Tidbits about the Gaeseric era.

Some interesting speculation about the first sacrifice and Gaeserics era in general

According to legend, Void was in Albion, or what is now Albion during the first Eclipse when he summoned "God", despite the fact that his victims in the capital city were many miles away, this is unusual since in all other instances, sacrifices and behirit wielders were always near one another when the beherit activates, if a gate were made to accommodate Void and his victims it must have been enormous, nation sized even, and what exactly did he summon if the is the first God Hand? did the IOE itself manifest?.

The sacrifice victims don't show any signs of death by apostles, most of them look like they died from the earthquakes, or falling debris, unlike other victims, the brands are not engraved on random parts of the body, all of them appear on the victims foreheads, could this mean the brands were administered differently then the other four times.

Was Gaeseric himself branded?, I know I might get flack for asking that, but it seems unlikely anyone but Guts could endure the physical stresses of being pursued endlessly by zombies, though the official history states Gaeseric died, it's likely that he did survive, since his body was destroyed by the armour approximately 700 years later. However Flora describes him as a fellow sufferer? does she mean that literally, or that both of them have had their lives destroyed by the God hand?

The flashback images from 1000 years ago show no examples of astral life, it is described as a warring age before Gaeseric enters the stage of history, but no astral monsters, despite Gedfring alluding to an ancient chaos, was the astral world originally intertwined with the physical world? and is this fact something that was omitted from known history?

Four or Five angels, I honestly don't know what to make of this one, if it were four original God Hand members it could fix the 250 year continuity error in Berserk, since the God Hand cycle lasts for 850 years and not 1000, (Void is born on year 0 not 250). It might be the Four kings of the world, as others have suggested, or it might be the antithesis of the god hand, a God Hand from heaven and not Hell, though that sounds ridiculous.

Dark Magic: I know this isn't what I thought up, but since the idea has been thrown around in the podcasts I'll mention it here, the idea that a darker form of blood magic existed in ancient times as well, the wicker man was described as forbidden magic, and the witches of Elfhelm don't look the type to entrap dead souls inside burning effigies. Void, seems the only character in Berserk that uses sacrificial blood magic (I know Daiba uses similar magic, but he is just trying to imitate an already existing and more advanced form of dark magic by creating his man made Beherit) , his appearance implies it too, his black robe is fitting for a dark wizard, and he is referred to as a Sage by Mozgus, since in known history has a Holy See bias, and Void in this legend is characterized as the hero that summoned God to punish the hedonistic Gaeseric, it's obvious that if he were a dark warlock history would ommit that fact.

Top Bottom