Episode 348

Yeah, I really liked flipping through the book with episodes from volume 16, can't wait for the other ones to come in.

Guts vs Zodd at the hill of swords SO GOOD :judo:

I'm sure my family is going to be pretty suspicious about why I've suddenly started collecting magazines with half-naked Japanese girls on the cover...
:schnoz: "I can explain"

Kaladin said:
:schnoz: "I can explain"

"See, it looks like some pervy magazine... and it kinda is... but it publishes this really cool comic I like... you probably shouldn't look at it though..." :farnese:

Edit: YAAAAS the new Young Animal just arrived :ubik:

What hitted me the most about this episode is how Casca is depicted inside her own dream. A broken clay doll, lifeless, inanimate, her eyes are empty and her mouth is devoid of expression, the whole figure and her inanimateness features are almost... scary, and it makes me shudder a little to think that this was Casca once. And on top of that there's the fact that this is basically her own view of herself, which makes it all the more sad.

And now i'm thinking, Danan mentioned that in order to bring her back to sanity Schierke and Farnese must find a resolution to her buried memories, but what resolution precisely? We know it was her tragic experience at the Eclipse that made her mind regress, but i mean what emotion exactly has broken Casca to that state and is now preventing her to regaining sanity by herself? In that should lie the key to the resoultion Danan talked about.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sancho said:
And now i'm thinking, Danan mentioned that in order to bring her back to sanity Schierke and Farnese must find a resolution to her buried memories, but what resolution precisely? We know it was her tragic experience at the Eclipse that made her mind regress, but i mean what emotion exactly has broken Casca to that state and is now preventing her to regaining sanity by herself? In that should lie the key to the resoultion Danan talked about.

I've commented about this a bunch of times before, but my hunch is that misplaced shame and guilt are a key part of it.

Aazealh said:
I've commented about this a bunch of times before, but my hunch is that misplaced shame and guilt are a key part of it.

That seems a pretty nice idea. I remember you mentioning it in one of the podcasts, and the more i think about it the more i can see it turn out like this. In that case Farnese and Schierke will have to gradually bring Casca's true self to face Guts (inside the dream) again in order to finally make her face reality. Man, i can't wait to see a sane Casca react to Guts and her new friends, especially Farnese.

Such a nice episode. I mean, it really was nice, because different. Symbolism is important in this manga here and there, but with last episodes it's nice to see Casca inner-self represented in such weird and yet awesome way. Miura rarely disappoints me in his works.

Top Bottom