Young Animal

bakaneko

Current favorite character : Tohru Honda
Is young animal a popular manga magazine ? I only know two others Weekly shounen jump which i believe is very popular and hana no yume.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Is young animal a popular manga magazine ? I only know two others Weekly shounen jump which i believe is very popular and hana no yume.
There are several others. Judging from the Japanese Bookstore where I used to get mine, it wasn't very popular at all... Jump will always be popular since its able to shit out the crap that every shounen fan wants once a week. Go Shounen Jump. :-X

bakaneko

is that a compliment ?:-/ Shounen Jump is able to do that I guess its because those artists are more dedicated to their work. IMO Jump is both good in quality and quantity.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
is that a compliment ?:-/ Shounen Jump is able to do that I guess its because those artists are more dedicated to their work. IMO Jump is both good in quality and quantity.
Sorry. Im just not the biggest Shounen manga fan...

puella

Berserk forever
yup, if Young Animal were as popular as Jump, I could get berserk much easier than now. we have hundreds of Japanese online bookstore but just one shop sells YA  3-4 weeks later than in Japan. :-X
and the rest of them only deal with subscription to YA.
I really really hope Miura changes berserk publisher into other one ;D so that I may get berserk much faster.
YA should be to blame for this because no manga is worth reading except berserk.

Wereallmad: what have you been doing now? Weren't you gonna hold the copyright of berserk?  ;D :D ;)

*** shit, I'm tired of waiting for recent(?)-ha! could this be called recent? - berserk chapter. If I were rich, I'd quit this stupid way of subscription and got into three times faster way than now.

I really really hope Miura changes berserk publisher into other one ;D
Not a very good idea, in my opinion. ^^;
In Young Animal, Miura is God.
In another magazine, he wouldn't necessarily be anymore, and he'd have to deal with his new editor's opinions... That could get ugly.

bakaneko

Ya if i were him i would stick with current position at YA. I mean if he goes to a better mag then he might not like the fact that he wont get the break he needs :). he probably have tried before but its probably because the violence and nudity that some mags are hesitant to hire him... wonder if he will write a new title after berserk...

D

Drachenfels

he probably have tried before but its probably because the violence and nudity that some mags are hesitant to hire him...

Probably not.

puella

Berserk forever
Well, these days, I've come to like one manga other than Berserk in YA. It's "futari ecchi", "two(two persons) H" in English. A story about the sex and love life of a young couple, Yura and Makoto.
It's really funny, especially the recent issues! Hahahahaha~
*dies laughing* *welling up in tears*

**What does H stand for? Anybody knows? ::)

Top Bottom