My Theory on Skull Knight, Gaiseric, and Void.

Scarred

I am the apostle of Samson. FEAR ME!
I actually posted this on another topic, so it sounds a little bit strange as the first post.
Anyway:

I personally think that Skull Knight was the past Guts. There was also some past Griffith (who became a femto-like figure, and was then reincarnated). Skull Knight was branded, and became a warrior like Guts, inbetween life and death.

He HATED the old Griffith, and eventually killed the reincarnation. He then went on to take over the nation.

Notice how they say that fate goes in a spiral, not a circle. Skull knight suggested that Guts would become exactly like him, which would mean that history was going to completely repeat itself. Instead, it seems that things don't have to be the same way. Since SK compares himself to Guts, and believed that fate was a perfect circle, it doesn't make sense that he would have been the fifth Godhand.

Anyway, after Skull Knight had conquered the world, he had "beaten" his rival, and the Godhand. Of course, things aren't so easy. You can't win everything with a sword. Void, probably a close friend of Skull Knight, and someone high in political status, summons the God hand.

He summons the Godhand, and will now become their new Fifth member.

His sacrifice: The kingdom of Gaiseric, midland.

Only 4 angels descend, but 5 of them (Including the newly transformed Void) attack his kingdom. He slaughters all but Void, but his kingdom is destroyed anyway. Void returns to his own realm, and new Godhands are born, until the time when Griffith can become the new 5th one, and Guts can be the new Skull Knight.

Skull Knight spent so much time in between realms (the place where Guts is), that his body seemingly turned into a corpse, but is still spiritually alive, so he continues to move, and still grows in power.

Well, at leasts that's the theory. It does have some flaws though. Although I think that has more to do with inherent flaws in the lines of SK and the actual story. It would make much more sense that he was Griffith, and yet he identifies with Guts. I would rather go by his word, since he's an honest guy, and Guts would probably slaughter everyone and take over Midland without the interference from Skull Knight.

M

medievald00d

I dunno, i always imagined That Void used to be like Skully, fighting the god hand to protect free will and fight causality when it reared its ugly head. I also imagine that Void, along with Skully and Zodd defeat the godhand, and that Void becomes the next godhand. I figure Skully has a good conscience, and with the power given to him by Void, he fights back. Zodd sides with Void.

As for the cycle, I figure Guts and co. will help Skully defeat the Godhand. Then Skully will become the next Void, and Guts will become the next Skully.

Feel free to flame all.

Scarred

The main point of my theory, is that SK was not the 5th godhand. Instead, he was the branded one.

tonberrykid02

Berserk is genius....pure genius!
ive always thought that SK wants revenge on Void for something, but he couldn't get it as a mere human, so he uses a behelit. his sacrifice was his kingdom. Void is like griffith, and SK is like Gatts.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
About Skull Knight, I think he was a branded one from void, and he escaped somehow, and i think he obtained a armor that curutped him to the point to make him look the way he is, and Guts has obtained a similiar armor much like skull knights, and this armor unleashes the demon within to give power but skull was able to control it because a charm or tailisman flora gave him, and guts is heading in the same direction but he's going to rid the armor and get back his old armor because he might start training to use his power's or demon powers within himself without the armor to curupt him

Scarred

Guts' armor doesn't corrupt him. It just frees him of distractions. His natural form is that of a psycopathic killer.

Skull Knight is much more refined than Guts was. He also uses a fairly normal sized sword. I don't think he had the same anger issues that Guts does.

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
I think Skull knight's armor (his current one, anyway) was forged so that his ethereal self could maintain its ego within the astral plane, as well as affect the corporeal world. He is, after all, quite dead, and as flora once stated, all spirits eventually end up in the the great vortex.

IgnusDei said:
I think Skull knight's armor (his current one, anyway) was forged so that his ethereal self could maintain its ego within the astral plane, as well as affect the corporeal world. He is, after all, quite dead, and as flora once stated, all spirits eventually end up in the the great vortex.

So is he a cursed one or a privelleged one?
In Berserk behind each character there is a motivation of action and so Skullknight has his. He is much more than a vagant soul on the corporeal world. As Guts lives by his hatred against Griffith, Skullknight remains hanged to the corporeal world by his desire of vengence. So Guts and Skullknight indeed could share the similar spin of Karma. This means that indeed the Skullknight could be an exbranded one, as Guts is. But for this we can't speak for sure yet.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
xechnao said:
So is he a cursed one or a privelleged one?
In Berserk behind each character there is a motivation of action and so Skullknight has his. He is much more than a vagant soul on the corporeal world. As Guts lives by his hatred against Griffith, Skullknight remains hanged to the corporeal world by his desire of vengence. So Guts and Skullknight indeed could share the similar spin of Karma. This means that indeed the Skullknight could be an exbranded one, as Guts is. But for this we can't speak for sure yet.
Focus on the Spiral.
Guil

Scarred

SK doesn't need the armor to stay on this plane. Remember, Guts is dead. He isn't fully in the physical realm. It has been said that if he stays in this state for long enough his body will grow old and die, but the spirit will keep living, and he will just walk around the way he does. I think SK's body has long been disintegrated, and he just happens to wear skull armor. The armor fits his soul, but the body is gone. That is why there is just a void inside.

Scarred said:
Guts is dead.

As far as we know he is not... living in the interstice doesnt mean he is dead... just like Flora and Sherike, in fact it might even prolonged his life. And that would also mean possessing power beyond anyone capability, just like magic which ppl living in the mortal realm doesnt have... (this might be a very good reason as to why his desire for revenge turn into a living form like the beast)

Top Bottom