Berserk's Future Release Schedule Approximation

Sjj6aig.png

I created a spreadsheet of all Berserk episode releases to visualize how the past release schedule looked like.
Then I wanted to approximate just how much time it would take for Berserk to come to an end, assuming a # of total episodes and different # of episodes per year schedule.

I think the image above is self-explanatory. The "Change In Months" refers to the difference of "Final Episode" date from it to the one above it in months.
As you can see, interestingly enough, 1 episode per year change in release schedule has a drastically different effect on the final date based on the schedule. For example, for the top table, difference from 10 Ep/Year to 9 Ep/Year is about a year (13 months), when the difference from 6 Ep/Year to 5 Ep/Year is over 3 years (37 months). So, as it turns out, getting an extra episode per year, does make a significant difference for the current release schedule.

PS: From 2014 until today, we got 4.8 Ep/Year.

PPS: The tables used to have "Miura's Age" column, but it was removed, since it was in poor taste. Hence some of the comments.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I respect the effort but I don't think there's intrinsically much value in creating this sort of projected schedule.
At the end of the day, the takeaway is that it'll take many years until Berserk ends, which is well known. How long it will take exactly is subject to unknown parameters: not just how many episodes are released each year (which is unlikely to go above 9 on average IMHO), but also how many more are planned until the end.

I also want to reiterate that I find the focus on Miura's age to be distasteful.

Aazealh said:
I respect the effort but I don't think there's intrinsically much value in creating this sort of projected schedule.
At the end of the day, the takeaway is that it'll take many years until Berserk ends, which is well known. How long it will take exactly is subject to unknown parameters: not just how many episodes are released each year (which is unlikely to go above 9 on average IMHO), but also how many more are planned until the end.

I agree that this table has very little value, since there are too many variable that could drastically alter all of these numbers. And not only that, it doesn't really give us any new insight than we already knew. As you wrote, there is still quite a bit of story left and it will take many years for it to come to an end.

Aazealh said:
I also want to reiterate that I find the focus on Miura's age to be distasteful.

I guess I didn't really think of it in that sense. Now I realize that it has the terrible connotation of "will he finish Berserk before he's dead." I myself hate when people say this. Find it disturbing and disrespectful. My angle was, there are only a handful of mangaka, that I know of, who worked/work on the same project they start early in they career until they are in their 70s and 80s (Takao Saito of Golgo 13 comes to mind). That was why I added Miura's age into the table. Didn't mean to be disrespectful.

I could take it off and re-upload one without it, if you guys want to. No trouble for me

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's up to you, I mean I get it, you wanted to add as much data as possible. Can't blame you for making it as comprehensive as you could, but yeah it kind of has that connotation.

Aazealh said:
It's up to you, I mean I get it, you wanted to add as much data as possible. Can't blame you for making it as comprehensive as you could, but yeah it kind of has that connotation.

Just updated it. It was in poor taste. The more I think about it, the more I realize. Thanks for pointing it out Aazealh and Bleac. :farnese:

Top Bottom