228 Speculation

Re:Chapter 227

wow grunbeld looks awesome in every pic there is of him in apostle form. i have a feeling this fight will last several episodes.

Re:Chapter 228

I m surprise that Walts actually move my post to a new thread :p

I m very excited when i found this preview, Guts march toward Grunbeld like he wasnt even there, he really treat the monster like nothing and this is where I felt the true power of the armor revealed. No matter how Grunbeld smashed, hit, crush him, he will not be stopped. So I had this bad feeling that both of them will end up in a gruesome battle...

Hell

Time to kill ;D

In the preview the helm of the armor seems to be diferent... Perhaps he already can controll it?

G

Genn21

Damn just look at the size of grunbeld ! He looks like hes sqaured off against guts man. Guess guts isnt sucking grunbelds toe , anymore. Ya look at the helm it looks like its got 2 prongs on the side. You think schierke has made that special contact with guts , or something and hes ready to take controll in 228 ? looks mighty fuckin interesting. ( gooo grunbeldd gooo you made a great main character !!! )

Is grunbelds tail , not the coolest thing ever ?

M

medievald00d

ya know, Guts kinda looks like batman with those pointy things at the side of his head...anyone notice that?

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

Guts seems more like Orion of the new gods to me. Anyway they are not fighting in that particular pic. A truce, maybe ?

G

Genn21

roberto999 said:
Guts seems more like Orion of the new gods to me. Anyway they are not fighting in that particular pic. A truce, maybe ?

Or the calm before the storm.

i think its just a picture to show the confidence both grunbeld and gatsu have in this fight, no truce. Seeing the momentum of the fight how could there be any truce. Someone has to die or someone has to interfere, no truce. SO UNCALLED FOR.

O

Ozmo

Probably just the cliche scene where the two combatants stare at each other in a generally nasty manner before continueing the fight.

Or maybe Guts is doing just that and Grunbeld is playing along and waiting for him to bleed to death. ;D

Anybody know what the sound FX we see in the picture is btw?

Ozmo said:
Or maybe Guts is doing just that and Grunbeld is playing along and waiting for him to bleed to death. ;D

Anybody know what the sound FX we see in the picture is btw?

Heh, that would be a crap way to end the battle.

"Go o o o o o.." if i still remember my katakana correctly.

O

Ozmo

Rumil Erutan said:
Heh, that would be a crap way to end the battle.

"Go o o o o o.." if i still remember my katakana correctly.

So maybe it's a two page thing that goes something like "Round two! Fight!"? ;D

Errr... go as in the english word, or the japanese number five? ???

roberto999 said:
Anyway they are not fighting in that particular pic. A truce, maybe ?

That might be the opening page of 228

Ozmo said:
Grunbeld is playing along and waiting for him to bleed to death. ;D

Grunbeld doesnt even seem to noticed that he is bleeding profusely...

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?

Ozmo said:
Errr... go as in the english word, or the japanese number five? ???

"Go" as in the sound effect. If it were five or "go" (as in "leave, move, etc.") they would've just used kanji or hiragana.

O

Ozmo

Oh, so it's literally "go". What does this sound effect usually mean then? I'm having a hard time trying to think of anything that makes the sound "go". :-\

Btw, no use talking to me about hiragana and katakana. All I remember is that they are some really complicated stuff and kanji is the really, really complicated stuff. ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Chill out about "Go". If you actually payed attention to the previous sound effects Miura uses during dramatic moments, you'd be far more disturbed than this single instance of "Go".

It's for dramatic effect, not an answer to the riddle of the chemistry between these two monolithic beings of great destruction.

I'm hungover. So what if I'm cranky?

O

Ozmo

I wouldn't know about his previous use of sound effects, as I really can't read them at all. But since you say it's no big deal I'll just ignore it then.

Even though I still can't figure out how "go" can be used as a sound effect to inspire dramatic effect. :-\

P

psymont

perhaps it is a groaning sound either created by the wind or, uh hmmm, ehh, - grunbelds joints ?!?

Psymont said:
perhaps it is a groaning sound either created by the wind or, uh hmmm, ehh, - grunbelds joints ?!?

I was kinda thinking it could be that Grunbeld dramatically put his feet/paws down or something, imagine a giant dragon doing the sumo thing and the sound of his feet crashing into the earth echoing around.

Could just be a staring each other down sound.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?

Ozmo said:
Btw, no use talking to me about hiragana and katakana. All I remember is that they are some really complicated stuff and kanji is the really, really complicated stuff. ;D

Kanji=The complicated symbols that each mean at least one (often multiple) words.

Hiragana=Phonetic alphabet used for some words and inflection on kanji (the little curvy ones.)

Katakana=Phonetic alphabet used for loan (read foreign) words and sound effects in manga (the little boxy ones.)

(I know this is probably pretty simplified, so if anyone wants to add on to this, it's fine.)

Ozmo said:
I wouldn't know about his previous use of sound effects, as I really can't read them at all. But since you say it's no big deal I'll just ignore it then.

Even though I still can't figure out how "go" can be used as a sound effect to inspire dramatic effect. :-\

If you've ever seen some of the sound effects used in manga, you would've been wondering that a long time ago. ^^;

Top Bottom