Your favorite Black swordsman moments

G

Genn21

( i was gonna put b.s moments but that would distract the title ^^;;) What are the favorite moments of a of kento miurra fanboy. Those ones you fell in love with and define fandom of the manga . If you cant pick more than one dont. Choseing only 1 favorite moment out of a entirety defines lamedom yet having more than one or a unchooseable amount makes it the BEST.

for me its roshinue's death when they retold the pecuff story...The series was just above average till i hit that milestone. Gutts watching the good doctor getting executed would be two on my list. The 3rd would be the behelit apostle baiting the iron chain knights using joachim to get to nina and casca. That scene was majorly unpredictable

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
One of my favorites scenes is with the Jill and Roshinda story arc where Gatts lifts a kid up by his shirt with his DragonSlayer and then proceeds to use the kid as bait to lure the fairies. "Hey kid, want to avenge your parents?" The look on that poor child's face was priceless.
Another scene that I just laught at everytime I see it is one with Puck and his inner thoughts. Gatts is being overwhelmed by demons so Puck starts beating them off with little bristles and thus the flawed logic begins as Puck thinks he's better than Gatts cause the demons overwhelmed Gatts and Puck and overwhelm the demons. It just really shows how though the story has it's deep and serious moments, it can also be funny.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Damn, there are so many moments it's hard to pick just a few. I like pretty much all the Lost Children story arc. I also thought Guts's fight with Zoddo in the field of swords was amazing.

Off the top of my head, scenes which I particularly like are:

When Guts first gets the Dragonslayer at Godo's house, and there's that great double-paged spread of him coming out of the house with it, and then he commences making mincemeat out of bulldog-man.

When Guts fights the Kushan at the beginning of vol. 18. I looove the move when he basically uses the DS to pole vault over the Kushan who are attacking with their scimitars and daggers. That whole fight scene is amazingly well drawn!

When Puck gets the keys to break Guts out of his cage after he's been captured by the HICKS, and forces Guts to very politely say "Thank you Puck-sama!" Guts's expressions are priceless!

I also enjoy all the times Guts tried to get rid of Puck, like tossing him away and sticking him under a bunch of rocks. ;D

P

psymont

mine is by far the coolest try ever

when guts meets the snail baron for the second time(in the city) he bleeds from his brand, put his pointer and middle finger on the bloody spot and drags the blood across his neck while looking up at him .... aw man ....

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
All the events leading up to Caska's and Guts' reunion (The "Rebirth Ceremony" or "Rebirth Ritual" story arc). It was just pure mayhem and chaos as Guts attempted to find Caska. Guts was just a whirlwind of destruction throughout that whole story arc... booyah! ;D

My favourite moment so far from that storyline arc:

Gutswhirlwind.jpg

guts-caska.jpg

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Guts and Wyald, Most Definitely

[quote author=TheSkyTraveller

I also enjoy all the times Guts tried to get rid of Puck, like tossing him away and sticking him under a bunch of rocks. ;D

And the cutest with Puck living in his little pocket holder there, peeking out when it's safe. So cute...so damn cute...

Well I have to admit I liked best many aspects of the fight with Roshina and her demon army of bugs, but, my favorite is Guts' fight with Wyald and then the Snail Count. ( Plus we have yet to see what's going to happen between Guts and the Count's vengeful daughter Theresia) Wyald just kept living and living and living. Only when Zodd tears him in half does he show his true form.

Many moments of greatness with the Black Swordsman...too many to count :)

LG

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Truth be told, I highly doubt Theresia will come back, at least any time soon. Methinks that is a plot point Miura may just want to quietly die.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Darok [Shattered Will] said:
Truth be told, I highly doubt Theresia will come back, at least any time soon. Methinks that is a plot point Miura may just want to quietly die.
In my opinion, Miura never intended to show Theresia again. Her devotion to kill Guts was just to show how much she'd changed, and that she was capable of that kind of hatred now, after what Guts did to her (admittedly disgusting, but ultimately christlike) father.

Not so much that she WILL kill Guts, just that she had the willpower to say such a thing.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
When Guts kicks the cripples' crutch and says "Nothing personal. It's just my way."

When Guts set fire to the horses' tail and Pak starts yammering about "gratuitious evil". I mean, I'm with Guts on that one, he needed a distraction and the flaming horse's tail provided!

Anything involving Slann.

G

Genn21

:D , i have to say also whenever guts succesfully puts a cannonball through a apostle tho scenes define TOTAL ROCK. I love to see gutts beat on puck to whenever puck gets to anoying and trys to become a centerpoint, Guts chibi wacks him.

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Its kinda scary, but its also my favourite moment. Where Guts begins stabbing the Count's face like hundreds of times, while Puck and Theresia look on, disgusted.

G

Genn21

If Guts did finally ditch puck ( stepping on him or eating it ) we'd have to listen to isrido's lamebot humour all day. Thats a part i would'nt look forward to.

