Berserk > Speculation Nation

What kind of ENDING you hope you will NOT see?

(1/5) > >>

Enturax:
I hope I won't see:
- a cliche'd happy ending where each character survives and gets back to their old, improved, but still old - lives (just kill Isidro already, pls!);

-the "God Hand" getting stopped in a short fight that won't conclude anything regarding them besides making them disapear for a few years that the Manga won't cover anymore, anyway;

-the skull knight sacrificing himself (that'd be too obvious) and not even revealing his face;

-generic revenge on Griffith; it'd be very lame not to see a complex conversation between him and Guts beforehand which'd show new cards to the table, it'd completely ruin all the expanded personalities of the characters that were developed through the 1st volumes (in fact: I'd not be mad if Griffith'd survive after all -  :griffnotevil: - maybe he isn't a good guy, but he isn't evil either, just lost as a human being which resulted in being selfish - that's how I see it);

-too much slapstick humor: one of the reasons why I loved Berserk was because it always tried to give a serious feeling and vibes of the western works (which Miura admitted himself, he tried to copy), not the typical Anime comedy crap that is in the current arc and has been growing since the introduction of Isidro... (Puck always felt more subtle/natural to me... and actually funny, not cringe-worthy and forced like Isidro);

-not freeing Guts from Hell that he's supposed to enter when he dies (mentioned in 3rd or 4th volume), or, more like: mentioning it at all cuz I feel like everyone forgot about it, Miura including... (or maybe I don't remember something?  :schnoz:)

Do you agree with me? And even if so, please, try to think of something for yourself and type it down :)

I really hope Miura won't listen to the editors because they'd probably suggest him to end it the way majority of the fans would like to (which means: boring, cliche'd and too positively).

Walter:

--- Quote from: Enturax on December 14, 2017, 02:47:04 PM ---I hope I won't see:
- a cliche'd happy ending where each character survives and gets back to their old, improved, but still old - lives (just kill Isidro already, pls!);
--- End quote ---

Little chance of that. But I also don't expect Miura to just throw characters in the fire arbitrarily to meet some death-quota some fans seem to have.

--- Quote ----the "God Hand" getting stopped in a short fight that won't conclude anything regarding them besides making them disapear for a few years that the Manga won't cover anymore, anyway;
--- End quote ---

What...?

--- Quote ----the skull knight sacrificing himself (that'd be too obvious) and not even revealing his face;
--- End quote ---

My man, Skull Knight is a hollow set of armor. He does not have a "face."

--- Quote ----generic revenge on Griffith; it'd be very lame not to see a complex conversation between him and Guts beforehand which'd show new cards to the table, it'd completely ruin all the expanded personalities of the characters that were developed through the 1st volumes
--- End quote ---

A complex conversation, like a BioWare game? Branching dialogue options?

:guts: : "Alright Griffy, it's showtime. But before that, I've got just 15 questions!"
 :griffnotevil: "Do as you will!"

--- Quote ---I'd not be mad if Griffith'd survive after all -  :griffnotevil: - maybe he isn't a good guy, but he isn't evil either, just lost as a human being which resulted in being selfish - that's how I see it);
--- End quote ---

Griffith is evil. He "embraced evil" to become a member of the God Hand, beings powered by "evil power" who serve "The Idea of Evil" and rule over apostles by imbuing them with "evil power." Not even mentioning his rape of Casca, I'm not sure how you can circumnavigate all of that and conclude that he's not evil. Was it his love of cake and tea that convinced you otherwise?

--- Quote ----too much slapstick humor: one of the reasons why I loved Berserk was because it always tried to give a serious feeling and vibes of the western works (which Miura admitted himself, he tried to copy), not the typical Anime comedy crap that is in the current arc and has been growing since the introduction of Isidro... (Puck always felt more subtle/natural to me... and actually funny, not cringe-worthy and forced like Isidro);
--- End quote ---

Comedy has been a part of the series since its very first release. And you can fuck right off for calling the current portion of the story "typical anime comedy crap."

--- Quote ----not freeing Guts from Hell that he's supposed to enter when he dies (mentioned in 3rd or 4th volume), or, more like: mentioning it at all cuz I feel like everyone forgot about it, Miura including... (or maybe I don't remember something?  :schnoz:)
--- End quote ---

Why would anyone forget that?

--- Quote ---PS: I heard that there's an interview with Miura where he states that the ending will not be negative; is it true? Can you link it to me?

--- End quote ---

https://mangabrog.wordpress.com/2015/12/14/berserk-artist-kentaro-miura-interview-i-actually-dont-think-i-could-let-such-a-long-grim-story-end-with-a-grim-ending/

Enturax:

--- Quote from: Walter on December 14, 2017, 03:16:16 PM ---
What...?
--- End quote ---
I meant a typical situation where a too OP being(s) get shoo'd away rather than actually get destroyed because they're either way too OP or too important for the plot/Manga's world which needs them to exist.

--- Quote ---My man, Skull Knight is a hollow set of armor. He does not have a "face."
--- End quote ---
We'll see :P (unless I don't remember something, which is possible :v)

--- Quote ---A complex conversation, like a BioWare game? Branching dialogue options?

:guts: : "Alright Griffy, it's showtime. But before that, I've got just 15 questions!"
 :griffnotevil: "Do as you will!"

