Hello, everyone!

You can just call me Loach if you want. I'm fairly new to Berserk- I've been into it for just a little over a month. I started reading the manga out of curiosity (in the past I'd seen or read some stuff here and there but other than that I had no real knowledge of the series) only to find myself completely head-over-heels for the characters, narrative, and artwork. Not to be corny but in this short time I've already become quite emotionally invested in the series, haha. I haven't watched any of the adaptations (but I definitely plan on doing so!) and I'm really eager to see where the series goes and how it concludes.

Anyway, I heard that Skullknight.net was a really cool Berserk community and I thought, "Hey, why not? I'll go check it out!" and here I am.

Nice to meet you all! :serpico:

(P.S. the emoticons are friggin' adorable.)

Hi Loach!

I had a clown loach a while back. His name was Loafy because he liked to loaf around on the bottom of the tank a lot. He must have been busy some of the time, though, because he definitely took care of an overpopulation of snails in the tank. He was a cool fish! :guts:

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Aazealh said:
Hello and welcome! :serpico:

Thank you! <3

JMP said:
Hi Loach!

I had a clown loach a while back. His name was Loafy because he liked to loaf around on the bottom of the tank a lot. He must have been busy some of the time, though, because he definitely took care of an overpopulation of snails in the tank. He was a cool fish! :guts:

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Thanks! And that's cool, clown loaches are super cute! I used to have kuhli loaches myself!

LoachFish said:
I used to have kuhli loaches myself!
Neat, I wasn't familiar with those, so I looked up some pics. They're cool looking! If I hadn't known better I might have thought they were a type of eel.

Welcome Loach! Congrats on discovering this amazing series. Get cozy for the long haul. It has one of the best stories and some of the most creative art out there.

SK.net is a great community and has some of the most diehard Berserk fans you'll see, people that really dig into it. There's an amazing podcast here, and the mods have discussed and analyzed the series for over 15 years. Be liberal with the search feature, and feel free to ask plenty of questions. Also, beware scanlations, as there are many mistranslations out there that lead to confusion. The site has great translations, and Dark Horse is generally accepted to have pretty accurate translations as well.

JMP said:
Neat, I wasn't familiar with those, so I looked up some pics. They're cool looking! If I hadn't known better I might have thought they were a type of eel.

They're like stripey little noodles! :D

ApostleBob said:
Welcome Loach! Congrats on discovering this amazing series. Get cozy for the long haul. It has one of the best stories and some of the most creative art out there.

SK.net is a great community and has some of the most diehard Berserk fans you'll see, people that really dig into it. There's an amazing podcast here, and the mods have discussed and analyzed the series for over 15 years. Be liberal with the search feature, and feel free to ask plenty of questions. Also, beware scanlations, as there are many mistranslations out there that lead to confusion. The site has great translations, and Dark Horse is generally accepted to have pretty accurate translations as well.

Thank you! :serpico: I haven't checked out the podcast yet but I definitely will, that sounds really cool! And thank you for the warning, too! I actually didn't know you guys had translations here, that's really neat. Like were they translated by the members and everything?

LoachFish said:
They're like stripey little noodles! :D

Thank you! :serpico: I haven't checked out the podcast yet but I definitely will, that sounds really cool! And thank you for the warning, too! I actually didn't know you guys had translations here, that's really neat. Like were they translated by the members and everything?

Indeed, from my understanding user Puella provides professional quality translations for sk.net- big thanks to her!
Her translations can be found here:
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?board=36.0

Welcome, welcome ~

Always love seeing new fans. It's fun to see them get involved and their reactions to the story ~

Hope you continue to enjoy the series and it's definitely a great time in the story to jump in (though it always has been!).

:femto:Hello everyone as well! New to SkullKnight, Very stoked that there is a forum for Berserk Fans. Just a little about my Berserk Journey. My brother had a guts Figure back in 2000 It really got my attention from the giant sword he had also being a huge toy collector. I asked him what the character was from and told me Berserk, so the seed was planted. fast forward to the summer of 2016 I was trying to find something to watch on netflix and came across the Berserk Movie Egg Of The King, I was in the mood to watch some anime and thought it would be nice to finally see about this Guts guy and his huge sword. When I finished Little did I know just how much Berserk would Effect my life. I thought it was really great so I keep going. When I finished I was hooked. I started going on youtube to find more berserk and came across the anime from 1997 When I finished that I was In love. As I toy collector I had to have the these characters in toy form. I Went on ebay and bought a lot of them. when I got them I didn't realize they where mini figures (Which Actually I liked more). now this opened my eyes To Art Of War and there statues because they didn't have Void Slan Or Ubik in the mini figures. I felt they really needed to make them to really have the mini figure collection solid. so I found the God Hand Stautes on ebay. now this opened another Door BERSERK STATUES!!! At this point I still Couldn't get enough, I figured it was time to get into the Manga, I had never read any Manga Before, I was really excited to find out about all the Parts that where left out of the Anime. My manga collection I have Vol 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,23,29,31,32,33,34,37 I don't buy in order cause I pick them up when I find them. So that's about it In short I'm a Berserk Nut. thanks for reading!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Tiygas, welcome. Are you posting from Emacs or something? :ganishka:
You might want to consider properly formatting your posts to enhance their readability. :slan:

Top Bottom