Mythological transformations

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
So far it seems as though the apostles in the Neo Hawks all have transfromations that resemble creatures from Greek and Roman or European mythology. Grunbeld became a dragon, Zoddo has a form that is similar to a minotaur, Locus is a centaur, and there was speculation that Griffith could possibly transform into a griffin. Does anyone have any guesses as to what Irvine will look like?

M

medievald00d

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=2097

note that i snagged locus perfectly...and this was months ago...

I still maintain that Irvine will be a cyclops...

pheonixfenix said:
I still maintain that Irvine will be a cyclops...
Wasn't Wyald a gorilla-cyclops?
I think if Irvine transforms he will be having flying ability. Or a beholder, or something like a harpy-man or a mix of both.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wild had about 5 eyes if I remember correctly, the one's on his face and some huge eyes on his body. There was one right above the big mouth on his body, so it's understandable to get a cyclops vibe from him in your subconcious.

As for Irvine, I have to go with Cyclops as well. But that's pretty easy with that big eye on his bow. And pretty vague, since he could look like anything beyond one eye and still be a cyclops. It's pretty open, maybe he'll have a million eyes. You'd think he'd want some depth perception.

How about Rakshas? We know he has a humanoid body under his cloak now, so what do you think he'll turn into? It's hard to think of anything besides... some kind of floaty, shadowy, blob, but more like wind or cloth. Easy to imagine, hard to describe. =)

-Griffith

For Irvine I still insist for the propabbly flying (dark-)elf (Legolas version with bow and not Puck version).
This is why I said harpy-man (harpies were flying and had feathers I guess,which is something arrows are made from).
Or maybe a giant eagle or falcon version as these are famous for their sharp eyes and bolt-arrow like diving hits to their prey.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
My first thought was cyclops too, because of the eye, but Irvine is so svelte and limber. :-*
A cyclops is usually a giant, muscular, one-eyed, ugly freak. Irvine also gives me the impression of being birdlike, but I'm really not sure what that could translate into in apostle form to keep with the mythology theme, and still match Irvine. Can anyone think of any mythological creatures or figures that are blind?

Thanks for the link to the old topic on this. Sorry for the rerun, but it's interesting to discuss now that we know what Locus is.

TheSkyTraveller said:
My first thought was cyclops too, because of the eye, but Irvine is so svelte and limber. :-*
A cyclops is usually a giant, muscular, one-eyed, ugly freak. Irvine also gives me the impression of being birdlike, but I'm really not sure what that could translate into in apostle form to keep with the mythology theme, and still match Irvine. Can anyone think of any mythological creatures or figures that are blind?
Batman?
Bats have weak eyes but a sonic radar. BTW are we sure that Irvine is blind?

M

medievald00d

xechnao said:
Batman?
Bats have weak eyes but a sonic radar. BTW are we sure that Irvine is blind?
pretty sure. I believe in volume 22 when Griffith's neo band of the hawk is attacking the kushans, they have a close up on Irvine, and he has no eyes.

pheonixfenix said:
pretty sure. I believe in volume 22 when Griffith's neo band of the hawk is attacking the kushans, they have a close up on Irvine, and he has no eyes.
Actually I was looking at that battle and Irvine has eyes. Thus my doubt.

Olivier Hague said:
White eyes.
Blank eyes if this is what you want to say. The colour is covered by the shadow of the hat(some blimdmen have grey eyes).
Either way doesn't Guts have white eyes at some cases, like when he is going mad or berserk?
Maybe it's just Miura style, maybe it's just because of a strange magical connection with the eye of the bow, maybe he is indeed blind.
I am just saying I ain't sure.

Olivier Hague said:
Don't you think that since you answer back makes you two of us? Oh and if you answer this one you are a moron three times, so I win Olivier.
Olivier Hague said:
Did we _ever_ see Irvine with "normal" eyes?
No.
-Did we see Irvine without his eye-propabbly magical bow?
No.
-Did I mentioned the case that his blank eyes could be because of the bow?
Yes.
-Do you think Irvine would be able to run on roofs and on tree branches if he were blind?
I don't think so.

xechnao said:
Don't you think that since you answer back makes you two of us?
No.
-Did we see Irvine without his eye-propabbly magical bow?
No.
-Did I mentioned the case that his blank eyes could be because of the bow?
Yes.
-Do you think Irvine would be able to run on roofs and on tree branches if he were blind?
I don't think so.
-Did I say anything about the bow, or Irvine being blind?
No.

Schwabe

*cough*
A shame we didnt have Mr. owl to teach us how many licks it takes to get to the center of the rejection sucker.
Is this going to take awhile, or are bouts of idiocy commonly prevailant?

Now, only I joined when skull lord was thrashing around, yet I think I miss him.

Griffith said:
How about Rakshas? We know he has a humanoid body under his cloak now, so what do you think he'll turn into? It's hard to think of anything besides... some kind of floaty, shadowy, blob, but more like wind or cloth. Easy to imagine, hard to describe. =)

Perhap like those slimy globe that swallow everyone in vol20/21?

I speculate that Irvine will merge with his bow and transform into a huge catapult with one big eye in front... ;)

And Btw... Xechnao, pls stop your senseless argument with especially OLIVER. We already know u r an idiot, but pls dun be anything worst than that

Smith said:
I speculate that Irvine will merge with his bow and transform into a huge catapult with one big eye in front... ;)
Maybe you wanted to say ballista.
Smith said:
And Btw... Xechnao, pls stop your senseless argument with especially OLIVER. We already know u r an idiot, but pls dun be anything worst than that
You are senseless.

F

Femto

Come on, friends. This type of stuff doesn't accomplish anything. I was told to try to be open here. Let's all do that and respect what each other has to say? ^_^

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Irvine the Archer

TheSkyTraveller said:
So far it seems as though the apostles in the Neo Hawks all have transfromations that resemble creatures from Greek and Roman or European mythology. Grunbeld became a dragon, Zoddo has a form that is similar to a minotaur, Locus is a centaur, and there was speculation that Griffith could possibly transform into a griffin. Does anyone have any guesses as to what Irvine will look like?

I will say that maybe he resembles the archer astrological sign Sagittarius? Perhaps a satyr of sorts with a bow and arrow? He's slim and elegant looking, this Irvine :) so I doubt whether he will transform into something huge and hairy.

P

PsychoJavexx

Irvine is going to change into Robin Hood, and steal from the rich, and give to the poor. Or he'll change into the game sprites for the Chobin Hoods in Secret of Mana.

PsychoJavexx said:
Irvine is going to change into Robin Hood, and steal from the rich, and give to the poor. Or he'll change into the game sprites for the Chobin Hoods in Secret of Mana.

How abt peter pan?

Top Bottom