Should Have Been An Episode 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
From looking around the net I notice that a lot of Berserk fans (especially ones who never read the manga) hate the ending to the anime because it is just ends with a huge cliff hanger (when Guts eye gets gouged and the screen goes black.) Well I heard that the usual seasons in Japan last 26 episodes. I guess that the Japanese producers couldn't summon the funds to make an extra episode or couldn't find something that could fit in an extra episode. I think if they made a 26th episode it could of brought the series to a full circle. I know they didn't introduce the Skull Knight but they could've introduced him in the beginning of 26. Here's how it could've gone...

Episode One Starts: Shows the lookback at episode 25 shows Guts blackout and then plays theme song. Episode starts, Skull Knight is fighting Zodd and severes his arm. Then he goes into the eclipse and attacks Void, but it's useless so he kills some demons and then rescues Guts and Caska, then he breaks out of the eclipse with them. Zodd and him have their little talk about Guts and Caska surviving.

Commercial Break

Second Half Starts: Guts has is dreaming about the hawks then he wakes up. He finds out Caskas crazy and then he runs into the woods, meeting Skull Knight and he is told about the brand etc. Guts fights the spirits and then him and the Skull Knight ride off on their horses. Caska has the demon baby and the deformed dwarf demon looking guy shows up and Guts kills him with the dragon slayer and he gets the Black Swordsman armor. He then heads out.

End.

I think that ending would've brought the whole story arc to a closure and in the upcoming episode preview it could show him walking into the town/bar in episode one.

SomeKindOfBlue

How, Caska? How could you not pounce this man?
I don't know... I think that would have been just as big a cliffhanger.

"WTF? Where did the demon baby go? Who the hell was that skeleton guy?"
And, of course, the question that mostly plagues everybody's minds anyway:
"Does it end there??? What happens next? WHAT THE...???"

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
SomeKindOfBlue said:
Heh... no, I guess not.

I know *I* wouldn't try it, at least. :)

That is true, too bad the anime tried it. (Even though it's still cool.)
I haven't seen the God Hand eps. I just read the manga until media blasters started putting berserk out on dvd for that ridiculous price.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Re:It must have been a mistake...

Lady Griffith said:
On ebay some of the DVDs do say all 26 episodes. I wonder why?

LG
because some people are stupid, and some people are stupider. doi

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost

Majin Tenshi said:
because some people are stupid, and some people are stupider. doi

That must mean...are you saying...no, You wouldn't be that mean.

LG

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Well I wasn't the one who said " DVD contains ALL EPISODES, 1-26"

LOL

LG

and we already know how mean I can be.

Majin_Tenshi

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Majin is just a big ol' teddy bear that needs a hug here and there. :D
I warn you, I have a katana, and I know how to fence... umm... yea that makes sense... REALLY!

'cause ya see, since I fence, I must know how to use a sword... and a katana is a sword.. . so I must be more dangerous with a katana then someone who randomly picks one up... um yea that makes sense...

ok, I'll shut up now...

P

psymont

Majin Tenshi said:
I warn you, I have a katana, and I know how to fence... umm... yea that makes sense... REALLY!

'cause ya see, since I fence, I must know how to use a sword... and a katana is a sword.. . so I must be more dangerous with a katana then someone who randomly picks one up... um yea that makes sense...

ok, I'll shut up now...

well the katana is an exotic weapon, where as the fencing sword(rapier) is not .... you will recieve a -4 if you attempt the katana attack .... of course if you have weapon focus on your rapier, using the katana seems even more less than practical .... i dont like your odds ....

as far as the epi 26 goes: the dvd box set(chinese) i have has a 26 epi, but all it is is the videos for the opening and ending bands as well as some recap filler .... total crap ....

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!

Lady Griffith said:
On ebay some of the DVDs do say all 26 episodes. I wonder why?

LG

Yeah i've seen that too I just figured they were crazy or Japan has been keeping some info away from us lol.

Majin_Tenshi

Psymont said:
well the katana is an exotic weapon, where as the fencing sword(rapier) is not .... you will recieve a -4 if you attempt the katana attack .... of course if you have weapon focus on your rapier, using the katana seems even more less than practical .... i dont like your odds ....
A katana is only an exotic weapon when used 1 handed. Its basicly a bastard sword +1. I'm sure I can bluff martial weapon proficiency.

Actualy, the fencing sword is a "foil" (haven't had the chance to try epee or sabre)

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well I cast Magic Missiles! :-X and since I am level 15 butter-troll, I get 1 extra missile for every 4 levels! OMFG OMFG 0wn3ge! ROFFFLE!!!!!!!11

Majin_Tenshi

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well I cast Magic Missiles! :-X and since I am level 15 butter-troll, I get 1 extra missile for every 4 levels! OMFG OMFG 0wn3ge! ROFFFLE!!!!!!!11
Fortuneatly, as a level 20 barbarian, I have hardness 4. The maximum damage you can do with those magic missles is 5... and thats because I'm correcting your stupidity.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Majin Tenshi said:
A katana is only an exotic weapon when used 1 handed. Its basicly a bastard sword +1. I'm sure I can bluff martial weapon proficiency.

Actualy, the fencing sword is a "foil" (haven't had the chance to try epee or sabre)

Siiiigh... I used to have a katana but it got confiscated by the police. ::)

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
I had a ninja sword not a katana (the samurai one) I broke it in half cutting fire wood. It sucked horribly, afterall it was a ninja sword made in Pakistan. I plan on buying a new one that's medieval.

Dragon Slayer said:
I heard that the usual seasons in Japan last 26 episodes. I guess that the Japanese producers couldn't summon the funds to make an extra episode or couldn't find something that could fit in an extra episode.
No, it was always supposed to last 25 episodes. No mystery at all.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:

Btw, are all of u discussing AD&D or a RPG game?
It sound really familiar with me

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I sense such anger from Majin, your just an angry man but it is funny though...havnet played D&D in a long time... good times.. Anyways, I remember after watching the last ep of Berserk, I was just thinking...there has to be another one..there has to be another one...but then those damn music video's were the only one's showing up after that....bastards.. >:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom