Episode 347

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
That was my first thought too, but it's hard to tell.

Looks like a reference image, to me. Doesn't look like Miura's style.

Indeed I couldn't see that well the picture. Could be that for sure. Made me think of a dwarf mix with minotaur parts. Probably not a new thing..

jackson_hurley said:
Indeed I couldn't see that well the picture. Could be that for sure. Made me think of a dwarf mix with minotaur parts. Probably not a new thing..

I've brightened it up a bit, are you guys talking about the muscled guy with faun legs wearing a moose hat? http://i.imgur.com/caUrdOE.jpg

Aazealh said:
I'm not very confident that there will be an English release (it'd be great if there was, though). I advise anyone interested in this guide to buy it while they can. We don't know yet whether it will be reprinted after the first run.

I panicked after reading this and got mine, thanks!

jackson_hurley

Eluvei said:
I've brightened it up a bit, are you guys talking about the muscled guy with faun legs wearing a moose hat? http://i.imgur.com/caUrdOE.jpg

Yes I was talking about that guy. But got a bit enthusiastic. hehe

I'm very happy that I ordered this. I LOVE seeing the concept art and rotation sheets, this will be a great piece for my collection. Can't wait for someone to translate everything.

The Guidebook is looking great so far! I'm really glad I ordered one now. It'll be real nice when it gets translated too since it looks like there's a lot of info on the pages so far. I especially want to know what's written about Miura's workspace :guts:

It also looks like one of those pages shows a preview for ep 347 (or maybe 348 or something). Looks like Schierke and Farnese on some sort of battlefield with tattered flags everywhere. Flashbacks to Casca's days in the Falcons maybe? The anticipation is high right now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
volatilecurry said:
It also looks like one of those pages shows a preview for ep 347 (or maybe 348 or something). Looks like Schierke and Farnese on some sort of battlefield with tattered flags everywhere. Flashbacks to Casca's days in the Falcons maybe? The anticipation is high right now.

Yes, this has already been mentioned on the previous page of this thread.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
In the absence of the full episode to examine, I've been thinking about what little we've been shown. Initially I thought we were seeing 2 of 3 dreams: Schierke's and Farnese's, with Casca's still unseen, with the Sovereign holding them all together. But i think it's possible when we see Monkey Isidro, and the stone Mozgus, that it's Casca's perceptions of these things, with Schierke and Farnese able to explore her dreams thanks to the Sovereign. And we saw that it ends on a "dark" page, so they could be going deeper, beyond the "wacky" side of the Casca personality on the surface, to the true Casca that regressed.

jackson_hurley

Walter said:
In the absence of the full episode to examine, I've been thinking about what little we've been shown. Initially I thought we were seeing 2 of 3 dreams: Schierke's and Farnese's, with Casca's still unseen, with the Sovereign holding them all together. But i think it's possible when we see Monkey Isidro, and the stone Mozgus, that it's Casca's perceptions of these things. And we saw that it ends on a "dark" page, so they could be going deeper, beyond the "wacky" side of the Casca personality on the surface, to the true Casca that regressed.

Shit, I didn't think about that but I think you might be on to something here. After all they are going to try to heal Casca so it would make sense for them to be in her dream. Do you think that Schierke and Farnese will enter Casca's dream by means of the body of light? Or more likely that each of them falls asleep and somehow, with the intermediary of the Sovereign, are entering Casca's own dream state?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
Or more likely that each of them falls asleep and somehow, with the intermediary of the Sovereign, are entering Casca's own dream state?

We pretty much already know that this is what is happening. If it was just a matter of using a spiritual body to enter someone's mind, it would have been done ages ago. But it can't be done that way.

Wow, a lot to consider. The pacing felt strange to me. I guess I just didn't expect to begin the ceremony so soon.

If dreams exist on the astral plan, is there is a potential for harm to befall our witches? :/

The change of art to represent Casca's dreams, I found that effective.

