2017 Berserk TV Series (Season 2)

Titles for Episodes 22-24 have been revealed.

22.炎の旅立ち (Departure of Flame)
23.告げられし兆し(Proclaimed Omens)
24.人間の都市(City of Humans)

WTF they're making it to Vritannis?? I thought maybe they'd get as far as the beach and Skull Knight talking to Guts and Schierke.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Sareth said:
WTF they're making it to Vritannis?? I thought maybe they'd get as far as the beach and Skull Knight talking to Guts and Schierke.

I would not be surprised if what you are saying will happen in the "proclaimed omen" episode. They move so fast most of the times. Sadly :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sareth said:

Yeah, wow. It's quite a bit of progress for 12 episodes. 3/4 of the Millennium Falcon arc. It doesn't leave the season at a very logical ending point, either. When they arrive at Vritannis, they're just beginning to set up events for 2-3 volumes of action.

Walter said:
Yeah, wow. It's quite a bit of progress for 12 episodes. 3/4 of the Millennium Falcon arc. It doesn't leave the season at a very logical ending point, either. When they arrive at Vritannis, they're just beginning to set up events for 2-3 volumes of action.

The decision making behind this adaptation is so mysterious.

They're going to catch up with the Manga next season. They're racing towards a red light. At best they can go back and animate the Black Swordsman and Lost Children. Then what? Animate the Grunbeld novel?

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
The was no other realistic scenario for an ending point, so this back-season is just the PS2 game, but less pleasant. No sane person would finance a new episode order, as this would need to start a fresh production. Even pirates + sites as reddit barely care about the show anymore... This forum is also crawling along by now. The sign of danger right there.
I still suspect that 1-24 was a packaged deal, so get ready for some random OVA for the end, or nothing. Which i would vastly prefer, as i found ep. 6 to be borderline unwatchable (3/10). It and many upcoming ones are action focused, and these people are less then equipped for that. Goddam Beast Wars looked more majestic. The Vritannis visit is even more visually complex... "That team" Walter pointed out would pull it off, but we aren´t blessed with them. I truly wonder how they feel that their work is attached to this show.

PS: I somehow nearly stopped hearing this season´s clangs till ep. 6, as my attention is barely there at this point. Ep.6 though, holly shit :isidro: . CHANG came back, with a vengeance! I am perceiving it wrong or did the sound "engineer" go all in last time?

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
residentgrigo said:
Ep.6 though, holly shit :isidro: . CHANG came back, with a vengeance! I am perceiving it wrong or did the sound "engineer" go all in last time?

Well, like with the beast, you can't restrain it forever! :ganishka:

On another note, I also think this 24 ep was a one shot deal. But this just makes me wonder who's gonna do the rest. I'm pretty sure some of the major players want to animate all of it ( they didn't succeed well at this but still) so eho's next and how horrible will it be?

Unless the plan was a movie deal for the golden age and the rest in episode format..

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
I'm sure this comment will be quite a revelation, but compared with this new season of Berserk, playing at the same time as the new Attack on Titan season, it sickens me of what could have been with the story and animation of Miura's masterpiece.

Good thing I'm a masochist with this garbage and love grinding my teeth with each episode. :judo:

Menosgade

Not all those who wander are lost
DANGERDOOOOM said:
I'm sure this comment will be quite a revelation, but compared with this new season of Berserk, playing at the same time as the new Attack on Titan season, it sickens me of what could have been with the story and animation of Miura's masterpiece.

Good thing I'm a masochist with this garbage and love grinding my teeth with each episode. :judo:

We still have to wait to see them trash our beloved armour. Since they used it so much for propaganda, killing the adrenaline of that completely unexpected moment we meet the armour in the manga, it might just be a spectacular garbage.

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
I was streaming Berserk Musou (6/10 - a reasonable return on my 29€) from the PS4 to my Vita and put on the new ep. when i saw that it came out without dropping the handheld.
Grinding for a trophy held my attention more than the show! This is where i am now, my favorite arc reduced to this. No. 19 was thus mostly an audio drama for me. Which was the way to go this week,
as the director of this ep. butchered about every camera placement he could. In an action episode :rickert: ! Some of the magic bits were fine though and the acting of Schierke´s VA is quite something. I lastly let the OP and ED run for once and noticed that the vocals of the OP are really good! The rest though.... eh. 4/10

The preview incudes the iconic shot of Slan demasculated Guts. So the pacing is just sad at this point. My 2nd favorite scene (after the culmination of the Eclipse) turned to a pupet show farce on fast forward.