--- End quote ---

Ok, don't tell me you don't wanna know what's been in Guts and, especially, Griffith's mind during this whole time?

--- Quote ---Griffith is evil. He "embraced evil" to become a member of the God Hand, beings powered by "evil power" who serve "The Idea of Evil" and rule over apostles by imbuing them with "evil power." Not even mentioning his rape of Casca, I'm not sure how you can circumnavigate all of that and conclude that he's not evil. Was it his love of cake and tea that convinced you otherwise?
--- End quote ---

What you're talking about is his "Femto" form, which, indeed, was evil as, just like you said it, was meant to be evil because he has become a freaking demon.
When it comes to the "normal" Griffith; many people, and possibly even you, seem to not realize how much Griffith's mind has been f'd up (he literally wanted to kill himeslf) due to tortures and the fact he has lost so much in such a short time. He was always a winner, y'know, so when he finally lost (BIG TIME), he naturally broke down. The worst 2 things that completely broken him, were:

-seeing Guts as the clear "winner" here (he said his friend is his rival and they compete against each other by getting closer to their dreams, and Guts was definitely closer to his own dream than Griffith to his, at the moment)

-being crippled and humiliated by the king himself; he could NEVER again go and try to achieve his dream with that body and reputation

Also, the current, resurrected Griffith said that he doesn't even feel anything anymore, even next to Guts. That's what he said, at least.

--- Quote ---Comedy has been a part of the series since its very first release. And you can fuck right off for calling the current portion of the story "typical anime comedy crap."

--- End quote ---
Get out if you believe half of the main characters who constantly joke around and make "funny faces" was what Berserk was from the beginning. Berserk has become a cliche'd shonen when we look at it from that perspective, yes.

--- Quote ---Why would anyone forget that?
--- End quote ---
Why wouldn't they? It has happened so much long time ago!

--- Quote ---https://mangabrog.wordpress.com/2015/12/14/berserk-artist-kentaro-miura-interview-i-actually-dont-think-i-could-let-such-a-long-grim-story-end-with-a-grim-ending/

--- End quote ---
Thanks, but I've found the exact same link before you've replied ;P

jackson_hurley:

--- Quote from: Enturax on December 14, 2017, 04:23:42 PM ---resurrected Griffith

--- End quote ---

Though the Griffith we have now in the story is not a resurrected Griffith, it's Femto (a spiritual body) incarnated in a body of flesh. Which makes him still evil as fuck as when he did not have a physical body. Nothing changed about that. He's just playing a nice role of "I'm being nice event though I've anticipated/pre-planned it all and nobody knows..."

Walter:

--- Quote from: Enturax on December 14, 2017, 04:23:42 PM ---I meant a typical situation where a too OP being(s) get shoo'd away rather than actually get destroyed because they're either way too OP or too important for the plot/Manga's world which needs them to exist.
--- End quote ---

That already happened with Slan in the Qliphoth. Or do you mean the hypothetical FINAL BATTLE with the God Hand? Because if it's the latter, well, I guess we can chalk this one up to "things that were never going to happen but you are dreading anyway."

--- Quote ---We'll see :P (unless I don't remember something, which is possible :v)
--- End quote ---

What you're forgetting, or didn't realize, is that when SK swallowed the beherit in v16, it made a "ka-rang" sound effect, which is a Japanese onomatopeia denoting a hollow, metallic sound.

--- Quote ---Ok, don't tell me you don't wanna know what's been in Guts and, especially, Griffith's mind during this whole time?
--- End quote ---

Sure, but I won't feel robbed if those two don't have a "complex conversation" right before their final duel. I have full confidence Miura can satiate those feelings from fans in a few lines. For example, when Griffith appeared before Guts on the Hill of Swords, his opening line delivered so much information, implicitly.

And for someone who has been complaining loudly about shitty anime tropes, don't you think two rivals having a "complex conversation" before fighting is one of them...?

--- Quote ---What you're talking about is his "Femto" form, which, indeed, was evil as, just like you said it, was meant to be evil because he has become a freaking demon.
--- End quote ---

Griffith is Femto in a flesh suit. This is not a theory. It is what the "incarnation" part of "incarnation ceremony" refers to.  Furthermore, he literally transforms from one form to the next in Vol 34.

--- Quote ---Also, the current, resurrected Griffith said that he doesn't even feel anything anymore, even next to Guts. That's what he said, at least.
--- End quote ---

Sounds like you misunderstood that line. He was specifically referring to whether being near Guts would awaken any feeling in him -- a feeling that he regarded as a weakness.

--- Quote --- Berserk has become a cliche'd shonen when we look at it from that perspective, yes.
--- End quote ---

If you feel that way, then you're in the wrong place. You may also want to consider stopping reading, because it sounds like this series isn't for you.

--- Quote ---Why wouldn't they? It has happened so much long time ago!
--- End quote ---

Because it's a critical part of the story. Why is this even worth asking? Has Miura has failed in making call backs for other parts of the story? No. Why would this aspect be forgotten? It wouldn't. You're just fabricating a non-existent problem.

--- Quote ---Thanks, but I've found the exact same link before you've replied ;P

--- End quote ---

You asked for the link, I posted the link.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version