The image from the guidebook must be from 348

Will reread after work!

Mammon

Mangoku army
Femto96 said:
Full episode is out!!!

That ending page :ubik:

Amazing episode, one of the funniest I recall (that whole Puck/Magnifico "arc" end had got me several times) and the art is amazing.
After more than a decade of Berserk, I can't believe it, it's happening...

Mozgus cameo was pretty neat, made me wonder if Miura tried to time this episode with the 2016 anime as a clin d’œil to manga fans; after all, we haven't seen or heard of Mozgus since he died, pretty random to find him right now. But it's Farnese dream, so why not?

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
One of the best episodes of Berserk. Emotions are so high right now. Casca's dream is such a perfect blend of scribbly cuteness and pure terror. The ending terrified me. I am scared of what's to come in Casca's dream.

This is it! Guts is about to achieve his goal.

And Casca! I have been waiting so long to see her speak again.

This in my opinion is one of the funniest episodes in a while, lots of hilarious moments like the meta stuff like Guts' memorable speech from conviction being used in Farneses dream; Danan evicerating Magnifico's nonsensical plans and scaring off Puck with the responsibility of ruling a kingdom, and revealing the worst punishment in Elfhelm to be community service.

Also Casca's dreamscape taking the form of kids drawings made one of the strangest pages in Berserk, I don't think Miura has ever messed with the art like that before, I'd like it if he went down this route of messing around with his established art style again though.

Regarding the ominous last page, it's obvious what it represents, but I wonder if the rift in the clouds is meant to convey the Beast of Darkness?

Wow, such emotions on the last pages. Art was beautiful, it seems they were hallucinated by spores. I can't wait for 2017. New drawing style for Casca dream is good, I think she see the world in dreams relativly more simple, because of lacks of sanity in her mind, probably something like children dreams.

MrFlibble said:
Regarding the ominous last page, it's obvious what it represents, but I wonder if the rift in the clouds is meant to convey the Beast of Darkness?

Yes, most definitely a combo of the eclipse and BoD.

MrFlibble said:

It kind of reminded me of that dream about the Falcon of Light.

jackson_hurley

It was weird seeing the Dragon Slayer floping like a towel. I'm already hyped for the next episode! I can't wait to see the translation here since their better of course.

Squiddot

The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
That was some impressive dream logic with Farnese, the way she was washing both the original group and the HICKs, that fact that the armour was Guts clothes and at the same time Guts himself and of course the wobbly dragon slayer (2016 teaser confirned canon).

Mixing up the style went a long way in establishing the dreamscape. Casca's was excellent but i also like the bounciness of Schierke's too. We already know things a going to get darker the deeper they dive into Casca's dreamscape but I wonder just how bad its going to get. And whether any actual danger is going to befall the other characters. When Schierke experienced the Eclipse through Guts she almost lost herself and i'm sure there'll be a similiar threat here.

Super exciting stuff on the horizon!

WHAT AN EPISODE!
I did not expect the Puck/Magnifico plot to continue after last episode but this was some funny shit :ganishka: Danan continues to be awesome!
The story is moving really fast, the corridor of dreams is in full swing, Farnese and Schierke's dream sequence was great and Casca's, on the surface level was perfect. that final page :carcus:

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
MrFlibble said:

Androyd said:
Yes, most definitely a combo of the eclipse and BoD.

You're looking into the last page too much. It's in no way the Beast of Darkness, since it only relates to Guts himself. The Beast of Darkness is used to symbolize Guts' revenge, deepest sorrows, and the immense hatred.

It has no purpose in Casca's dream whatsoever.

Great episode. Farnese's dream was hilarious and sweet. Everyone telling her she did a good job was a nice contrast to her first witch burning. Loved the callback to her trying to do the laundry and the Berserker helmet telling Mozgus to stop praying.

After all of the goofiness of the last few episodes it looks like the next episode could be one of the saddest and darkest. The anticipation might drive me crazy.

Top Bottom