Episode 222

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flora prepares a new armor for Guts. The Skull Knight sounds a bit worried about it.
Zoddo and other Apostles are approaching Flora's mansion, and the Skull Knight will try to protect it for her.

Schierke senses that Flora is in danger, but Guts collapses: his wound can't heal because it was inflicted by Slan. He could die if Flora doesn't take care of that quickly, but when they get to the mansion, it's already in flames.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
OH! neato! Its been a while since Guts was "actualy" injured.

I'm curious about Skully's concern over this new armor.
I knew that Guts wouldn't go without his breastplate for long. Its just not in his character design. He had better get a new cape to go along with it.

Well, it sounds like its time for Shierke to summon that water spirit agian. I doubt that Flora will die this quickly. Maybe the flames are actualy a fire ward in disguise. (Shierke is still young and may not recognize it. )

Anyways Thanks Hague!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well since they come out (Current YA) about 3 days after their initial release over here in Okinawa, I'll pick one up monday and scan it and have it up. Since I work night shifts, I will have plenty of time to post it up! ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Holy... This is better than we could have expected. Griffith's army is suddenly interested in Guts and his party? Is this a direct consequence of his runin with Slan, or was it the sealing of the Qliphoth?

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Wow... this does not bode well for Guts. It looks like he'll have to rely more on Farnese, Serpico, and co. for protection until he gets healed by Flora. However, since the mansion burned down, does this indicate that Flora has been killed off or that she ran away? It seems he needs to get healed fast or else he's toast.

This chapter sounds fascinating since Guts has not been in such a helpless state for a long time. I like this new turnaround in his character where he has to rely on others instead of being totally independent...

SaiyajinNoOuji

Hehe ;D I'm not playing! I will have them as soon as I can get my hands on them! I can't wait to see what it looks like!

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Shouldnt Griffiths party be worried about Midland kingdom?
Maybe Flora is more important than we know...

SaiyajinNoOuji

I think they knew that with Gattsu on who ever's side would be trouble. Perhaps they are trying to take them out before they obtain some real power. If this pre-emptive strike is because of their run in with Slann, then it is a logical thing to do. I just hope Gattsu goes Berserk on one of the attackers.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Puella’s interpretation of the 222 summary (http://homepage1.nifty.com/bluestone/berserk/animal/ya222.html) :

Guts is severely wounded and can’t heal because the wound was inflicted by Slan. His wound is so serious that without Flora, Guts might not ever heal. Flora gives him new armor that is apparently very large, covering more of his body and has more ornamentation. She says of this armor, “Oh no. I never thought I’d have to take out this armor.” Skull Knight mentions that he used to wear similar armor. Skully looks worried about this and says that it is a dangerous armor. Flora puts a talisman on it.

Guts overhears Flora and Skully talking about the past (I’m assuming it’s the 1000 year ago event). Flora says that, “what we did was very dangerous.” “The result was not good.” “Causality is a spiral (Puella insists that this infers a pattern in causality), but that doesn’t necessarily mean that Guts and his band will make the same decision that you and I once did.”

Though this seems to infer that the Guts/Skully parallel is accurate, Guts says after he hears all of this that “He is like Griffith.”

Something is happening with Farnese and Serpico’s relationship. Whatever it is, it’s apparently “good timing” according to the summarizer.

Shadows of apostles can be seen on the outskirts of the mansion and Skull Knight mounts his horse. Flora tells him that "I want to see your smiling face once again, with my own eyes" and Skull Knight exits.

The summarizer is very confusing with continuity in this chapter, so we aren’t 100% sure of the flow of events. Though it defies all logic, according to the summarizer, as the chapter ends, the mansion is on fire.

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
Isn't Flora's house a million miles through time and space at this point?
I mean it took a whole volume to get where they are now....

SaiyajinNoOuji

It could have been a trap all along. They could have somehow followed them and waited till they left. Made a distraction with the whole trolls and stuff. They could have figured that if Gattsu went down the same path as Skullknight then they would have their hands really full with two powerful enemies.

eirias

Doc lives in Kyoto, which is hot.
Olivier Hague said:
Flora prepares a new armor for Guts. The Skull Knight sounds a bit worried about it.

More specifically, he's worried Guts will make the same decisions he and Flora did. Flora points out that casuality is not a circle but a spiral...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
And it means...
In a circular scenario, the same events would continually happen, exactly as they did before. In this, a spiral, events will reoccur but in a different way. A spiral is a circle headed in some direction. A circle just goes ... in circles.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Olivier Hague said:
Zoddo and other Apostles are approaching Flora's mansion, and the Skull Knight will try to protect it for her.

Schierke senses that Flora is in danger, but Guts collapses: his wound can't heal because it was inflicted by Slan. He could die if Flora doesn't take care of that quickly, but when they get to the mansion, it's already in flames.

The wound won't heal because it's inflicted by a God Hand member. Interesting...so what would the cure be, a magic spell I wonder, or fairy dust? My bet is a little of both.

LG

One bad ass chapter after the next. I can't wait to see the scans. Furthermore, I can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter. Are there any shots of the armor, or guts in it? What does it look like ? Also, who is gonna win, wounded Guts and his group or the Apostle army? Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom