Are we bigger fans than the Japanese Readers?

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
This kinda of silly but I've been curious ever since I originally read the "Speculation of Universal Porportions" Thread, way back when.
Do you think that the Japanese readers of the Beserk manga speculate and theorize as much as we do on this board? I've of course seen some Japanese fan sites and thought I cannot read them, their BBS systems don't look that used.
Enlighten me if possible.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
As far as communities go, we easily rule. But I have to say there are some dead sexy Berserk sites in Japan land.

Anyway, I think Olivier would be the one to ask. He frequents a few Japanese Berserk communities.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
i wonder if they are as quick tempered as well. btw, what about the italian fans? do they still bash paradiselost for fun these days?

Soul Blader

My blade seeks vengeance!!
Most Japanese readers tend to be more into pretty bishonen type heros.
I alot of Americans and westerners are into Berserk and Fist of The North Star because most of the characters in those manga are usually very macho and rough .

Locke11

Oompa Loompas For Sale!!!
Meaning, most of them like love shit, and we prefer stuff where someone gets there ass handed to them each episode with deep plot and mind melding evil power to control you? Well, I can verify part 2 of that...

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Soul Blader said:
I alot of Americans and westerners are into Berserk and Fist of The North Star because most of the characters in those manga are usually very macho and rough .

are these ignorant assumptions or do you actually visit japanese boards?

Soul Blader said:

i think thats an unfair generalization, dont you?

Locke11

Oompa Loompas For Sale!!!
That was a rephrasale of what he said basically, and I said I can verify part 2, meaning the deep plot, head exploiding storyline stuff. I have no idea on if they think like most of this board do, or if they think differently on a level of love shows ect, that was just what I got outta his post. I dont make wild generalizations, without knowing at least most of the truth.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Walter said:
As far as communities go, we easily rule. But I have to say there are some dead sexy Berserk sites in Japan land.
Got any examples? I'd be interested in seeing some of these sites... because they don't seem to exist, according to Google.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Got any examples? I'd be interested in seeing some of these sites... because they don't seem to exist, according to Google.
http://homepage2.nifty.com/side_b/ Best Berserk page on the net.

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Berserk, with certainty is the series more commented here in ocidente, either for its strong scenes or the charismatic caracters, but a thing is certain: If it was not for the success of mangá in Japan, we never would have the possibility to know this great workmanship that already lasts 10 years of publication, if it was not for the Japanese fans the TV series never would have been produced and with certainty, many of the old and new fans of Berserk, never would have known and if moved with the suffered life from Gatts! A thing that I noticed, is that the Japanese seem to be more sensible of than we, occidental people! The test is that in some sites on berserk it is having a campaign so that berserk has a happy end! We go to see if this campaign sensetizes a little the Miura! ;) ;)

Top Bottom