Biggest Change Ever...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
A while back, days after we were virtually forced to ban Paradiselost, I got an email that said:

"
...hi Wally...

...I'm sorry you took your idiot decision...

...however, I'll respect it, no problem...

...but, I really hope you'll be able to respct my next decision, boy...

...I'm really sorry...

(((((((((((((((((((

... what's a pity...

-Paradiselost
"

pit·y (pt)
n. pl. pit·ies
1) Sympathy and sorrow aroused by the misfortune or suffering of another.
2) A matter of regret: It's a pity she can't attend the reception.

There...

Today I got this email.

"We at Hakusensha Inc. is a publishing company
of BERSERK.
Thank you for your reading our comics, but as you
notice, it is illegal to use any of Berserk illustrations as
well as our other comics' illustrations.

Please delete Berserk illustrations and related comments
immediately, and please do not use them from now on.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hakusensha Inc.
Rights Management Division
"

Which means, bye bye to scans. Im not even going to attempt to go against Hakusensha, they fully have the right to take legal action against me. Personally Im very satisfied with this, since all I have to do is remove scans. It was bound to happen one day, however...I think its safe to say that you can blame Paradiselost for contacting Hakusensha, since he had contacted them a few weeks earlier about the relevance of "Chapter 83". Yes, it is safe to blame Paradiselost for ruining the fun for everyone.

Oh and on a completely seperate note, email is:
paradiselost@iol.it

PS: Yes it really was Hakusensha, the mail came from the PR guy @hakusensha.co.jp

CnC

Ad Oculos
I'm fine with just the books...

...however it does blow goat balls and shows us all how childish a person can be.

Also, was this a "cease and desist" order or was it "please stop"?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well I think you can make it what you want it to be. Actual legal action or not, I personally am not going to go against anything they say. I fully admit (and always have) that the majority of this site is illegal, we've all just been waiting for this moment to come. And it finally did.

Several months back, before this BBS came into form there were those (myself included) that believed that perhaps it was my site, and my scans that brought the strange feeling of desperation that happens to the boards in-between breaks and chapters to the Berserk community. Long before we were able to read a new chapter every 2 weeks, we had to wait 8 months for books, which completely changed the things that were discussed. And we were completely satisfied with it. Many refer to that time on BSOM as the best of times in the community.

Perhaps this is just what we needed for this community. Smaller, more concentrated and less hectic...Perhaps.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Well, I guess the majority of the members here will have to rely on Oliver's early summary desciptions of new chapters for now on.

One things is for sure, I am going to get off my lazy ass, go to the nearest Japanese comic shop and subscribe for the Young Animal magazine!!

No doubt they will think I order it for the smut :-/

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hehe, I always loathe the looks I get when I walk in the store. "ooooooh YANGU ANIMARU, fo FURANKU SUMISU?"
"EEEEEH NEEE CHAN YO! Honto BIG BOOBIES!"

But its not smut, its mostly just girls in bikini's with their boobs hanging out.

I encourage all of you to look into getting a subscription to Young Animal. It's a little costly (around $8.00 with shipping)but if you want to see Chapters from now on, its gonna be the only way.

Yes, it is safe to blame Paradiselost for ruining the fun for everyone.

I think it could be someone else... Like our friend "dont-get-gatted", for example... And I bet Yong is a happy man, now...
I mean, we don't have any proofs, do we?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think it could be someone else... Like our friend "don't-get-gatted", for example... And I bet Yong is a happy man, now...
I mean, we don't have any proofs, do we?
And we wont have any proof, but its EXTREMELY ciscumstantial evidence. Paradise had contacted Hakusensha earlier in the month, and after we banned him, he used the words: "my next decision" then a week later I get a mail from hakusensha...Very interesting.

Dont-get-gatted is MikeT. Of that I have no doubt.

P

paradiselost

...well, what can I say...

...I'm really unhappy for what's happened...finally I'm able again to read this BBS, and I'm really happy you decided to let me able to write here again...

:-)

...I'm not the responsible of what's happened around here, 'cause here in Italy is really difficult to buy and most of all to find Young Animal, and, almost, it's just impossible, so that, it could have been a stronge damage for me (as it is now) not to read anymore the news of Berserk...

:-(

...however, I'm sorry for people who decided to accuse me immediatly, and I write a great "thankssss" to Oliver...

;)

see you...

Daniel

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
All,

What done is done, regardless who is to blame.

All we can do is rise above this situation and move forward.

We need to talk about what we all set aside time to come here for.....BERSERK!!!!! 8)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
the first thing i did when i got back home was get on the computer and i got online, then whats this i read on Walters front page "paradiselost fucks every one over" I say we ban him again well thats what i say but my word dosn't matter.
-David
p.s. hope you liked my e-mail paradiseshit.

And I bet Yong is a happy man, now...

um, shouldnt Hakusensha know about his site as well? its even worse(i would say "more" illegal, but its really all the same no matter how many scans you have)than Walter's new chapter scans...
just a thought...

um, shouldnt Hakusensha know about his site as well? its even worse(i would say "more" illegal, but its really all the same no matter how many scans you have)than Walter's new chapter scans...

Yeah, I think it's worse, and yeah, I think they should know, but I wouldn't denounce him, personally...

But then again, he could be the one who denounced Walter because he was "publicly humiliated" (yet again) on these boards a few days ago... ^^;

But then again, he could be the one who denounced Walter because he was "publicly humiliated" (yet again) on these boards a few days ago... ^^;

he was??

and i seriously think Hakusensha should know about his site...

EDIT:

PPS: Dont inform Hakusensha of Yong's site. I dont want to pull some kind of tantrum and attack Yong in this childish fashion as well. If Hakusensha cant keep an eye on their own merchandise, and need a "bitter informant" to help them, well..thats just plain wrong. But thats just my opinion.

-Walter

nevermind......

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
Yeah it wouldn't make sense to pull down all the other manga sites... remember skullknight.net is a community and the scans were only a part of it  ;D (that wasn't directed towards olivier or walter, I know they already understand that).

Honestly I always come here for the bbs and faq updates, and to shoot the shizz with some cool berserk fans. Too bad Hakusensha doesn't see this as free publicity though, but you have to admit their PR guy wasn't an asshole.

All in all it's a shame, but life goes on...

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
It really is a shame, isn't it?

I wish this happened either a few weeks earlier, or a few later. It was becomming a really exciting part of the manga.

It's just not worth it to pay $8 per week for young animal, for me anyway. Oh well, i guess not much can be done really, it's Hakusensha's (I didn't bother checking the spelling) right to defend their material, and it could have been much much worse.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oh well, i guess not much can be done really, it's Hakusensha's (I didn't bother checking the spelling) right to defend their material, and it could have been much much worse.
Yes it could have. Get this though, they actually sent me a reply back after I told them that I would take the scans down immediately:

"Dear Mr. Walter Bernet,
Thank you very much for your quick response and
understanding.

We hope that you would enjoy our comics continuously.

Thank you.

Hakusensha Inc.
Rights and Management Division
"

:eek:

Theyre either ignorant, or just plain violently polite.

Top Bottom