Finally I have MGS2!!

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"
What can I say other than scream with joy (ahh memories of when I got my Berserk DVD's are comin back) people you have to get this game the intro is so cool with it showing the building of a DNA strand and a montage of the movie scenes.
Only problem so far other than it being the last game is that is doesnt have any VR missions so someone like me who didnt play the demo to get to grips with new controls is very hard being plunged right in there but who cares GET THE GAME!

I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again: I live in the country where this game was made and you guys get to play it before me. Damn you Mandoza! Damn you to hell!

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
What can I say other than scream with joy (ahh memories of when I got my Berserk DVD's are comin back) people you have to get this game the intro is so cool with it showing the building of a DNA strand and a montage of the movie scenes.
got to get it!

I played it alot and died alot. Must become better at sneaking around. The A.I. is better for sure but I have to wonder why no one sees Snake crawling around on the floor when there is like a hundred guys in the room. I ended up putting half the room to sleep during a speech from a commander...very funny seeing ZZZZ on top of all the dudes heads..suprised the commander did not notices that more then half his staff was naping during his lecture.

Great game so far tho..

Can't help you there. Anyway, I hope you've catchen up to MGS3. MGS is one of the best series to come yet. Can't wait for MGS4. LUIGI is the main character! wonder what they did with snake? Luigi looks weird in nexgen.

Wraith King

I exist in the shadow of my unrealized dream
meh out of the three i still like the original best - (not in terms of game play)

intro is so cool with it showing the building of a DNA strand and a montage of the movie scenes

then again if you want to compare intro sequences then Snake Eaters the coolest if you ask me..

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Grunbeld said:
Anyway, I hope you've catchen up to MGS3.

Not yet, the Dreamcast won my console war; thus, I had to withdraw from operation Snake Eater and fall on my sword.

Grunbeld said:
MGS is one of the best series to come yet. Can't wait for MGS4. LUIGI is the main character!!! I wonder what they did with snake? Luigi looks weird in nexgen.

Actually, he's supposed to be somewhat modeled after Lee Van Cleef, and he also reminds me of Toshiro Mifune. Anyway, MGS2 was already the "Mario Is Missing" of the series.

meh out of the three i still like the original best - (not in terms of game play)

He wrote that in 2001, dude. =)

D

darkbane

"Griffith No More!" said:
...was already the "Mario Is Missing" of the series.
Sweet memories... the first game I ever played. That's completely off topic, but whatever :)

I can't beat those RAYS in the fifth Snake Tales mission, little help?

Target the kneecaps first. One will do. Then tag the open mouth for heavier damage. If the other two rays are still annoying you, take a kneecap on all of them to cripple them a bit, and just focus on one's mouth.

Worst comes to worst, if you have chaff grenades, they'll fuck with them for a bit. I don't know if you come across them in that Tale, or at least I don't remember.

When one's on the platform with you, focus on that one. Kneecap, mouth, rinse and repeat. Just watch your ass because the outside ones (I'm sure you know) still attack from the peanut gallery.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
I didn't really like any of the MGS games except Snake Eater. Dunno why since I hear the others were much better, but Snake Eater is really the only one that hooked me.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IsolatioN said:
Dunno why since I hear the others were much better, but Snake Eater is really the only one that hooked me.
You heard wrong. MGS3 is king. Unless, redundant and overly complex plots are your thing, that is.

Wraith King

Meh snake eater tends to falter in the climax..

You should give dreamcast more credit. It wasn't part of that console war. It was actually fighting ps1 and N64. But people misread that. Sega couldve made a presentgen system right now, and it would do wonders. But sadly, they only mak games now. Dreamcast is the one that brought me into the world of BERSERK. So sad. 

Dammit i actually have a dream cast but i cant find this game!

"Griffith No More!" said:
He wrote that in 2001, dude. =)

Well i haven't been here that long!  :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grunbeld said:
You should give dreamcast more credit. It wasnt part of that console war. It was actually fighting ps1 and N64.

Because it came out early doesn't mean it shouldn't be compared to its real competitors. The Saturn was meant to compete with the PSX and the N64, the Dreamcast was on another level (128-bit). Launching it early (much like Microsoft launched its Xbox 360 early) doesn't change anything to that fact. That's not to say it wasn't a good console.

Wraith King said:
Dammit i actually have a dream cast but i cant find this game!

You must not have been searching very hard then, it's regularly on eBay and various other sites selling used games.

Wraith King

Your right i havnt looked that hard.. :serpico: but is it even a good idea to buy used games - have you before?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wraith King said:
is it even a good idea to buy used games - have you before?

Well it's a good idea when you don't have the choice. I've done it several times before, never had any problem. The key is to buy an almost unused one (unscathed, comes in mint condition, wasn't played much, etc), and these are surprisingly more common than you'd think (and not necessarily more expensive than if they were half destroyed). Basically you just have to wait for a good opportunity.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
I buy used games all the time, except for the games which you simply can't buy used (for example, Guild Wars) and games I really like. I've never really had any problems. I couple used Gamecube games that I have bought (SW: Rogue Squadron 3 and Legend of Zelda Wind Waker) were defunct, but I simply went back to EBGames and they swapped it with another used one (which was in near mint condition).

So really, I see no reason not to buy used if your a bit tight on the cash. :guts:

Top Bottom