Reordered BBS sections

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ive been playing with new ordering for the BBS. This current setup makes much more sense than the last but I'm sure it'll take some getting used to.

Comments/suggestions?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
hopeing for "out of sight, out of mind"?

Won't work

try "out of site, out of mind"?

oh well... off to go watch TV... ;D

hey wally

why dont you just put the 10 most recent posts at the bottom?

just trying to be different? or trying to speed up loading times?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
General boards being at bottom makes me read berserk boards first, and reading Generals seems boring ; before it was read shit first so you can read interesting stuff for the 'final'.
Definitely a good thing you made.
Guil

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
krebs4life said:
hey wally

why dont you just put the 10 most recent posts at the bottom?

just trying to be different? or trying to speed up loading times?
Can't, it makes the server parse thousands of posts at once every time the board loads. The current way gives the same results (fast lookup time) with no server yield.

P

psymont

a shock to the system .... must have taken quite some time to reorder all this, huh? .... nice

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Personally, I think it's a lot better! Good job fella. Ever thought of chaging the banner at the top though? Change is always a good thing ;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Personally, I think it's a lot better! Good job fella. Ever thought of chaging the banner at the top though? Change is always a good thing ;)
Hmmm yeah, good idea. I just had a cool idea for it. I'll see what I can come up with by the end of the week.

If anyone else wants to give it a try though, make a banner that's 400x65 pixels, fits the current color scheme and lists the name of the BBS somewhere on it. Let's all get crackin,

G

Genn21

:) what would be kick ass if we had one of those shockwave banners with the ripple effect, im thinking someone with adobe could put godhand in the second layer and gutts and griffith in the first on opposite sides of each other and in back of griffith include a 3rd layer of femto, and in back of gutts include his young picture kinda faded out.. that soundsl ike a good idea for me maybe a starting point or a insperation block for some young artist to pump the berserk
banner up.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, I want to keep it as un-flash as possible. Jpg or Gif please. No gimmicks.

how bout a change of color scheme buddy

i mean i like the blue on blue, but im sure someone somewhere can come up with something a little better

of course im not going to submit any suggestions because lets face it.. im not creative

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
krebs4life said:
how bout a change of color scheme buddy

i mean i like the blue on blue, but im sure someone somewhere can come up with something a little better

of course im not going to submit any suggestions because lets face it.. im not creative
How about RED AND BLACK? That's never been done before!!

P

psymont

i realy like the baby blue and white .... its the hawks flag colors and the nike colors .... bomb ass .... (also my sites colors)

Majin_Tenshi

Walter said:
How about RED AND BLACK? That's never been done before!!
nor has the default color scheme

yabbcube.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Pure coincidence. I based the current color scheme off of how I envisioned Griffith Reborn. Plus, my colors are just plain prettier than the bland YaBB SE board's.

Majin_Tenshi

Walter said:
Pure coincidence. I based the current color scheme off of how I envisioned Griffith Reborn. Plus, my colors are just plain prettier than the bland YaBB SE board's.
...rIgHt... you aren't fooling anyone, walter...

Go ahead and tell them that. The only things you added to the basic color scheme are the Puck background and the Skullknight.net pic.
Now as features go, well... I don't know the default ones...

yeah red and black do suck

but christ man, the baby blue on white reminds me of a hospital or a mental institution.

you can keep blue and white, but you could just add some trim color

maybe a gold color, i always thought there was gold on one of the BoH flags, but thats hard to tell considering the manga is in B&W

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
...rIgHt... you aren't fooling anyone, walter...

Go ahead and tell them the only things you added to the basic color scheme are the Puck background and the Skullknight.net pic.
Now as features go, well... I don't know the default ones...
*Shrugs shoulders* You're hell bent on labeling me a ripoff artist. I'd get Griffith to vouch for me, since he helped me with picking these final colors for this scheme, but I don't guess you'd take another admin's word over mine anyway.

maybe a gold color, i always thought there was gold on one of the BoH flags, but thats hard to tell considering the manga is in B&W

The original design that eventually turned into what you see was Blue/White/Gold. However, it was really hard to work gold into it. I'll see if I can find some screen shots of how it looked. It was pretty gross =).

yeah i can imagine, but it was just an example

with all the talent here (not mine), i imagine that you could come up with a pimpin good design to go with the pimpin good info

im not saying you need mad flash things or shit like that, but im sure someone could come up with something cool

(have you ever tried a black background with white text?)

Majin_Tenshi

new.gif
I'll look like an idiot and assume thats standard.

on.gif
off.gif
open.gif
new_none.gif
all blatently default.

guest.gif
online.gif
message_sm.gif
theser aren't really worthwhile, but thats besides the point...

Top Bottom