Prime1's new reveals from WF2018S. (Btw the new Guts is 1/3rd scale... holy moly)

Thanks for posting these, Derek! They're all awesome and easily some of the best statues that have ever been produced for Berserk. It's especially refreshing to see such character diversity and likeness after years of infinitesimal variations and botched faces from AOW.

That being said I must agree with Maiku. At this point it's hard to know whether these are just prototypes or will eventually come to market (and if so, when).

Top Bottom