Favorite Volume Cover (Poll Results)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I recently conducted a poll on the Berserk subreddit (larger sample size: 370 votes) to gauge current popular opinions on the series' covers, but the results were ... not surprising at all :ganishka:

Here's the top 5, and you can see the full results here: https://strawpoll.com/p3sbedwk

5.​
4.​
3.​
2.​
1.​
vol39-small.jpg
volume34_small.jpg
27.jpg
13.jpg
28.jpg

My pick, Vol 17, didn't even make the top 20 :judo:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Cool stuff, thanks for sharing, Walter! A worthy top 5 (even if my personal fave, Volume 18, didn't make the top 10! :sad: ).

I'm glad that Volume 39 is getting some love! I have to say that I'm surprised that 13 got such a high spot. While it's a pretty iconic cover, it doesn't exactly bring up good memories. Plus, Dark Horse slapped a sticker on the front of mine that I'm still too scared to scrape off! :magni:

I wonder what a poll like this would look like for Japanese-speaking fans. It's always interesting to see what stands out to different cultures.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
Plus, Dark Horse slapped a sticker on the front of mine that I'm still too scared to scrape off! :magni:

Admittedly, if there were ever going to be a parental advisory for the content in one of the volumes, that'd be the one...! :schnoz:

Walter said:
Admittedly, if there were ever going to be a parental advisory for the content in one of the volumes, that'd be the one...! :schnoz:

I've always been fairly amused that they put the sticker over Casca's naked body, but left the bloody stump of Guts' left arm out in plain view.

Sorry Volume 17 didn't get up there in any case. I would have voted for it, but...well, it's kind of in third place behind Volumes 12 and 28 for me.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Yeah, volume 17 is also one of my favorite if not my ultimate favorite so far. Oh well... I'm glad to see my second best. The top 5 though which is vol 34.

Did we ever do a survey like that in skullknight?

Cyrus Jong said:
I've always been fairly amused that they put the sticker over Casca's naked body, but left the bloody stump of Guts' left arm out in plain view.
Reminds me of a situation when I was buying a video game for a younger relative. I wanted to get his parent's approval, so I checked with his dad. He was fine with some violent stuff as long as there weren't any scantily clad chicks to be seen. :ganishka: It seems to be a strange thing in US culture anyway, not sure if it's elsewhere, too.

I really like the newest volume cover for 39! :ubik:

Top Bottom