Community > Podcast

Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 90

(1/6) > >>

Walter:

Episode 90: Berserk Mythbusters (1h 46m)

Walter and Aazealh are joined by a special, brainy guest to answer some of the most-asked questions about Berserk. Is there really a difference between fate and causality? Maybe apostles aren't so bad? What's an idolm@ster, anyway? Listen along as we decapitate every misconception in existence.

Timestamps for all questions:
00:02:40 - 1. What's the difference between Fate and Causality in Berserk?
00:07:55 - 2. Why doesn't Guts just use the beherit to get more power and defeat Griffith?
00:11:30 - 3. Did Griffith even have a choice at the Eclipse? Is there "free will" in Berserk?
00:15:13 - 4. Griffith's sacrifice is incomplete because Guts and Casca are still alive.
00:17:05 - 5. If Griffith is the Falcon of Light does that make Guts the Falcon of Darkness?
00:22:15 - 6. Why were they on the boat for so long?
00:27:49 - 7. The Dragonslayer must have gotten a big upgrade from killing the sea god.
00:30:05 - 8. What happened during the Incarnation Ceremony?
00:37:13 - 9. Who is the "moonlight  boy?"
00:44:43 - 10. What is "evil" and "evil" power in Berserk?
00:48:18 - 11. What are the apostles, and how are they made?
00:51:19 - 12. What happened on top of Ganishka anyway, and why did it result in the world changing?
01:01:55 - 13. What is the Beast of Darkness?
01:05:52 - 14. What's the relationship between the Beast and the Berserk's Armor?
01:09:19 - 15. Beherits require blood to use.
01:10:52 - 16. Is the Idea of Evil real? Is it considered canon?
01:13:17 - 17. Casca enjoyed being raped / Casca was already raped by apostles.
01:19:04 - 18. Misconceptions about Kentarou Miura
01:33:20 - 19. Why are astral wounds different from physical wounds?
01:37:20 - 20. Elves only encompass winged beings like Puck and Ivalera.
01:40:25 - 21. The Black Swordsman Arc spoils the Golden Age Arc.

===========================================
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or by plugging this address
into your favorite podcast app: http://skullknight.net/podcast/rss.xml
===========================================

Aazealh:
Hope you guys enjoy it! :SK:

Patrick:
This sounds really interesting. Thanks Walter and Az!

buttonmasher:
Awesome stuff, thanks for taking the time to do this episode.  I've been guilty of a few of these misconceptions and these straight forward answers are going to increase the understanding and appreciation of the story for a lot of people.  It's great to hear these board discussions come to life.  It's clear you guys put a lot of work into this!

As I was listening I remembered something that has bothered me for a long time so let me add my own dumb question to the list!  What sort of being is the demon child?  I always imagined the demon child as a spirit that can appear in the corporeal world when near the brands.  It must be true that the child actually possesses a physical aspect since Femto steals it, but where is this body 99% of the time when the child isn't appearing to Guts or Casca to intervene?  Furthermore, was the demon child chosen for the incarnation precisely because it possess a strange hybrid form?  If the child hadn't appeared at the tower then would Femto have been incarnated into some random peasant?  Seems risky (and it does backfire) to use such an unique creature for incarnation if any ordinary flesh will suffice.

Aazealh:

--- Quote from: buttonmasher on September 03, 2017, 03:28:44 PM ---What sort of being is the demon child?  I always imagined the demon child as a spirit that can appear in the corporeal world when near the brands.  It must be true that the child actually possesses a physical aspect since Femto steals it, but where is this body 99% of the time when the child isn't appearing to Guts or Casca to intervene?
--- End quote ---

He is a human being who has been corrupted by evil power while he was a mere embryo. That resulted in a misshapen body and a birth-through-miscarriage that he survived because of his supernatural abilities. He does have a corporeal body, but the corruption is such that he can't stay materialized during daylight. Like common specters, he has to hide in the shadows. Otherwise he's invisible to the corporeal world, only present in the astral world. Like his parents, he resides in the Interstice between the two worlds, but while they're only "ankle-deep" in the astral world, he's "neck-deep" in it.

--- Quote from: buttonmasher on September 03, 2017, 03:28:44 PM ---Furthermore, was the demon child chosen for the incarnation precisely because it possess a strange hybrid form?
--- End quote ---

Not as far as we know. The Beherit Apostle chances upon him as he lays dying and swallows him so they can "die together". Of course, we're not privy to the machinations of the Idea of Evil, but considering the side effects this has engendered, it's not unthinkable that this was not how things were supposed to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version