Hawk in Red

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
At my new apartment, the walls are near-barren. So on a particularly boring afternoon I inspired my roomate and two of our friends to go and get some supplies to spice the place up. Because we're all college students, the quality is limited since we had to paint on cheap posterboard.

I haven't painted since... probably the 5th grade, so critique wise, please keep in mind this is very nearly my first attempt at acrylic or honestly any type of painting.

The colors were not perfectly transferred from the source to the digital camera so I did, unfortunately, have to do some 1337 photoshopping, but only to the contrast/brightness and some slight Hue/Saturation effects to make it look as accurate to the original as possible. In addition to this, I am not pleased with the results of digital imaging, especially in its inability to reproduce all the brushstrokes visible in real-life.

But I want to do more.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Excellent! Great idea about sprucing the place up too. Oh yeah, I'm feeling the Idea chains as the bottom of the Hawk ;)

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Walter! =)

That's a cool image with a lot of impact. What is it about the combination of red, white and black that looks so good? I wish we could see the brushstrokes better; like you said, that stuff never shows up as well on the internet.

For some reason this reminds me of a project my roomate did at school. She painted an abstract silhouette of a powerful human figure with thick black paint on a piece of clear vinyl, and we had it hanging in our apartment for a couple years. The thing was huge.

How big is your piece?

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Very nice work, I love the colors (red's my favorite as it so happens). Anyhow, the situations sounds like something I would do. Anytime I tired of something on my wall and am not feeling lazy, I get out the acrylics and some posterboard and paint something a little more fresh. :)

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Well, I don't paint at all so I can't give a very knowledgable critique, but I can say it looks good, very Berserk-ish.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Serpico said:
Well, I don't paint at all so I can't give a very knowledgable critique, but I can say it looks good, very Berserk-ish.

Walter's apartment is now totally UNboring with that new art. Great color combo :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
TheSkyTraveller said:
How big is your piece?
13"

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's around 3' x 2'. Standard ghetto posterboard size. Thanks for all the complements guys!

Everyone should try their hand in a Berserk painting. Isn't that what this whole section is for? If submissions were strictly limited to professionals, we'd have about 3 posts in here.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Walter said:
Everyone should try their hand in a Berserk painting. Isn't that what this whole section is for? If submissions were strictly limited to professionals, we'd have about 3 posts in here.

Yeah, I think it'd be cool to see more Berserk fanart, but I shouldn't complain since I haven't posted any myself. But I am glad people are using the section, since so many members here are artistic. Maybe another Berserk art contest would liven things up a bit? Although, I can't offer much for a prize. I'm poor.

L

loudchai

Totally awesome.

It's bold and like bam! I just really like it. It's symbolic, but not overtly so. Representational art is fun. :3

Rawr. I concur. I think I need something like this in my room.

Top Bottom