Berserk > Berserk Miscellaneous

Dark Horse Releasing Berserk Guidebook

(1/15) > >>

Sareth:
https://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2590/kentaro-miuras-epic-tale-gains-official-guidebook

jackson_hurley:
Well I'm glad I'll be able to read that in English! Thanx for the heads up Sareth!  :guts:

Walter:
Good on DH for releasing supplementary materials like this. I wonder why they never did the same for the Illustrations Guide? I guess it helps that the printing format of the guidebook is the same as the manga, whereas artbooks are a different beast entirely...

Either way, this means we'll get an official translation of the huge Miura interview, which is awesome. Having the rest of the guidebook translated, well, it's kind of hard to get excited for it, since I already own the Japanese one.

jackson_hurley:

--- Quote from: Walter on October 17, 2017, 03:59:04 PM ---Good on DH for releasing supplementary materials like this. I wonder why they never did the same for the Illustrations Guide? I guess it helps that the printing format of the guidebook is the same as the manga, whereas artbooks are a different beast entirely...

Either way, this means we'll get an official translation of the huge Miura interview, which is awesome. Having the rest of the guidebook translated, well, it's kind of hard to get excited for it, since I already own the Japanese one.

--- End quote ---

Indeed, I have been wondering why they never bothered to make an English version of the artbook(s) (can't renenber if their is more then one for I have only one in french). Maybe they don't have the rights to make them?

As for the rest of the guidebook, I'm happy about it because I've refrain from buying the Japanese version because I cannot read it. I know some of the info seems to come from out of nowhere (ages and stuff like that. Correct me if I'm wrong though).

It'll be a nice addition to my collection.

One question though, are the romanized names in the book considered the real spelling for the characters? I know it has been discussed in the guide book thread at some point but not sure at 100% about it.

Kaladin:

--- Quote from: jackson_hurley on October 17, 2017, 04:14:12 PM ---Indeed, I have been wondering why they never bothered to make an English version of the artbook(s) (can't renenber if their is more then one for I have only one in french). Maybe they don't have the rights to make them?

--- End quote ---

It's probably not a rights issue, it's expensive to produce and they probably didn't think there was enough demand. DH won't take risks like that, the french manga market seems much larger than the north american market in general, they have a lot more series localized than we do here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version