Berserk 2016 English dub home release January 16, 2018

For anyone that actually cares

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/10/17/funimation-schedules-berserk-kabaneri-ace-attorney-and-more-for-january-home-video-releases

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
With his monstrous blade, Dragonslayer, he and a band of unlikely allies will face danger unlike any they’ve ever experienced before. The answers he seeks lie shrouded in the night.

What are those answers, exactly...?

Grail

Feel the funk blast
I gotta be 100% with you guys, I don't know how you could bear to watch the damn show again, with or without the old voice actors. The only benefit of having those people reprise the voices would be for the possibility of having Griffith singing blooper showtunes in a newly incarnated CGI body. :griffnotevil:

Grail said:
I gotta be 100% with you guys, I don't know how you could bear to watch the damn show again, with or without the old voice actors. The only benefit of having those people reprise the voices would be for the possibility of having Griffith singing blooper showtunes in a newly incarnated CGI body. :griffnotevil:

You just cited the only benefit I need xD

It would have been nice for the Redux project for consistency. That said, the new actors aren't that dissimilar except for Griffith, who sounds like an american chain smoker.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
The only benefit of having those people reprise the voices would be for the possibility of having Griffith singing blooper showtunes in a newly incarnated CGI body. :griffnotevil:

Never understood some people's attachment to these terrible performances.

Aazealh said:
Never understood some people's attachment to these terrible performances.

I personally think the performances are perfect--though it's probably a 50/50 split of truly good performances and hilarious early 2000s anime dub acting. Though even that complements Berserk's balance of compelling drama and tongue-in-cheek humor.

Top Bottom