@jackson_hurley Hellsing Ultimate (2006-12) technically went though 3 animation studios but the ability to sell viable international rights and the cap of only 10 episodes made the producers push though till the end. The important factor, besides the reasonable market interest, was that the producers stayed the same. These switched quite a lot from the films to the 2016 show for Berserk though.
I also noticed that there is no "Berserk committee", or whatever, being credited / named anywhere. These usually form when someone wants to franchise out a property long form and in multiple mediums.
We got a 3 films, 2 seasons, 1 game, new toy lines, a guide book, a (light?) novel and even a pachinko machine since 2012. Hakusensha is certainly trying to raise the profile of Berserk, as the novel will target teens (if it is indeed a LN) and the pachinko demographic goes for folks over 50. That´s quite a net but the end result feels like watching a friend starting up prostitution :schnoz: .

No one seems to be ruining the asylum. We still got the manga BUT someone needs to put a foot down regarding quality control soon, or they will commission a dakimakura ("hug pillow") line if this goes on. But hey, One Piece got official mouse pads with breast and Eva even seized the lingerie market! Who knows...

I'm really surprised that so many of the villagers got 2D animations. There were at least 3 shots where each villager had a unique hand drawn face. Very unexpected, considering the track record of this group...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
On another note, I also think this 24 ep was a one shot deal. But this just makes me wonder who's gonna do the rest. I'm pretty sure some of the major players want to animate all of it ( they didn't succeed well at this but still) so eho's next and how horrible will it be?

No one will do it. Don't you get it? This was a one-off thing. No one's chomping at the bit to invest 25 million in a Berserk TV series, or we'd have a quality adaptation instead of this garbage.

DANGERDOOOOM said:
it sickens me of what could have been with the story and animation of Miura's masterpiece.

A feeling shared by all Berserk fans everywhere I'm sure. :sad:

One thing i always hate about these type of music videos is that the instruments they're playing don't always look like it matches with the music. Not that i would really know considering I've never played an instrument but still.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gamehowitzer said:
One thing i always hate about theses​ type of music videos is that the instruments they're playing don't always look like it matches with the music. Not that i would really know considering I've never played an instrument but still.

I think the phenomenon you're describing is known as "being on a set in a music video sequence."

Walter said:
I think the phenomenon you're describing is known as "being on a set in a music video sequence."
Yeah you got it. Point is i hate that the instruments don't sync to the music. Otherwise whats the point in them even playing the instruments in the video. It's just a stupid little thing that bothers me.

http://berserk-anime.com/products/bd/index.html
Release date and cover for Blu-Ray box set volumes 3 & 4

Vol.3
Release date: July 21
Episodes 13 - 18
1vcsMqM.jpg

Vol.4
Release date: September 21
episodes 19-24
k3NTwDg.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Too bad the show doesn't actually look like that for the most part. I don't really get the whole faux sketched texture effect, like it's highlighting this comes from a really well-illustrated series to the point that the art is a major draw... while they're making it look like crap on TV. Kind of a weird thing to highlight, but maybe that's just my interpretation.

Ecce-Homo.jpg

Come and get it!​

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Too bad the show doesn't actually look like that for the most part. I don't really get the whole faux sketched texture effect, like it's highlighting this comes from a really well-illustrated series to the point that the art is a major draw... while they're making it look like crap on TV. Kind of a weird thing to highlight, but maybe that's just my interpretation.

It's their standard "end of episode" still. They've been doing more hand-drawn stuff in this season, and for the nano-seconds that those cels are on-screen, it looks decent instead of completely embarrassing. The problem is it inevitably swaps back to the CG stuff, which is still just fucking awful.

The episode overall seemed okay I suppose. I hated that I literally couldn't tell what was on the screen for half this episode. I had my phones brightness all the way up too. And when guts was starting to kill the trolls the light flashing across the screen (his sword) I couldn't even tell it was his sword at first. Not until the troll bodies were flying and he came into the picture.
Let me rephrase that 1st sentence. The episode seemed okay story wise.

I liked this one. So far I think it's one of the best episodes this series offered us, alongside the one in Flora's mansion, wich was quieter and had some funny moments. The voice actress for Slan was pretty good

Top Bottom