Skullknight's motive

Why didn't SK kill Griffith before the eclipse?

• He didn't know who was the latest GH

Votes: 23 88.5%
  • He wanted to use the eclipse to finish all of the GH at once

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He tried but was stopped by Zodd

• He had a purpose for letting the GH to be complete

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • He know it is fruitless as another man would replace Griffith

• He was too lazy to kill Griffith

• Post your other opinion here

• Total voters
Well u guys might have say unavoidable, but with SK ability there is no way he cant kill Griffith, but y he didnt resort to that?

For all those possibility stated above, option 1 would be the least possible as SK should know best who is the latest member, else he wouldnt hv find Guts. Nevertheless i still post that as an option for u guys to hv ur choice

M

medievald00d

Didnt expect anything less from our good ol' pal smithy here...

I say that causality wouldnt let him. Ever read Timeline? Good example of causality explanation in it.

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
I agree with phoenixfenix, sk probably never had the occasion to be near griffith before the eclipse... Maybe he can't even interact in the material world (and could only act when branded people, wizards or apostles are present making normal people stand in the interstice. I don't know if you understood what I mean but sk never seem to be seen when everything is normal...)

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
Smith said:
Well u guys might have say unavoidable, but with SK ability there is no way he cant kill Griffith, but y he didnt resort to that?

For all those possibility stated above, option 1 would be the least possible as SK should know best who is the latest member, else he wouldnt hv find Guts. Nevertheless i still post that as an option for u guys to hv ur choice

Why would Skully want to killl Griffith?

lye

Nihilist!
maybe he wanted to leave him to guts for revenge, i dont know, maybe he doesnt see him as a theart, or maybe there are other reasons, its kinda hard to see the way he thinks when we dont know that much about him

maybe he wanted to leave him to guts for revenge, i dont know, maybe he doesnt see him as a theart, or maybe there are other reasons, its kinda hard to see the way he thinks when we dont know that much about him

errr.. you realize, if he would've killed griffith right there, gatts never would've had a reason to hate griff. Rather, he would hate sk for killing grif.

Maybe he can't even interact in the material world (and could only act when branded people, wizards or apostles are present making normal people stand in the interstice. I don't know if you understood what I mean but sk never seem to be seen when everything is normal...)

Pretty good theory, but SK, i believe, is in the interstice like gatts (who can clearly interact with the physical world).

I say that causality wouldnt let him.

Causality in the berserk world has set things up or caused things to happen, probably like the behelit saving grif from the poison arrow. I haven't seen it blatantly defy laws of physics or anything. I don't remember, did Sk actually see grif before the eclipse? If he did, i don't see what causality did to stop him. It's not like he started charging down a hill, and then *SMACK* "ow! there's a big invisible wall of causality in the way!" :p

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
himura_kenshin said:
Pretty good theory, but SK, i believe, is in the interstice like gatts (who can clearly interact with the physical world).

Thanks, I was thinking nobody cares about this theory I found interesting (well it's mine so... well.) Maybe SK was in the interstice but I think that now he may be more than one step ahead in the astral world (especially if the armor did something to its physical body like bleeding it to death)

himura_kenshin said:
errr.. you realize, if he would've killed griffith right there, gatts never would've had a reason to hate griff. Rather, he would hate sk for killing grif.

Are you saying that SK's motive is to make Gatts and Griff fight each other?? What is he- a gladiator manager??? To me this is so utterly stupid. But then we can't still know what Miura's expectations with BERSERK are.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
xechnao said:
errr.. you realize, if he would've killed griffith right there, gatts never would've had a reason to hate griff. Rather, he would hate sk for killing grif. Are you saying that SK's motive is to make Gatts and Griff fight each other?? What is he- a gladiator manager??? To me this is so utterly stupid. But then we can't still know what Miura's expectations with BERSERK are.

no, but he'd gain an ally by doing things the way he did. This is more probable than your WoD ties....

xechnao said:
Are you saying that SK's motive is to make Gatts and Griff fight each other?? What is he- a gladiator manager??? To me this is so utterly stupid. But then we can't still know what Miura's expectations with BERSERK are.

The quote "maybe he wanted to leave him to guts for revenge" requires that gatts wanted revenge. If skullknight WOULD HAVE interfered, gatts wouldn't have wanted revenge. I don't know how i can make this any clearer, Gatts wants revenge because of what grif did. If sk would've interfered, gatts wouldn't have wanted revenge, so there would be no problem. Therefore, the idea that he wanted to leave grif for gatts to revenge doesn't make any sense!

My thought was that he let him be so he the eclipse would start and he could try and take them all out.He did burst in there and go after Void. And that's basically his goal anyway, to destroy GH.

himura_kenshin said:
The quote "maybe he wanted to leave him to guts for revenge" requires that Guts wanted revenge. If skullknight WOULD HAVE interfered, Guts wouldn't have wanted revenge. I don't know how i can make this any clearer, Guts wants revenge because of what grif did. If sk would've interfered, Guts wouldn't have wanted revenge, so there would be no problem. Therefore, the idea that he wanted to leave grif for Guts to revenge doesn't make any sense!