Pucks's a ok character even if you find you rather have him dead at the start. His chibi manifestation's make up for his "guts be more human " side comment's.

puella

Berserk forever
Oh, well you guys are talking about Puck at least. :eek:
So impressing.

** btw, Genn21, I prefer your previous avatar.
That all wrinkled face reminds me of midland king. :p

G

Genn21

Holy jesus .. pui pui do you not know who that guy is. He should remind you more of giffith running down peasents than a pedo king. ( well shit if he isnt catholic... ) ok maybe he should remind you of the midland king... but maybe with a hint of bad ole griffithsu.

* hint hes not clinton.

Ya, its right pue i consider pucks vital roll to the series... but menially. Its like oil lube , every 3000 miles it count's. Sure he does have that one funny joke or gesture that makes him worthwhile. .... Hes looks like a damn onion tho !!!! do you know how horrible onions taste , ARRRRRG.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Genn21 said:
Holy jesus .. pui pui do you not know who that guy is. He should remind you more of giffith running down peasents than a pedo king. ( well shit if he isnt catholic... ) ok maybe he should remind you of the midland king... but maybe with a hint of bad ole griffithsu.

* hint hes not clinton.

Ya, its right pue i consider pucks vital roll to the series... but menially. Its like oil lube , every 3000 miles it count's. Sure he does have that one funny joke or gesture that makes him worthwhile. .... Hes looks like a damn onion tho !!!! do you know how horrible onions taste , ARRRRRG.
are you a wrinkled vampire ?
Guil

When Guts is going up the back way of the snail baron's castle, and he gets intercepted by the knight that got infected by the SB...

Guts is hacking up the tendrils, and the snail baron's head pops up and says, 'Ho ho ho, you have to hit me in the head to hurt meeee! Otherwise I'll keep growing back!'

Guts: 'Thanks for telling me.' (moron)

SPLAT

That right there was one of the many moments that sets berserk apart from other mangas ;D

But my most favorite part was the time after Guts whacks Mozgus and the nasty tides of death are coming at Albion...That entire survival scene where the people whose lives were directly touched/altered in some manner by Guts and Caska lived through the second eclipse. All the stuff with Farneze questioning herself and opening her eyes to what's going on, like when Guts is confident that they'll all live, and she gains hope. When she's about to die, and Guts saves her and he's just standing over her with his sword pointed to the ground like some god, and tells her that if she wants to live she should use her sword too. When the huge tendril of death-goop comes at the group and Guts is the only one to not fall back, the only one that stands up and fights. When he tells her not to pray and to think about the torch in her hands instead, and she gains more courage.

Stuff like that just makes you really appreciate how badass a character is, when other characters are taking serious notice and being influenced by the main character. Not from some bullshit fate stuff like with Mule and Griff, but by pure actions and force of will like with Guts. The times when Ishidro and Puck are observing Guts are really great as well, but I think that the second eclipse survival with Farneze takes the cake.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Genn21 said:

* hint hes not clinton.

He kind of resembles Ariel Sharon... but I don't think that's him. Some sort of popular Catholic priest figure in the U.S. I presume?!? ???

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Bok Choy [Stir-fried with Rice] said:
He kind of resembles Ariel Sharon...

He kind of resembles half an Ariel Sharon. Seriously, that fucker is morbidly obese.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I think it's Thomas O'Brien, the (former) Bishop of Phoenix. He retired because of sexual abuse cases and a fatal hit and run accident a while ago.

*I didn't recognize it either, but his name is in the picture's filename. ^^;*

G

Genn21

Ding Ding ! Father thomas o' brien it is. Kimchan you cheated , no cookie. makku wtf how could this guy even resemble ariel HES PARTILY IRISH :-X

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0625transcript-ON.html

Bishop O'Brien: No, I didn't I didn't know what it was. I thought it was a dog or something, some something I didn't even see it.
Man forget monster trucks , priest's running down illegal immegrant's rocks hardcore !

Guts is hacking up the tendrils, and the snail baron's head pops up and says, 'Ho ho ho, you have to hit me in the head to hurt meeee! Otherwise I'll keep growing back!'

Guts: 'Thanks for telling me.' (moron)

SPLAT

Hey sable, that moment defines why badguy's should'nt give speeches :)

theres too many to list but off the top i'd say when he shoots the arrow through som mercs nose then slams his face unto a table AND then starts flicking it hahaha badass

O

Ozmo

I think the fight against Roshinu and the short story where Guts encounters the priest and kid in the wagon and ends up killing the girl and hordes of zombies in the swamp describe the Black Swordsman the best. The dark and vengeful man who fights 20 hours a day and has very little room for anything else. Very much different to the Guts who departed Godo's house after getting the DS and the current Guts who no longer fights solely for vengeance, but has Casca and some friends to look after.

Err... I fumbled in my words again, but you should be able to figure my point. :)

Top Bottom