Guts' father*spoilers*

Nosferatuu

I'm a llama!
this partially a joke post cause i dont think Miura would do this to his main char.
based on absolutely nothing, i could theorize that Guts' mom was a heretic(well maybe cause she was hung). therefore wouldnt that make the goat god guy Guts' father? ;D
oh yea also a question:
did the goat guy in Albion turn into that monster goat because of the egg apostle? did the egg apostle also give Mozgus super powers?

Nosferatuu said:
did the goat guy in Albion turn into that monster goat because of the egg apostle? did the egg apostle also give Mozgus super powers?

Didnt u read through the manga? or u just dun hav vol 19-20? :eek:

Nosferatuu

I'm a llama!
yeh i have both vols. from what i remember the egg guy was talking about helping some people and they show that goat horns and mozgus' wings, so i assumed they got their power from him.
also in that orgy scene with Nina/Joachim when the HICKS attack, the goat guy tries to escape through a hole but cant because of his goat mask. and then something weird tentacle thing pokes him and he becomes the monster goat. its hard to tell sometimes whats going on in the panels cause their contrast is set so high :-\

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
well, those tentacles are the Behi Apostle's. They made the heritic priest and Mozgus & Friends into apostle-spawn.

The guy in the goat mask being Guts father? Now you're just grasping at straws. Oh, and they tend to do worse things to heritics then just hang them.

Nosferatuu

I'm a llama!
yeh i know i was kidding, but its not completely out of the question though. i mean at that time (20? yrs ago) it could be that heretics punishment was less than what it is now..
and the goat fella "does" pretty much anyone.. ;)

Eh, the goat thing was yeah, not a bad joke, but not a good theory. :p But i thought i heard somewhere that the church symbol
online.gif
was around somewhere near the tree. *shrug* that would make it pretty clearly a heretic execution. Anyway, that doesn't mean she was a heretic, just that she was charged as one.

O

Ozmo

It's highly unlikely that the goat creature managed to shag all of the heretics in Midland. ::)

It's not 100% Guts was even born there actually. The distances aren't all that big, the Band of the Hawk used to be in Chuda for at least a while when Griffith was selling his arse to that fat bearded dude for example.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
himura_kenshin said:
Eh, the goat thing was yeah, not a bad joke, but not a good theory. :p But i thought i heard somewhere that the church symbol
online.gif
was around somewhere near the tree.
yea, on the tombstones in the graveyard around the tree. Would you think anything of there being Crosses in a graveyard?

I'm sure theres a "goat guy" for every group of pagans.

Well just a reminder, does this church symbol symbolise the brand of sarcrifice... ?

online.gif

I mean i m somehow over imaginative, but it really look like it somehow, that spiral things look like the diamond shape in the brand to me, that hawk on the top also had very similiar appearance on the brand tip... :-\

O

Ozmo

Reminds me a lot more of the Idea of Evil actually. There's obviously a connection, but we'll have to wait for Miura (or Hague) to tell us what it is.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Like Majin already mentioned, that symbol is most likely just used as a marker for the dead in that scene.

Smith said:
Well just a reminder, does this church symbol symbolise the brand of sarcrifice... ?

online.gif

I mean i m somehow over imaginative, but it really look like it somehow, that spiral things look like the diamond shape in the brand to me, that hawk on the top also had very similiar appearance on the brand tip... :-\

Already come up before. While possible I guess, there's really not much to go on about that right now really. ^^;

If gut's mom was a heretic, thats another connection to Serpico baby [The Bastard Son of Fate].

The Hawk is used as a symbol in the church and it also has a obvious connections to Griffith. While we have to wait for Miura to portray more to make a full connection, one thing Berserk has always tried to show us is that the difference between 'good' and 'evil', or the difference between angels and demons is very little if anything at all (Griffith after the fight with Zodd)

obvious connection? i'd say that's an overstatement. I think the idea of a connection between that symbol and the brand of sacrifice is a possibility at best. I doubt it, partly because it has an extra diamond at the bottom. There's a big difference between making inferences from something that is the brand of sacrifice and something that would be the brand of sacrifice if you cut off the bottom. Furthermore, correct me if i'm wrong on this, but the symbol only looks that way when it's drawn. If it's physically place on the top of a staff or pole of some kind, it's actually just two things wrapped around and doesn't look so much like the brand. Also, is that thing for sure a hawk? I mean, couldn't it just be a dove, a fairly common religious symbol? Don't get me wrong, i still think there's a possible connection, but i'd think it's probably just a coincidence.

yea, on the tombstones in the graveyard around the tree. Would you think anything of there being Crosses in a graveyard?

No, but i didn't know it was on a tombstone, i just heard about it somewhere *shrug*. maybe she wasn't a heretic then.

lye

Nihilist!
me either, if its a religous symbol, and the brand it put on by the god hand, they both have to do with god. sounds simple to me, and i think its more then a possiblity

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The Vatican herald The Hawk as their saviour. They set up a direct Christ-like figure for Griffith to wear. The Vatican (specifically Mozgus) also helped out in the events surrounding Griffith's reincarnation.

If you need more direct proof, listen to what Smith is saying. Or, just look at what I made back in the day:

brand.jpg
symbol.jpg

Here's the images that you're used to seeing a lot, but let's look deeper...

crown.jpg

This is a zoom-in of the crest of the Brand. Looks pretty similar, eh?

symbol.gif

The Vatican's symbol.

ANother parallel is if we continue the brand's pattern:

stem.jpg

Hmm.. Looks mysteriously similar to the bottom of the Hawk symbol, no?

In conclusion, I think the connection is obvious, even without this detective snooping.

well Walt i agrees with u... the only different i can see is that the hawk appear bigger than the tip at the brand and the spiral circled around the centre more than the diamond shape of the brand...

i guess the best pics of the brand u can find in the manga is the fire shape (at the refugee camp below Abion tower) in vol 21. ;)

And the only difference i can see is the hawk size at the top, the fact that one has clearly rounded curves and the other has clearly sharp angular curves, one has 2 diamonds and one has 3, one is a flat 2-D symbol, and one is a 3-D spiral that looks somewhat like the other symbol only because it's perceived as 2-D. And the hawk size differnce is huge. One is twice as wide as the whole emblem, and the other is a tiny spec at the top of a line. I won't say it's impossible. As a matter of fact i wouldn't be all that surprised if there is a connection. But calling it obvious? I just don't see that.

Top Bottom