My thought was that he let him be so he the eclipse would start and he could try and take them all out.He did burst in there and go after Void. And that's basically his goal anyway, to destroy GH.

It is a big confusion now. You believe that SK wanted Guts to want revenge or not?

Darok [Burning House] said:
no, but he'd gain an ally by doing things the way he did.
Propably.
This is more probable than your WoD ties....
This is just a bit irrelevant.

May I ask a question? Why didn't the SK attack Griffith at the second eclipse? He tried to stop the egg apostle but didn't approach Griffith when he reappeared at dawn. This is the second question I guess of this thread about this.

xechnao said:
May I ask a question? Why didn't the SK attack Griffith at the second eclipse? He tried to stop the egg apostle but didn't approach Griffith when he reappeared at dawn. This is the second question I guess of this thread about this.

Wow... Practising triple post?!! :eek:

I was suspecting that SK was Griff's sex partner that y he didnt stop him in both event...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Congrats, you've mastered the triple post of doom!!!

xechnao said:

Anyway, this has been brought up before, aklbeit for more productive purposes. But, if we use common sense and our knowledge of the story, one might suspect thay Skully didn't want, or couldn't strike Griffith down. His presence there was hard to miss, he also didn't attempt to stop Zoddo, although it was suggested they engaged eachother earlier (just as it was outside the first Eclipse, only with Zoddo doing the "saving" this time). Perhaps it isn't unclear, I seem to remember something about Skully staying his hand when striking at the Behelit Apostle. I don't quite remember the details, but he may not have been able to kill him either. There was a "perfect World" in the making afterall. =)

Anyway, I appreciate the perfect role reversals of the Eclipses. Just as the first ended with Zoddo watching Skully ride off with Guts, the second ended with Skully watching Zoddo fly off with Griffith. Ain't it grand. ;)

-Griffith

P.S. We can also infer that the Zodoo/Skully scorecard is 1 and 1, with a probable draw this time around.

Griffith said:
Perhaps it isn't unclear, I seem to remember something about Skully staying his hand when striking at the Behelit Apostle. I don't quite remember the details, but he may not have been able to kill him either. There was a "perfect World" in the making afterall. =)

I am not sure I follow.

O

Ozmo

I don't think Skully would have even been able to kill Griffith. Griffith is now supposed to be this incredibly powerful supernatural creature that nothing in this world can match and apparently able to manipulate fate in some degree. So Skull Knight could have ended up dropping his sword somewhere, having his horse trip on some rubble etc.

Would have been one of the coolest scenes in the series yet actually. ;D

Ozmo said:
So Skull Knight could have ended up dropping his sword somewhere, having his horse trip on some rubble etc.

That y i didnt mention the rebirth of Griff, but be4 he was even a GH, SK could hv easily finish him off with Guts watching helplessly (wat can he do anyway... ::))

Yet it is not possible that SK were to beaten flat if he tried to attack Griff at the tower, dun forget he manage to attack Void and dogde the blow from Femto, escaping the Eclipse unharmed... ;)

Griffith said:
Perhaps it isn't unclear, I seem to remember something about Skully staying his hand when striking at the Behelit Apostle. I don't quite remember the details, but he may not have been able to kill him either. There was a "perfect World" in the making afterall. =)

Yes, if the translation we have is accurate, he said something about his sword not being ready to slay the Apostle. So Skully's sword may be sentient, or perhaps some sort of "causality at work, don't fuck with it" detector.

O

Ozmo

Hmmm... no idea about why he didn't kill Griffith when he was still flesh and blood. Maybe the same reason? Griffith is destined to suffer yet survive, so all attempts at killing him would fail, be it by the strenght of his protectors or just blind luck. This is just guessing, but pretty much the only explanation I can think of.

It might be possible that the God Hand at the Eclipse weren't able to influence chance like Griffith now is and errr... ok, this theory is getting more unlikely by the second so I'll just scrap it for now. :)

fors

Burning Rage !!!
What I actualy think that happened is that SK was watching griffith (Probably waiting for the eclipse so he could charge over the whole GH) and he saw his relationship with gatts and perhaps he thought of warning him or perhaps he thought that he could change that before it happened, anyway he was probably thinking that gutts would`nt be able to survive so when he jumps inside to exterminate GH he is amazed that he is still alive and decides to pospone his attack to save gutts it is like a small victory agaisnt GH and casualty.

So at the end I guess in my opinion it is a mix between taking Gh down in the eclipse and knowing that if it wasn´t griffith there would be someone else, mmm this makes me think. do you think? there is only one crimson behelit? or maybe thare are several around the world and only one is choose ?

H

Herald of Galactor

I just had a strange thought: If a GH is reincarnated every 1000 years( give or take.) then maybe SK was waiting for them to be completed so that one would be reincarnated and then he would strike! Of course, he was probably hoping Void would be the one reincarnated so that he could deal Idea a serious blow. Unfortunately, Griffith was the one chosen and he was invested with more power than ever, so Skully wasn't even able to get close-this time.

Top Bottom