Godhand's True Enemy

Griffith doesn’t care about helping others or bringing about order. He’s simply using the Midlanders’ blind faith in the Hawk of the Light to his advantage. He’s creating this false hope so can fulfill his ambition in becoming the new ruler of Midland. Neo Griffith has yet to reveal his true motive. What he plans to do after becoming king is up to debate, but I doubt that Griffith would have any interest in creating peace and prosperity.

Using what you think Griffith will do or what you think his intentions are, are in no way a valid defense or justification for your arguement. The fact of the matter is that the "neo" griffith is not doing any of the things you claimed he was to do. He is doing the exact opposite.

Hence,

but as a wise man once told me, "I only vaguely see a connection in your theory. It seems to only exist ... in theory."

fors

Burning Rage !!!
I also think that the godhand is neutral I mean if they ask for a sacrifice is because they are going to give something important to the person doing the sacrifice I mean it has always been like this in mithology In nowadays there are people who doesn´t eat for several time and they do it because they are asking for something to their god or to get enlighten, so it is just a normal exchange as for the evil actions of apostols it might be because a lot of power always corrupts people at the end they are just humans in their minds with some corrupted desires.

Guts I think he isn´t evil or good either he is just human too so I think he is more like the representation of justice

2Rivers1Dragon

I'm worse than a llama!
elhinnaw said:
Using what you think Griffith will do or what you think his intentions are, are in no way a valid defense or justification for your arguement. The fact of the matter is that the "neo" griffith is not doing any of the things you claimed he was to do. He is doing the exact opposite.

Hence,

You wanted the facts that back up my opinion, so I looked them up.

In Griffith’s conversation with Princess Charlotte he reveals that his dream is all that he cares about. He also says what he really feels about the people who follow him.
“A dream. . . It’s something you do for yourself not for others.” (Vol. 6, Ch.6, pg.125).
“They are willing to sacrifice their lives for my dream, but to me they are not my friends.” (vol. 6 chapter 6 pg.131)
He doesn’t say anything about how much he loves the Band of the Hawk or how he is inspiring hope in the common people.

When Guts tells Griffith that he’s leaving, Griffith reveals his true feelings for Guts.
“Your sword and your death belong to me.”(vol. 8. ch. 9 pg. 198)
It seems more like he regards Guts as a tool than as a friend.

Right before their duel, Guts remembers what he heard Griffith say once.
“I will fight whoever tries to break my dream…even if it’s myself.”(vol. 8 Ch. 9 pg.207)
Griffith doesn’t say anything about wanting to fight and die for the people. He wants to realize his dream.

After Gennon is defeated by the Band of the Hawk, he questions Griffith about their past relationship. This is Griffith’s response.
“I don’t feel and never felt anything for you. Neither Hatred nor Affection. Nothing….
I was in search for something and you were there…that’s all. Because you are like a tiny pebble along my path, That’s…all.”
(Vol. 8 Chapter.2 pg.198)
This is another instance where he uses someone as a tool to get what he wants.

Void addresses Griffith and the eclipse and reveals what he must do to reach his goal. “Aim for that Castle of the Sky. Continue to pile upon those bodies. That is who you are.”.(Vol 12 chapter9 pg.184)
He uses people’s bodies as a freakin’ bridge. I think he may regard them as tools. Now I don’t know what the current Griffith is thinking, but his past actions and thoughts kind of reveal that he does what he must to reach his goal. He’s inspired hope before, but that’s not his goal. He’s just repeating what he did in the past. Gaining the support of the common people and building a powerful army to win battles. It is a false hope that he’s creating to use these people as tools to reach his dream. Griffith usually says that he only cares about his dreams and not the well being of others. I don’t think he’s wants to make life better for the people of Midland.

Top Bottom