Author Topic: Am I the only one who...  (Read 923 times)

Offline GORDOL

Am I the only one who...
« on: August 12, 2018, 06:56:08 PM »
just wants to know the origins of Slan, Void, SK and Zodd and be done with the manga?

I don't even care about the ending or the final battles anymore...

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
Re: Am I the only one who...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 07:11:59 PM »
You're asking this on a forum 100% dedicated to Berserk?
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Sareth

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 07:18:15 PM »
Thought I was on Reddit for a second

Offline N7Paladin

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 12:11:06 AM »
just wants to know the origins of Slan, Void, SK and Zodd and be done with the manga?

I don't even care about the ending or the final battles anymore...

No. Just no.

Offline jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
  • even the horses are cut in half!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 11:45:07 AM »
And here I thought I was gonna read something interesting. As much as I'd like to have their back story I don't understand how one would want these said back story and not care for the rest of the series...

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 02:37:02 PM »
Actually, on the contrary, I couldn't really care less about the individual God Hand or their backgrounds (and SK and Zodd are already pretty solidly established characters, we already know them well, specifics aside). They're cool and serve an important function in the story, but that's also the extent to which I care about them. If we get extensive, relevant backgrounds on them down the line, great, I'll enjoy that and care more, but I won't be disappointed if we don't and they just are what they are. I understand the curiosity about them, but not that sort of investment at the expense of much richer characters.

Offline jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 02:50:15 PM »
Actually, on the contrary, I couldn't really care less about the individual God Hand or their backgrounds (and SK and Zodd are already pretty solidly established characters, we already know them well, specifics aside). They're cool and serve an important function in the story, but that's also the extent to which I care about them. If we get extensive, relevant backgrounds on them down the line, great, I'll enjoy that and care more, but I won't be disappointed if we don't and they just are what they are. I understand the curiosity about them, but not that sort of investment at the expense of much richer characters.

I could not have put it in better words. One of the things I like most about them is the mystery that revolves around them. Not knowing all the détails is sometimes (most of the times imo) better than too much info. If we come to get these backstory like I said just above, well fine with me for I am interested in them, but I'll never be disappointed or pissed if we don't.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 08:54:23 AM »

What about Conrad's origins?! AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CARES ABOUT WHAT TRULY MATTERS ANYMORE?

Offline jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 12:07:04 PM »
What about Conrad's origins?! AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CARES ABOUT WHAT TRULY MATTERS ANYMORE?

I'm a bit sad nobody mentionned Ubik. Where's the love for the little one. :sad: :ubik:

Offline Bleac

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 06:25:05 PM »

Let me chip in with some Conrad love as well. *sigh* When will Miura finally do this story justice?  :puck:

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 07:17:06 PM »
I'm a bit sad nobody mentionned Ubik. Where's the love for the little one. :sad: :ubik:

Maybe not in this thread, but I've written quite a bit about the little guy: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14744.0
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2018, 09:27:47 PM »
Maybe not in this thread, but I've written quite a bit about the little guy: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14744.0

Thank Wally! i meant it as a joke but I do am interested in the little creep. I'll read it tomorrow at work(If I've never read that one, I might have. I do spent a lot of time reading old posts when it's slow at work). I'm always down to read these kind of posts.  :guts:

Offline SleepersWake

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 12:11:28 AM »

Thanks for linking that! For starters I had no idea that the Garden of Earthly Delights had a fourth panel, that's super neat.

As for the OP's question - as far as Berserk goes, any lore-drop is a good lore-drop. I don't think we *need* to know the answers to those questions, but if Miura takes the time to give us the info, it'll be cuz it's awesome.

Offline I know that I know :)

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2018, 12:49:21 AM »

No origins for  :ubik: and Conrad the two in my mind  most mysterious members of the god hand. Also there are way more mysteries things left to be solved other than the godhand/skullknight in berserk. For starters the moonlight child or what about Guts future after he possibly gets his revenge. There are so many things yet to be answered in berserk that I would not be satisfied with just Godhands origins or  :SK: origins alone.
All shall love me and despair.