Guts' Armor

G

Gechmir

I've read the summaries on how Guts' armor should help him, but I don't know how it COULD help him... Does it have some sorta magic on it?... I mean, how can it help him fight against Grunbeld?

I haven't read up a ton on this whole thing. Only looked at the summaries, and note that he is currently in a badly beaten shape due to Slan's wounds upon him. Could someone give an explanation/guess on how the armor does/will help him?...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, the chapter title is The Berserk(er)'s Armor. That's a hint. Before Guts put it on, he couldn't even take out an Apostle chump with a surprise attack, Grunbeld demolished him (even moreso because he was without protection of any kind), and now with the armor, he's already easily killed two Apostles that tried to eat him, inside out. So, aside from actually protecting Guts body really well, he's acting like a killing machine with it on. Whatever else it does can only be speculated on, my only question about it is if it improves Guts' spiritual senses; or solves his right eye/left arm problem to some degree. Anyway, I believe its only been called "cursed", not magical or enchanted, if I'm not mistaken. Small difference, but look at the arguments over colors and chapter titles around here. :)

-Griffith

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Well, amoung other things, the tallismon on the inside of the breastplate seals the brand. Now, so what? Wrong. If the brand really gives the Godhand a degree of power over him, that means all the fighting since the eclipse could have been a restrained Guts. With that removed...

Majin Tenshi said:
With that removed...

Do u mean the armor release the rage and the potential power of Gutz/Beast deep down inside him?

That could be a possibility that contribute to the *power he has now, but then how can the brand restaint his limit? (unless u r saying fighting a god hand can lead him bleed to death :-\)

O

Ozmo

Before putting the armor on Guts could barely move (he practically fell through the door). After he supposedly got it on (amazingly quickly) he was back to his old self, chopping up apostoles at insane speed once again. My guess is that he's become "unaware" of his injuries, but we'll have to wait for the next few chapters to see what it really does.

G

Gechmir

Ahhh. Guess it lived up to Berserkers of middle ages. They didn't wear armor, but still! :p They were folks who'd fight without any concern of their bodily injuries. Guess they did make a firm connection to the term of a "Berserker"

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gechmir said:
Ahhh. Guess it lived up to Berserkers of middle ages. They didn't wear armor, but still! :p They were folks who'd fight without any concern of their bodily injuries. Guess they did make a firm connection to the term of a "Berserker"

Damn good call, I didn't even think about that connection. Anyone who has a problem with the chapter title has to answer to me.

It's probably only called "cursed" as opposed to "enchanted/magic" because it was made by dwarves (if the translation is to be believed?), and if there is one constant accross all fantasy is that dwarves hate magic. Oh sure, they'll make items with runes and whatnot inscribed on them that gives the items special power, but will they admit its magic? No way.

Another constant is that elves are gay.

deadfuse said:
It's probably only called "cursed" as opposed to "enchanted/magic" because it was made by dwarves (if the translation is to be believed?), and if there is one constant accross all fantasy is that dwarves hate magic. Oh sure, they'll make items with runes and whatnot inscribed on them that gives the items special power, but will they admit its magic? No way.

Dwarves made a bunch of magical shit in Norse mythology. That was practically all they were known for; making magical shit (not simply stuff inscribed with runes). Thor's hammer and Odin's spear are just two of the many, many examples. Some of their magical items would be cursed. I think there's a good possibility the armor is imparting power/speed to him, not simply because it removed fear and pain. I mean, I haven't seen Guts have any sense of fear in the past 4-5 volumes (other than fear of losing control)...he didn't even flinch or despair when Slan appeared or Grunbeld was manhandling him. And regarding pain, Guts hacked his own arm off, so I think he can suppress pain pretty well as it is.

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
Regaurdless of how this armor helps Guts, I think we he's done fighting Grunbeld the armor will have done enough damage to keep him out of the game for a while... then maybe we'll get the Griffith story arc that's been rumored to happen.

Majin Tenshi said:
Well, since the armor is keeps the warior fighting by stabbing spikes through the bones, I'd say that its cursed.

More importantly it help to unleash the beast within himself, which is the most important reason y it is cursed

G

Gechmir

I figured previously that Guts might not always rely on the armor past a point. But hearing of Grunbeld's strength makes be believe he wouldn't stand a chance without it. He's gonna probably snap and literally go berserk at some point. It might call out to his inner demon or something of the sort. Silke might have a spell that could cull teh inn3r d3m0n!!! But, that's part of his strength. His true strength in the series (As shown in scenes where his eyes or eye are/is white, face shaded all black) was when he was PO'd, with no fear or remorse.

Grunbeld might end up being the strongest of all these warriors under Griffith, and Guts might decide not to use the armor due to its possible downsides (Losing it all and almost killing one of the folks he trusts, or worst yet, Caska) against future enemies. At least for a while, but this is speculation. Some of Griffith's lackeys seem like they could be laid out for another character other than Guts, though. The archer fellow seems like someone for Serpico... :-)

Gechmir said:
Grunbeld might end up being the strongest of all these warriors under Griffith,

Maybe as strong, but not really the strongest, if u consider Zodd in and other elite ones which we have not seen yet...

Maybe we shouldnt call the five of them as Apostle anymore, since their power is far above any apostles we had seen. Greater demon or Overlord would be better term for them... ;)

Kart

Resident /b/tard
They're apostles, They just have a purpose, they arn't greedy, rich, or insane, they are followers of griffith and he bestowed his power onto them. So instead of becoming lazy and doing all the demon things other apostles do such as slaughter the weak, eating virgins, and hording loot, they fight and improve themselves so that they can give griffith glory.

Smith said:
Maybe we shouldnt call the five of them as Apostle anymore, since their power is far above any apostles we had seen. Greater demon or Overlord would be better term for them... ;)
Maybe we shouldn't call Guts as human anymore, since his power is far above any human we had seen. Super Saiyan would be better term for him...

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Olivier Hague said:
Maybe we shouldn't call Guts as human anymore, since his power is far above any human we had seen. Super Saiyan would be better term for him...​
Hahahaha!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Olivier Hague said:
Maybe we shouldn't call Guts as human anymore, since his power is far above any human we had seen. Super Saiyan would be better term for him...

Smith,

GodHagued.jpg

-Griffith

Olivier Hague said:

Well that's the truth also, guts wasnt literally human anymore. i mean with pointy ears and glowing eyes u called that human... ???

Top Bottom