Biggest Change Ever...

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Well... what can I say....  :'(

However... the BBS is still what enjoy the most coming here. There's no replacing people...

*ponders*

Could very well be Paradise Lost... or Yong... or anyone with a grudge and a whole lot of hangups. Don't really know, shouldn't really care... the deed is done.

Wrote a post before nailing Yong as the suspect, but I'm editing it now after he mailed me. According to him he didn't do it, and while I still don't know about that, he's right in the fact that I only know one side of the story, and doesn't have any facts to go on. And he's right about that. Was just pissed....

Anyway... guess we'll never know.

Just my thoughts...

On Yong's site:

10/04/01 > Proof Of Purchase Verification is now required to view the Translation(s). Please contact me about how to obtain the access..

I don't know what kind of "proof of purchase" is needed as I don't want to contact the guy anyway, but it could be a good thing?...
Of course, I still dislike the guy so I can't help but wonder if that could turn out to become some kind of "Skullknight member-free Yong Club" (I still can't see the point in scanning hundreds of pages only for people who actually have the manga), but hey... Who knows...

Fishbomb

I certainly don't hope so... and don't think so either. But... who knows? I guess he's taking steps in case someone should report his scans... unfortunately I don't think that it would matter to the company.

I guess we all have to wait until new volumes comes out now... I don't like it, but it's better than nothing. My biggest gripe will be that we can't have any proper translations anymore, or will Cronus still translate Walthers Young Animal?

Gah... gues I'll have to rely on Acclimate Solutions... *cringes*

I guess we all have to wait until new volumes comes out now... I don't like it, but it's better than nothing. My biggest gripe will be that we can't have any proper translations anymore, or will Cronus still translate Walthers Young Animal?
Gah... gues I'll have to rely on Acclimate Solutions... *cringes*

Acclimate Solutions will wait for new volumes as well, so that doesn't really make a difference...

Fishbomb

Acclimate Solutions will wait for new volumes as well, so that doesn't really make a difference...

I know that... what I meant was that when the new volume comes out, it is going to take forever to get translated, because all out talented translators here are people with lives. Translating a single chapter at a time takes long enough as it is... and doing an entire volume takes ages.

agh... probably not making much sense...

Translating a single chapter at a time takes long enough as it is... and doing an entire volume takes ages.

This is true, but I still plan to translate chapters as they come in(it's not like we're going to actually stop getting chapters in, as Frank buys them regardless), and we will post the translations as I go along, so that when the new volumes arrive, you can still catch up. I make no promises, however. ;)

fossfoss

i think he's gonna get his ass chewed....
what made paradiselost be banned in the first place? not that it REALLy matters, but i'm curisous....

what made paradiselost be banned in the first place? not that it REALLy matters, but i'm curisous....

I think him flooding the board, calling people nazis and claiming he was the only true Berserk fan around was the main reason behind his actual banning...

Ahmed

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
hey guys did u visit Yong's site? he put a new rules for accessing the scans checkitout ;D

http://yong.ariszone.com/berserk_1977/index.html

I just emailed him about getting this 'access', since I wanted to see how close his translation was to mine.  Olivier said it was almost too similar, so...
And since I have about 20 issues of Young Animal right here, well, it's not like he can deny me.  I asked him to email it to me.  He has to know who I am...
I'll post my findings when I get a reply.

UPDATE
Well, that didn't take long...here's the email.
---
"
By the way, here is my translation:

Page 3: "Oh, man. We can never get over this...
Well, as always it
happpens, though." "Caska(person's name)."

Page 4: "I got it."

Page 5: "What happened?" "It's cold, isn't it? Even
though I'm OK."

Page 6: "Oh, wait a minute!" "You ate all of it.
You didn't save it
for
Guts(person)." "Well I don't mind. You better eat
alot for yourself
since
you are swinging a sword everyday all day long."
"Well, it's harder
than I
thought. Recently, there are many ghoasts and evil
spirits upthere."
"To
swing a sword to save someone is ..."

Page 7: "Hey, wear your clothes or you get cold."
"...but what hurts
me
more is ..."
"

You must give me the serial number of the young animal
magazine along wiht the receipt of the purchase to
ensure your true ownership of the purchase..the number
I request is the one on the back of the
magazine...with barcode next it. For me to send you
the access code to that particular issue

Yong
---
I don't think it really resembles mine/Olivier's too much...
But as far as I'm concerned, I think what he's doing is pretty ridiculous, as I think my/Olivier's work is better, but I could just be biased :)

I don't think it really resembles mine/Olivier's too much...

He changed it! ^____^;

I don't know if he tried to change his first "translation" by making it a bit more different, or if he decided to rely on his translator to make a _true_ translation, but that definitely wasn't the translation he first posted.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
IF ANYONE IS READING THIS AND HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE REMOVAL OF THE SCANS, PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR A FREE OF CHARGE HOLIDAY IN CROATIA. THANK YOU.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
I wanted to write so much about Berserk today.
I re read the volumes again and I had so many new question and speculations to share.
I went to my parents house and got online, since I can't afford a phone line where I live. I saw the news about these scans.
I feel so bad my heart is aching right now.
I don't have many things that rouse my passion. My girlfriend, the best gift of God to me, always brings out the best parts of me. Mercy, humor, compassion and joy.
The story of Kentarou Miura brought out my fighting spirit, and in many ways changed my life, as I would be a different person if I haven't seen Berserk. I'm writing this in a very hateful tone I do not want to go away. It will go away in a few hours and I will calm down.
I'll have to wait a whole year to read chapter 188 as things are now. I know you -the community- probably don't care that much about the scans. Sure, it's quite easy to go to the next Japan Store and buy a young animal, find a pal that knows japanese and enjoy it. Or better yet to order it online for some 20 bucks or less. It's really nice, but it's just a story from a world different than mine. To have a link to the net is really far out around these parts. To be able to pay the phone bill is even more far out (it's a around 1$ per hour). To order young animal over the net is unthinkable. I managed to collect enough money to order a beherit from ebay. Since I live in Croatia it seems it won't arrive. I payed it 42$, that's 1/5 of my salary. Somehow I have the feeling it will never arrive, even tough I payed for it. How can I even hope for a copy of YA to arrive from who knows where. It just don't work that way when you live in a place like this. Why am I taking up space whinig about my social state? Cuz I'm hateful, and I hope those who took away from me and the others those scans feel at least a second of my state. That one second is my way to them.
Somewhere, someday I know a bad thing will happen to those responsable for this. The waves from heart flow in the sea of karma, finding their shores in time. A tsunami will be their forecast. I only wish I could spend 5 minutes lone with those people.So much from me...I go cool my anger somewhere else...

floydboy

Is There anybody out there?
dammit, what the hell

Get my assed kicked by classes, have papers, midterms and such up the wazoo, and now I come back to this?....

o well....now I must find a way to get out of this perpetual state of lacking money and buy the young animal.....as long as translations come about....

Jeese, still can't believe it right now

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
I just think it's required optimism/attitude in order for them to survive their position in the business field.

P

paradiselost_1

...my God...Olivier, you too are saying crazy things about me...

....bouhhhhh...

:-(

...however, I don't care...

...I'm happy about all the people who is writing to me supporting my ideas, and I'm happy at the same to all the italians who are beginning to understand who is in wronmg around here...

...many of them, I believe, are beginning to understand the way you are Walter...

...finally!!!

....fiuuuuuuuu!

;)

...following my friend White_Hawk ideas, I'm in Croatia, at the seaside...

...but I always follow your discussions...funny!

see you...

8)

Top Bottom