Help me identify this anime

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
I caught the bizarre ending of an anime that was taking place in some kind of weird carnival. There was a fat guy dressed in some kind of Pilgrim outfit, who was able to levitate and float around and inside his outfit he had all kinds of weapons...guns, knives, grenades. He was driven crazy by the meowing of a toy cat. He started to cry for his 'Mommy' on the ground like a big baby.

Anyone know what this is????

Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
I caught the bizarre ending of an anime that was taking place in some kind of weird carnival. There was a fat guy dressed in some kind of Pilgrim outfit, who was able to levitate and float around and inside his outfit he had all kinds of weapons...guns, knives, grenades. He was driven crazy by the meowing of a toy cat. He started to cry for his 'Mommy' on the ground like a big baby.

Anyone know what this is????

This is fairly obvious "Cowboy Bebop" episode 20. It's lincense by Bandai and it's shown on Cartoon Netowrk at 1:00 a.m monday to thursday.There's 26 episodes all together and also a movie that takes place between episodes 23 and 24.

Info-Spike Spiegel, a bounty Hunter with a dark past, lives on bounty to bounty, barely making it each time, or not making it at all. His partners Jet Black, Faye Valentine, Ed and Ein the dog all help him in his adventures from planet to planet.

Got that summary from animenewsnetwork.com

SexyCharlotte

ZODDGUTS said:
This is fairly obvious "Cowboy Bebop" episode 20. It's lincense by Bandai and it's shown on Cartoon Netowrk at 1:00 a.m monday to thursday.There's 26 episodes all together and also a movie that takes place between episodes 23 and 24.

Info-Spike Spiegel, a bounty Hunter with a dark past, lives on bounty to bounty, barely making it each time, or not making it at all. His partners Jet Black, Faye Valentine, Ed and Ein the dog all help him in his adventures from planet to planet.

Got that summary from animenewsnetwork.com

Thanks. I'm not into too many anime other than Berserk but this one just was really odd. Especially where that fat guy just started getting crazy when the cat meowed.

Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
Thanks. I'm not into too many anime other than Berserk but this one just was really odd. Especially where that fat guy just started getting crazy when the cat meowed.

Well that episode is the weirdest one of the entire series. I recommend watching it the show uses a lot of hong kong type of action scenes in the series. Heck the first episode reminds me of the movie Desperato.
Cowboy Bebop is considered one of best anime ever made and has one of the best endings I've ever seen kinda depressing though. :'(

hmph, so it is. when i read it it didnt click. i have only up to episode 20, meaning to see the other episodes asap but just cannot find them.

D

dragonminipulator

this ep is very good that was the first episode of cowboy bebop i ever saw, and thats my fav. ep of it.

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
That episode was inspired by the animators love for Batman: The animated Series. He's supposed to be a cross between The Joker and Penguin.

FYI

Lauralana

That's Hot
Cowboy bebop is a great sereis. And the ending is really good and you wouldn't see anyof it coming. But u have to watch it. i really really like it.

I liked the series much more then the movie, but the fight scenes in it were great.

One of my favourite part in it was definitely in episode 17 with the magic mushrooms! Alot of shows will to a crap job of a trip out but i was impressed by that one.
All of their individual trip outs were quiet amusing but i think spikes was the best while he is walking up the stairs.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Ah, Mad Pierrot Le Fou. ^_^

By the way, the reason he was so afraid of the cat was because he was the victim of a lot of experiments (which was also what caused his deranged mental state) and through most of it, there was cat in the lab, a companion of the scientists there I assume.

I love that episode (I highly recommend that you try and watch more of it sometime, or at least the movie "Knockin' on Heaven's Door." It's great stuff.)

The ending to Cowboy Bebop was extremely depressing. Other than that, it's a great series. I highly recommend it. I'd have to say my favorite episode of the series was "Balled of Fallen Angels". It was the first episode I saw and still my favorite.

I also recommend the movie, "Knockin' on Heaven's Door".

SexyCharlotte

kimchan said:

By the way, the reason he was so afraid of the cat was because he was the victim of a lot of experiments (which was also what caused his deranged mental state) and through most of it, there was cat in the lab, a companion of the scientists there I assume.

I love that episode (I highly recommend that you try and watch more of it sometime, or at least the movie "Knockin' on Heaven's Door." It's great stuff.)

I thought maybe he had some kind of childhood flashback concerning that cat. When he was about to kill this kid in the alley, a calico cat came down the stairs meowing and startled this Pierrot. Then after he shoots up the toy cat, there's a flashback to a long-haired dark cat too. I'll have to check more of this out on Cartoon Network.

Thanks for the info :)

N

Nasferatu Zodd

Grifth said:
best bebop ep out there! i love pierot and u get to see spike at his best in this episode
Nah the best episode of Cowboy Bebop would have to be the one where Vicious pushes him out the church window.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
I like "Ballad of the fallen angels", the jupiter jazz eps and the real folk blues eps... yeah I'm a Vicious fan.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
kimchan said:

Another interesting tidbit is that the cat had two different colored eyes, just like Spike.

Membrax

Some beast eating its heart in the desert
Scarface said:
Nah the best episode of Cowboy Bebop would have to be the one where Vicious pushes him out the church window.

and that sweet music when he's falling ("Green Bird" iirc) makes the scene just unreal. Cult.

Top Bottom