Why Skullknight doesn't attack to eliminate Griffith on earth?

This is what I figured out.
Two possibilities, that each of them may hold the truth or maybe a combination of them.

1) If they see Skullknight overcome Griffith, Skullknight will take Griffith's majestic figure importance on people's minds while he is also something astral and this will lead to even more new era's phenomena (see Qliporth) and more demon aka Godhand, as what they represent, power. So Skullknight's best bet is that a human defeats Griffith so that everybody can see and thus make demons lose their legendary status importance.

2)If again people don't see skullknight overcome Griffith, Griffith won't have an assasin on people's minds and Griffith will continue to have its legendary importance status(propablly turning to be Phemto).
On a few words Skullknight wants to humiliate Griffith, a demon or his power and thus what he represents by someone human, someone representing human status.

So Skullknight wants to take advantage of the situation Griffith is on earth to use the humiliation plan on people's minds, that will hurt Godhand.

O

Ozmo

Re:hy Skullknight doesn't attack to eliminate Griffith on earth?

In the end the two main options are that he either can't kill Griffith, or doesn't want to. The former is quite possible with Griffith's funky abilities and such (not to mention his army that apparently consists of most of the apostoles out there) and the latter is a bit unlikely, but not impossible at all if you consider how many unknown factors there still are in the story.

Ozmo said:
In the end the two main options are that he either can't kill Griffith, or doesn't want to. The former is quite possible with Griffith's funky abilities and such (not to mention his army that apparently consists of most of the apostoles out there) and the latter is a bit unlikely, but not impossible at all if you consider how many unknown factors there still are in the story.

If Skullknight wanted to kill Griffith he would have attacked as he did in the Eclipse with Void or as he did with the egg apostle even if he knew it's death was against Karma. I don't say he would have killed him but at least he would have tried fighting against him.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?

Who knows? Maybe Skully knows something we don't and is holding off on Griffith. It's also possible that "it's all part of causality." Even the Skull Knight is not above causality.

Also, Griffith is now surrounded by a huge army and followers. It'd be incredibly hard and reckless to try and kill him just yet.

kimchan said:
Who knows? Maybe Skully knows something we don't and is holding off on Griffith. It's also possible that "it's all part of causality." Even the Skull Knight is not above causality.

Also, Griffith is now surrounded by a huge army and followers. It'd be incredibly hard and reckless to try and kill him just yet.
What about when Griffith incarnated after the second eclipse? When he first apperaed nude in front of people. Skullknight was there as Guts saw him(remember also that Skullknight had adviced Guts not to attack at that moment and the thing most propable is that Guts wasn't able to take Griffith down then). Zodd appeared a sec later. Skullknight could have attacked to maim Griffith. He didn't.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?

That's part of what I meant. Maybe Skull Knight has reasons for what he did that we just don't know about. He knew the Eclipse would happen a year before it did, maybe he knows something else is going to happen; something Griffith has to be kept alive for.

I don't think any of us know enough about this to say anything for sure yet.

kimchan said:
something Griffith has to be kept alive for.
Be humiliated by a human in front of the other human's eyes and minds(think of idea)?

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.

well, xech, whatever will be will be. Don't try drilling your assumptions into our skulls: you'll look all manner of stupid when they turn out wrong.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.

Well maybe skully does't really care about griffith? Maybe his goal is not griffith, its void, even if the reason is not known. Skully maybe is just helping guts to get his way to void... and kill him. So griffith is not his concern, its guts concern.

DemonX said:
Well maybe skully does't really care about griffith? Maybe his goal is not griffith, its void, even if the reason is not known. Skully maybe is just helping guts to get his way to void... and kill him. So griffith is not his concern, its guts concern.
Slann told him: "you fight us...".
Remember also that he tried to eliminate the egg apostle once Griffith wasn't presented as human yet (when he was still on the other dimension)

xechnao said:
Remember also that he tried to eliminate the egg apostle once Griffith wasn't presented as human yet
Actually, he could have eliminated him. But he didn't.

Scarred

I am the apostle of Samson. FEAR ME!

Griffith could quite easily kill SK.

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.

I think Skull Knight doesn't want to eliminate Griffith because that would mean that he might lose a powerful ally. That's Guts, of course. If Griffith were to be 100 percent DEAD, then Guts would no longer want to go the distance Skully would want him to struggle through in order to become a force to be reckoned with. More precisely, SK wants Void dead above everything else, and he wants Guts watching his back while he does the deed. Or he's more practical, he'll let Guts do it himself. No griffith, no Guts.

Not killing the Eggman might have been instinctive, as he might have known that he would serve as the matrix that would create Griffith's earthly vessel. A griffith on earth would make Guts all the more focused, and with the power the Reborne Griffith would bring to bear upon the world, would make him realize just how far he'd have to go in order to become a god-slayer. It also makes Guts all the more open to Skully's suggestions.

Top Bottom