Community > Shootin' the Breeze

What Zelda items would you like to see return in the next installment of Zelda?

(1/3) > >>

Gamehowitzer:
Of course when I refer to Zelda items, i'm referring to items you previously obtained in a dungeon or from fulfilling certain criteria. Things that qualify as zelda items include, the mirror shield, hookshot, iron boots etc.

Of course that means that the magic zelda items that aren't obtained in dungeons are classified seperately, like the Medallions from link to the past, the three goddess magics from Ocarina of time, and the magic that you get in wind waker ( i can't remember what it's called but it made you invulnerable as long as you had magic) because while they are zelda items, they've only been used in their respective games (i could be forgetting)

Things that don't qualify as zelda items are armor, and swords because there isn't a large selection of armor or swords that have been interchangeable between titles.

Walter:
An umbrella would be nice to fight off that rain.  :ganishka:

Maybe historic items will be woven back in somehow in future Zeldas, but after Breath of the Wild, I feel like Nintendo has a blank check on where they take the series. So I'd be fine if they shed that older stuff. I don't think the series really needs to include old items to make it great. The 2 previous incarnations of the franchise felt weighed down by all that shit.

Gamehowitzer:

--- Quote from: Walter on January 28, 2018, 02:41:01 AM ---An umbrella would be nice to fight off that rain.  :ganishka:

Maybe historic items will be woven back in somehow in future Zeldas, but after Breath of the Wild, I feel like Nintendo has a blank check on where they take the series. So I'd be fine if they shed that older stuff. I don't think the series really needs to include old items to make it great. The 2 previous incarnations of the franchise felt weighed down by all that shit.

--- End quote ---
I don't want it to be weighed down by it, i don't want it to be reliant on them either, but i feel like we were missing out on some seriously useful items they could have implemented easily. particularly the iron boots or the fact you cant swim underwater at all. I feel like bombchus could have been awesome for getting a sneak attack when you can't rely on the regular bombs, or great for use in shrines for more hidden shit. Cryonis was basically the cane of somaria tied to water and ice instead of solid ground. There was no magic meter either.

I just would like to see an actual zelda item in the next game is all i mean, i understand that the breakable weapons thing made it difficult for them to implement traditional zelda items, and i'm also a bit of the opinion that they could have put more into BOTW. I like the engine, i like the game, but i'd just like them to try to bring a bit of the old zelda charm back into the next installment. I definitley don't want the puzzles to be solely reliant on these items, they have a lot of options open to them tho. They can make a game to satisfy the old zelda fans and the fans of the new "Formula".

Griffith:
BotW is the formula now? I thought it was the anti-formula! They did like 20 games with the old items before this already so it's a bit soon to be nostalgic, and I thought the point of the abilities in BotW was you got them all very early on so you didn't have to follow any particular path for the rest of the game.

Anyway, assuming they continue building on what they did in BotW, the only item I'd like to see back is the hookshot for the Spider-Man action they said almost made it into the game. That should have been game-changing post-Ganon content or something (better than a motorcycle =). I also agree it would be nice to expand the scope of the world to include underwater and underground/caves and more traditional "found" dungeons.

Truder:

--- Quote from: Griffith on January 28, 2018, 05:29:54 AM ---Anyway, assuming they continue building on what they did in BotW, the only item I'd like to see back is the hookshot for the Spider-Man action they said almost made it into the game. That should have been game-changing post-Ganon content or something (better than a motorcycle =).

--- End quote ---
You have my thoughts exactly, but i think the reason they didnt add too much mobility speed-wise, is because the game freezes whenever you go any faster than motorcycle/horse speed. speedrunners constantly run into 4-8 second freezes using wonky stasis strategies that launch them like a rocket across entire plains. but that might of been a Wii U limitation that carried over to the switch port. my main desire for the next game is enemy types. theres only like 8 enemy types and thats honestly pretty bad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version